When Does Building/shipping Resume?

If you add your birthday to the amount of freckles on your body, times that by the numeric value of the letters in your first pets name and divide by 2 months, you get your approximate place in the queue

hedwards said:
aq21 said:
The truth is, probably, that those numbers, like any kind of information coming from Pandora are invented with the sole purpose of placating those who ask.
I'm somewhat less cynical. I think it's more a compromise between refusing to say and wasting a lot of time figuring it out each time somebody asks. I suspect what they have a comprehensive list which they only look at closely when they're about to ship each one. Basically they know they still have a lot more to make before they're finished, so they don't worry about to whom the Pandora goes until they box it up.

But... aren't you just saying, then, that the queue position numbers they hand out are indeed invented (rather than looked up) to placate those who ask? you don't seem to be disagreeing or correcting what aq21 so much as excusing the behaviour he describes.

WizardStan said:
aq21 said:
Because if it in any form on a computer it takes a few minutes at most to write a program that finds actual exact place in queue.
Maybe for you or I. Debs and Jackie may be excellent front line receptionists and boxer/shippers, but maybe they're not so keen with a perl script, eh?

I suspect Craig considers himself a competant coder.

BadAstronaut said:
Hey guys, this might not be the right place and this may well have been covered elsewhere, but I have been out of the scene for a bit, so sorry... but how does one go about finding out where in the queue they are?
Thanks.

Step 1: Receive your Pandora.
Step 2: THERE!

Everything else has been a massive case of guesswork, usually ignoring several important aspects (like the fact that there are 3 queues, not one. Being in queue position 350 in one of the queues does NOT mean you will get Pandora serial number 350).

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
Nut... aren't you just saying, then, that the queue position numbers they hand out are indeed invented (rather than looked up) to placate those who ask? you don't seem to be disagreeing or correcting what aq21 so much as excusing the behaviour he describes.
It's not so much excusing the behavior as suggesting that if it were automated sufficiently to make it a quick look up, they'd probably have it automated enough to send us all information on our que position without a lot of human intervention. A weak excuse if it be an excuse.
Monk said:
WizardStan said:
aq21 said:
Because if it in any form on a computer it takes a few minutes at most to write a program that finds actual exact place in queue.
Maybe for you or I. Debs and Jackie may be excellent front line receptionists and boxer/shippers, but maybe they're not so keen with a perl script, eh?

I suspect Craig considers himself a competant coder.
I suspect the reason is the system doesn't handle that very well. If it's like most systems it probably just ques up the orders and shows what's next and the total number necessary but doesn't tell you where a given person is. Which is understandable since it's not something which most companies are in the habit of answering let alone needing to answer.

hedwards said:
Dead1nside said:
Well done guys on getting ready to ship even more units. Do you know roughly how many boards this Texan company is preparing per week? I think it was said that it was down on their initial estimates of 500/week, if I remember correctly.
Right now, I think the hold up is the cases. Well, it's a hold up, without the cases you're not going to get a proper Pandora.

We're actually waiting on board delivery. The fact that the next batch of cases will all come at once, whereas the boards are coming in in dribs and drabs, and of a fewer number that we first thought, is the thing that concerns me. They've proved they can assemble quickly. It appears that the major wait will be for the boards.

So when will the last Pandora (No. 4000) arrive?
My guess would be... 5 months or so? :\

Nupfi said:
Not so pessimistic, be careful or you will land onto Craigix black list. ^^""

The Main Problem right now I see into the Cases (again) because we don't know when they arrive or even, when they started to be produced. I guess even a confirmed "we started" from the chinese Factory doesn't mean that we will see cases soon. :(
I remember during the Volcano crap over Europe, the Factory sayed they are ready and waiting for pic up the Package but they did nothing, after the Skies were clear, they mentioned that the cases are not even painted. (After they sayed something about weighting the package... :rolleyes: )

I press all thumbs I have that the Case Factory makes the rest of the Cases soon as possible and I mean OUR "soon", not their "soon".

