When Does Building/shipping Resume?

Your answers are already shattered over various threads.

Halt? Heh? Even two posts above there was the information that Craig got 200 LCD Cables from me, so he's currently building the next 200 units.

EvilDragon said:

Halt? Heh? Even two posts above there was the information that Craig got 200 LCD Cables from me, so he's currently building the next 200 units.

This is probably one of the largest, most oft-repeated complaints about communication with OPT - to the point where some people have written "scrapers" that try to track down what you all say because you don't release it all in one nice neat predictable location.

As they say on TV house-shopping programs - location, location, location!

BTW - who is fixing the LCD cables for Craig? Until I found out that he'd got 200 so could carry on building, I thought the cable fixing was done by OPT?

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
EvilDragon said:

This is probably one of the largest, most oft-repeated complaints about communication with OPT - to the point where some people have written "scrapers" that try to track down what you all say because you don't release it all in one nice neat predictable location.

Yeah, but as said multiple times all official stuff I know for pretty sure is on the Blog, and there it is...

BTW - who is fixing the LCD cables for Craig? Until I found out that he'd got 200 so could carry on building, I thought the cable fixing was done by OPT?

Fixing? Not fixing, we need to solder the speakers to it. I do that, and I guess I'm part of OPT ;)

Last edited:
This is getting silly. I know that a lot of people are waiting for their pandora. I do as well, but come on, they can't write blog posts everyday. When there are some news worth mentioning we wont miss it. Just chill out. It will take months anyhow.

Xenu said:
This is getting silly. I know that a lot of people are waiting for their pandora. I do as well, but come on, they can't write blog posts everyday. When there are some news worth mentioning we wont miss it. Just chill out. It will take months anyhow.
Personally, I'm not looking for a blog post every day, but a one line tweet even of number shipped as they are sent would be nice. It would also show progress (or not) and stop a lot of speculation. It's not as if this information is not available to the team.

DrCJBoduma said:
Xenu said:
Personally, I'm not looking for a blog post every day, but a one line tweet even of number shipped as they are sent would be nice. It would also show progress (or not) and stop a lot of speculation. It's not as if this information is not available to the team.

Agreed - Team: Thankyou for working hard on this.

However, Please listen to customers - We really need to see some production numbers on a regular basis. Also Clarification on customer number estimates. We've waited a long time, and if we're in for a considerably longer wait it's in our interest to know.

I don't want to come across as whinney, but this is important to a lot of us.

spikeyxx said:
Agreed - Team: Thankyou for working hard on this.

However, Please listen to customers - We really need to see some production numbers on a regular basis. Also Clarification on customer number estimates. We've waited a long time, and if we're in for a considerably longer wait it's in our interest to know.

I don't want to come across as whinney, but this is important to a lot of us.

+1

EvilDragon said:
Monk said:

Fixing? Not fixing, we need to solder the speakers to it. I do that, and I guess I'm part of OPT ;)

Ah, not fixing with the copper tape but soldering the speaker wires to the LCD cable? thanks. You have to do all of those (mostly in Germany) and then ship them to Craig?

A blog update a day is far from necessary. There could be a single thread in an obvious place (say a "News" forum?0 which is unlocked, posted to by OPT and then locked again, to avoid rampant thread drift. It could contain the data which currently you guys retype and post "shattered" across the twitters, blogs, and thread after thread after thread here. I'd have thought typing information ONCE in one place would actually be a lot less effort - and less frustrating an experience - than typing it all over the place and then getting irritated that someone has not spotted the answer.

KISS

The scattered information is a problem. I guess most people here can live with it because we have been waiting for so long. But we are indeed customers who payed for all this a long time ago. Because we believe in the goal we can tolerate the looking for information in various places. For me it has become some sort of hobby but everything can be done in a better way...

But when you think of it on a larger scale, this is something that "normal" buyers will not tolerate. I know this device is not built for typical sony or nintendo buyers. But normal clients will not have all the patience we have.

So if you want this project to become something more than a console for us patient freaks please improve the pr-factor of this project. Your customers deserve clear info about their little investment...

