When Does Building/shipping Resume?

fusion_power said:
EvilDragon said:
Every fourth unit is for me.
Wasn't it every third unit last time? ;)

He sold approx. 3000 and me 1000.
So he gets 1, 2 and 3 units and then me the fourth.

I get a third of the quantity as he gets, but a fourth of all the units, maybe you confused it with that? (Or I did, because of lack of sleep)

Last edited:
hedwards said:
Esn said:
EvilDragon said:
Sorry for taking two days off for relaxing after two weeks of 16 hours working days...
I'm detecting some sarcasm.

I think ED might've been influenced by Craig a tad during his time in the UK. ;)
Do they even have that many funny hats in the UK?

It is quite likely that you cannot concieve just how many silly hats we have in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
carlgeorge said:
Mithrildor said:
Im at 550-650 at craig and Id like to know when I can expect my shipping email.
I'm apparently 300-400 on Craig's list and I haven't heard anything yet, so you may still have a bit of a wait.

Same here: 300-400 and no e-mail :(

I suppose I'll be one of the first to receive it as soon as the new units are produced (cases are already there, it's just a matter of getting the new boards) :)

craigix said:
Preparing to do 200 new units.

Just what I wanted to hear, cheers for the update.

Well done guys on getting ready to ship even more units. Do you know roughly how many boards this Texan company is preparing per week? I think it was said that it was down on their initial estimates of 500/week, if I remember correctly.

Dead1nside said:
Well done guys on getting ready to ship even more units. Do you know roughly how many boards this Texan company is preparing per week? I think it was said that it was down on their initial estimates of 500/week, if I remember correctly.
Right now, I think the hold up is the cases. Well, it's a hold up, without the cases you're not going to get a proper Pandora.

hedwards said:
Right now, I think the hold up is the cases. Well, it's a hold up, without the cases you're not going to get a proper Pandora.
There should be some cases left from the original 1000 so they can keep building for a little bit. Once they run out they will still have some boards so you are right, the cases are the current holdup.

At some point though, they will receive a shipment of 3000-9000 cases whereas they will only get a few hundred boards at a time so at that time the boards become the holdup (unless OPT builds Pandoras slower than Texas make boards, then there is no holdup). This is what worries me. We were originally told Texas could provide up to 500 boards/week, but that was at least a month ago and we only have the original 700 + 800 (600? some other number??) that should have made it to the UK recently. If it actually takes 3-4 weeks to get 800?? boards (like this last time) instead or 500ish/week, it could very well be that people in the 1500+ queue positions end up waiting for boards instead of cases.

EvilDragon said:
fusion_power said:
EvilDragon said:
Every fourth unit is for me.
Wasn't it every third unit last time? ;)

He sold approx. 3000 and me 1000.
So he gets 1, 2 and 3 units and then me the fourth.

I get a third of the quantity as he gets, but a fourth of all the units, maybe you confused it with that? (Or I did, because of lack of sleep)

Did faith sell any units on his turkish site as well

Which is the master queue list everyone is working off as its really confusing when your told your position is x on this list and then you find out that the list belongs to mr yellow, while mr pink has xxx and mr black has another xx on his list

Are the units being shipped to a coherent list or is all so random?

weirdocollector said:
carlgeorge said:
Mithrildor said:
Im at 550-650 at craig and Id like to know when I can expect my shipping email.
I'm apparently 300-400 on Craig's list and I haven't heard anything yet, so you may still have a bit of a wait.

Same here: 300-400 and no e-mail :(

I suppose I'll be one of the first to receive it as soon as the new units are produced (cases are already there, it's just a matter of getting the new boards) :)

Something to think about for you and all who "know" they are around 300-500:
your place in the queue is, say 350. that means you are the 350th customer.
Now consider 40 customers before you have ordered 2 or 3 Pandoras, we know from ebay that AT LEAST 1 guy has done that. That means you will get Pandora number 390 and not 350. Well, I must admit, in your case my theory is not helping, however, for the guys who think they are number 450-500 :)

Guys, keep the faith! And OPT: KEEP THE WORK ;)

Creature XL said:
Something to think about for you and all who "know" they are around 300-500:
your place in the queue is, say 350. that means you are the 350th customer.
Now consider 40 customers before you have ordered 2 or 3 Pandoras, we know from ebay that AT LEAST 1 guy has done that. That means you will get Pandora number 390 and not 350. Well, I must admit, in your case my theory is not helping, however, for the guys who think they are number 450-500 :)

This might have made some sense if there were not many people who were told their position in line is 3900-4000.
This, of course also means that the common belief that those numbers are positions in Craigix' queue is also without merit.

The truth is, probably, that those numbers, like any kind of information coming from Pandora are invented with the sole purpose of placating those who ask.

aq21 said:
The truth is, probably, that those numbers, like any kind of information coming from Pandora are invented with the sole purpose of placating those who ask.
I'm somewhat less cynical. I think it's more a compromise between refusing to say and wasting a lot of time figuring it out each time somebody asks. I suspect what they have a comprehensive list which they only look at closely when they're about to ship each one. Basically they know they still have a lot more to make before they're finished, so they don't worry about to whom the Pandora goes until they box it up.

hedwards said:
I'm somewhat less cynical. I think it's more a compromise between refusing to say and wasting a lot of time figuring it out each time somebody asks. I suspect what they have a comprehensive list which they only look at closely when they're about to ship each one. Basically they know they still have a lot more to make before they're finished, so they don't worry about to whom the Pandora goes until they box it up.

And you forgot to say that this list is handwritten on paper. Because if it in any form on a computer it takes a few minutes at most to write a program that finds actual exact place in queue.

And I really believe that they do not count exactly how many they made, and exactly how many they shipped.

aq21 said:
Because if it in any form on a computer it takes a few minutes at most to write a program that finds actual exact place in queue.
Maybe for you or I. Debs and Jackie may be excellent front line receptionists and boxer/shippers, but maybe they're not so keen with a perl script, eh?

Another birthday come and gone without my Pandora... 850-950 leeettttss gooooo

Hey guys, this might not be the right place and this may well have been covered elsewhere, but I have been out of the scene for a bit, so sorry... but how does one go about finding out where in the queue they are?
Thanks.

Back