Customs/sales Tax/shipping

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Hey all!

Dropped a line to GP2Xstore.com and they said they'll be carrying the Pandora.

If they are the US distributor for Craig, am I paying possible customs fees, shipping, & CA state sales tax?

Just curious.

Insight on billing/logistics would be helpful.

Peace

Link

Now, if you are a US customer, you will buy from the US distributor, who will charge you USD 330.00 plus shipping. By law, they will only charge you tax if they are based in CA or have physical retail presence there. Technically, however, you should be paying use tax for it.

anexanhume said:
Now, if you are a US customer, you will buy from the US distributor, who will charge you USD 330.00 plus shipping. By law, they will only charge you tax if they are based in CA or have physical retail presence there. Technically, however, you should be paying use tax for it.
I live in CA. I'm not worried about sales tax. I just don't want to be paying shipping from China/England to Cali, incur a customs fee, and pay all three charges. Two I can deal with. Being somewhat local means the Pandora should get to me quicker than some East Coasters.

Thanks for the quick reply

Peace

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Craig said that the first 3000 have to be ordered through him, but the following batches will be available for purchase through other distributors.

Vorporeal said:
I think Craig said that the first 3000 have to be ordered through him, but the following batches will be available for purchase through other distributors.
Can anyone confirm this? I was really hoping to be able to pay via Paypal, and somewhere in the U.S. would be nice too. Oh well....

well I just got a monitor from a Newegg which is interstate and canada, and no tax on the recipe :) (total 281.79) (which is near the same price so..)

I operate a store in the US and am expecting to carry the Pandora. I was told that I would be able to order more than one unit and so it is possible that I could have some avalible, time will tell. -CB

I got my GP2X F200 via the GP2XStore, shipped here to Canada, when the US was at historic lows. The price was fantastic, and I was super happy.

About a month later I got sent a customs letter with about $70 in customs fees.

It would be nice to get an answer as to how Pandora pre-order would be shipped to Canada and other places around the world.

Trevor Bradley said:
About a month later I got sent a customs letter with about $70 in customs fees.
that is totally a rip off <_<

when I order from Newegg, I pay CA sales tax, even when my billing adress was Pennsylvania for the credit card used.

Sounds to me like I'm paying shipping from UK, possible customs. I hope it doesn't get snagged by customs.

The Pandora is a gift, no?

Peace

Link

If you live in the United States, then you will not be charged import taxes. California residents will be charged sales tax if ordering through us.

We are trying to obtain units from the first batch to sell on the store but since the first production run is limited to 3,000 units, we aren't sure if its possible. Information should be straightened out by the end of this month.

GP2xstore.com is carrying them? Awesome! I wonder if this means US preorders will be done through them as well, as that would mean PayPal is a go...

Either way, many people seem to be overlooking this statement in the newsletter:
Craig said:
Anyone from anywhere in the world can order a Pandora, and we have special distribution
arrangements for USA, Canada, Spain, UK, Ireland, Germany & Turkey.
We already know Spain has a special distributor, could GP2xstore be the answer for America? I know it seems a tad paranoid, but I really do think the team needs to whip up an email explaining how all this would work ASAP; I know they already intend to mass mail one before the preorder, but I'd hate to get slapped in the face by some unexpected circumstance after reading the procedure on September 29th, 11:59 PM. :p

Jr2swiss said:
If you live in the United States, then you will not be charged import taxes. California residents will be charged sales tax if ordering through us.

We are trying to obtain units from the first batch to sell on the store but since the first production run is limited to 3,000 units, we aren't sure if its possible. Information should be straightened out by the end of this month.
Hey Jr2swiss.

For newbies - Jr2swiss runs a good USA based online store, I bought my GP32 BLU from him years ago with a glass cover mod. Still works great.

I run Gp2xstore.com and we'll be carrying the Pandora. I'm not sure if we will have any units available from the first batch, but we will definitely have them.

Hey Prophet. Its been a long time. Where did you go?

Back