When Does Building/shipping Resume?

EvilDragon said:
urjaman said:
Ari64 said:
Make sure you wire the speakers correctly, not with the polarity reversed on one of them like GPH did. That was annoying to fix...
Reversing the polarity to a speaker just causes it to play its waveform inverted. I just got curious and opened up audacity and inverted the right channel of a song (Ding A Ling :p ). Listening to it now. I cannot hear any difference. Doesnt sound (literally :p ) like a really really bad mistake. OTOH Maybe somebody can hear the difference and technically its not nice. Swapping L<=>R would be a real annoying.
Yeah, that's how those cheap Karaoke machines try to remove the singing voice from CDs: Since the singing voice usually was the only thing that has the same waveform on both speakers, they inverted one signal which caused a deletion of that voice.
The rest sounded more or less weird, too, though, and the voice didn't disappear completely.
Weird is right - at the least, they should do some filtering to apply the cancelling only to the vocal frequency range, and leave the bass parts alone. Apart from the vocals, the low frequency instruments are usually centred in the stereo field, so they tend to disappear or sound very "hollow" if the speakers are out of phase. The closer the speakers are, the worse the effect; you won't hear any problems at all on headphones, because each ear only hears one side.

The effect is more noticeable with real music than with sound effects, because it's easier to remember what the music ought to sound like. When my TV died and I lashed up a spare monitor and stereo to a set top box, I spent a day wondering what was wrong with the sound on the TV before I noticed that the speakers were out of phase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I wasn't wrong any post regarding the status of the case production gets totally ignored by the OP team.

That says it all

Back