fusion_power said:
Nupfi said:
Not so pessimistic, be careful or you will land onto Craigix black list. ^^""

The Main Problem right now I see into the Cases (again) because we don't know when they arrive or even, when they started to be produced. I guess even a confirmed "we started" from the chinese Factory doesn't mean that we will see cases soon. :(
I remember during the Volcano crap over Europe, the Factory sayed they are ready and waiting for pic up the Package but they did nothing, after the Skies were clear, they mentioned that the cases are not even painted. (After they sayed something about weighting the package... :rolleyes: )

I press all thumbs I have that the Case Factory makes the rest of the Cases soon as possible and I mean OUR "soon", not their "soon".

More realistic than pessimistic me thinks. The cases will be at least 2 more months as they now have to produce with extras (paint, buttons etc...) than originally arranged.

The board production will drag on too. Then the issue of assembly incl Quality checks, production then at say 40/day per person x 3 people x 5 days = 600 units per week, at that rate 3000 approx remaining units of batch 1 will take at least 5 weeks plus delivery etc say 6 weeks.

So approx 3.5 months plus 50% delay (Pandora factor) = Approx 5 months. This is just in time for Xmas as promised (n.b. disregard year).

Still worth it though.
Go Team !

Defenitely worth it and hey- I'm really looking forward to these nice unpainted shoulderbuttons. :)
And the more time goes by, the bigger the software selection will get. So when I finally get mine, it will be a big bag, stuffed full of emulation-goodness. :D
But honestly: waiting is hard, especially if you're at the back of the line and nearly everyone else on this planet already got their pandora.
:(

IMHO
It will be very useful if OPT create topic with information about OP assembling process.
How many have been produced, how many components they have, reason of delaying etc.
It doesn't take too much time to update it when new information come.

svs-57 said:
IMHO
It will be very useful if OPT create topic with information about OP assembling process.
How many have been produced, how many components they have, reason of delaying etc.
It doesn't take too much time to update it when new information come.
+1

Hey Craig, what is the current status of the box with Pandora dedicated for EDs shop? Any idea when it will be full enough with assembled and well tested Pandora so that shipping to Ingolstadt can happen?

dont hold your breath

You may get a email back from them saying 2/3 weeks

But I think its very generic now - 2 months is more realistic - thinking of mould tweaks - testing its all okay, producing Cases - All this as they only talk to faith and no-one else - the poor sod is getting married so expect delays to production

PCB's we were told a few weeks, now getting PCB's out of texas aint a quick affair by far

But at the same note - if craig is employing people to build pandora's then I guess either they have shed loads of learning, clearing up the one NUT club (the one NUB pandoras) - they may end up pushing things - no I am not expecting my pandora by month end no more

Looking at other arm devices - now instead - damn Ipad's too expensive, too many android devices - but sharp IS01 looks cool - anyone know of any toys

Well,

I really hate asking this (especially if I missed something),

but Craig mentioned at the beginning of the week there were 200 being prepped...Have they finished any/shipped this week? Are the new emails people are getting prior built QC'd units, or is the production line rolling?

Sorry if this has been answered already.

^ ED wrote on the German boards that Craig got his 200 soldered LCD ribbons today, so he'll be able to assemble them now.

It'd be nice to have some more progress info please. :) And more than one cryptic sentence too!

The excitement of people actually receiving their units has faded -- I'm now back to 2-more-months instead of I-might-get-my-email-today mentality. It is like they wanted to get a few units out there to shut the 'vapourware twats' up and now we're back to waiting for undefined time & reason.

So what's going on guys? It seems like everything has once more come to a complete halt.

Do you have any ETA for the cases at all? Or are you preparing us for the next half year delay?

Please provide some more info, we can handle the truth :)

Yeah tell us something guys , Im beginning to lose my patience here too :(

Is everything on hold?

Please dont tell me they still dont have the cases and the boards for the rest.... :(

Back