The CURRENT STATUS was a good way for us to follow the project in the beginning. Why not refine it ?

spikeyxx said:
DrCJBoduma said:

Agreed, although I don't really care about numbers. So long as every day or so there is a tweet (or something) that says something along the lines of "got through a good number of units today, and Craig burnt his finger on a soldering iron". Then I'm gonna be happy (nothing against Craig, its just an example). Not that I dont trust the team, and I know that they're gonna be working hard regardless, it's just nice to be kept in the loop.

People, I would really recommend that those who want to know everything ED and the others post about should bookmark this webpage: http://alec.mooo.com/lol/cxs.php

I pretty much do nothing else but follow this log and the You Tube video thread. Just following the log for the last weeks, or maybe months, saves me a bunch of time.

I think these are the bits of information everyone would like to see updated as they change:
  • How many units have been built (up to last microbatch, not realtime)
  • Are units being built right now
  • If no units are being built, what are the holdups (eg. waiting for cases, boards, day off... etc) and estimated time to resume
At some point it was implied that manufacturing all 4000 would take something like 6 weeks. Is this still valid?

How many units can we expect to ship each week? Best guess?

I follow the boards quite actively, so if I have missed something, my bad. I just would really like some kind of a time frame as to when I can expect mine (~1400 @craig's).

Thank you for all you've done so far.

Timeline would be nice. I.e. Units 0-500 - target date, 501-100 - target date, ect.

This will only work if someone can confirm weather the openpandora.org position estimates take into account ED's and Faiths numbers also - I've yet to see confirmation for this.

There are 4000 units in total, and with no disrespect, progress seems to be slow. I'm frustrated to the point where if I don't see some concrete schedules coming through soon, I will be taking my money elsewhere and buying an iPad.

B-ZaR said:
I think these are the bits of information everyone would like to see updated as they change:
  • How many units have been built (up to last microbatch, not realtime)
  • Are units being built right now
  • If no units are being built, what are the holdups (eg. waiting for cases, boards, day off... etc) and estimated time to resume
At some point it was implied that manufacturing all 4000 would take something like 6 weeks. Is this still valid?

How many units can we expect to ship each week? Best guess?

I follow the boards quite actively, so if I have missed something, my bad. I just would really like some kind of a time frame as to when I can expect mine (~1400 @Craig's).

Thank you for all you've done so far.
+1

I read the whole thread - several posts about the status of the rest of the case production and C-fuctory.

But The question about the status of the rest of the cases never gets answered by the OP team..

How come?

Just saying there is no update just raises more questions..

EvilDragon said:
Make sure you wire the speakers correctly, not with the polarity reversed on one of them like GPH did. That was annoying to fix...

Ari64 said:
EvilDragon said:
Make sure you wire the speakers correctly, not with the polarity reversed on one of them like GPH did. That was annoying to fix...

Haha, yeah :D
Well, so far, they are correct (at least all emulators I tried have sound coming from the right direction - also the sound testing tool we use from notaz does work fine)

And since the LCD cable doesn't change and you can't do much wrong soldering here (left goes left, right goes right - don't cross those speaker cables :D), they will stay the same :D

Last edited:
Ari64 said:
Reversing the polarity to a speaker just causes it to play its waveform inverted. I just got curious and opened up audacity and inverted the right channel of a song (Ding A Ling :p). Listening to it now. I cannot hear any difference. Doesnt sound (literally :p) like a really really bad mistake. OTOH Maybe somebody can hear the difference and technically its not nice. Swapping L<=>R would be a real annoying.

urjaman said:
Ari64 said:
Reversing the polarity to a speaker just causes it to play its waveform inverted. I just got curious and opened up audacity and inverted the right channel of a song (Ding A Ling :p ). Listening to it now. I cannot hear any difference. Doesnt sound (literally :p ) like a really really bad mistake. OTOH Maybe somebody can hear the difference and technically its not nice. Swapping L<=>R would be a real annoying.

Yeah, that's how those cheap Karaoke machines try to remove the singing voice from CDs: Since the singing voice usually was the only thing that has the same waveform on both speakers, they inverted one signal which caused a deletion of that voice.
The rest sounded more or less weird, too, though, and the voice didn't disappear completely.

Last edited:
Back