What's This??? A Gp2x Clone....???

yeah what the hell???
says it has a 16:9 screen, though. also no gp2x logo in that pic.

Wow, the gp2x seems to be even copied faster than the psp. Oo

Could be a good sign. ^^

I don't think it's a clone since in the picture it has gamepark holdings written on it and it's just the original picture of the gp2x. It looks like they are just a supplier based in china.

Actually, that picture is straight from the GP2X website Gallery. the reflection in the screen is the exact same, and the logo is just removed.

I am officially disgusted, now

Its just a Chinese exporter trying to drum up business, its normal for them to debrand the unit so you think they are the manufacturer.

Winterkid posted on Oct 13 2005 at 11:04 PM said:
So they are just a reseller then? That would be alright, I suppose, but it's just freaky.

And if so, why are they talking about a widescreen?

No, they can't be the reseller, they are calling it 'GP4', not GP2X, and 4 inch widescreen???, a kind of freaky happening around there... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
gdsense posted on Oct 13 2005 at 02:20 PM said:
Winterkid posted on Oct 13 2005 at 11:04 PM said:
So they are just a reseller then?  That would be alright, I suppose, but it's just freaky.

And if so, why are they talking about a widescreen?

No, they can't be the reseller, they are calling it 'GP4', not GP2X, and 4 inch widescreen???, a kind of freaky happening around there... :(

They are probably confused and got the specs from the XGP for screen dimentions. That IS the GP2X as it is the pic from their site and still has "Gamepark holdings" on it.

Wasn't PMP another device, I faintly remember it from a linked article on these threads.. or does it stand for Portable Media Player?

They stole the design to Gamepark and they recreated a new unit using the GP2X part list.
Gamepark is aware of it for a few hours now. For the moment, they wait to see what will happen

fx-man posted on Oct 13 2005 at 11:05 AM said:
They stole the design to Gamepark and they recreated a new unit using the GP2X part list.
Gamepark is aware of it for a few hours now. For the moment, they wait to see what will happen
wow :unsure:

rebranded consoles aren't too much of a worry

1: it'll never go outside of china
2: They're just re-badging GP2Xs, GPH still get the cash

If it was them stealing the design and using the parts to make it then they'd find their parts supply drying up fast. I wouldn't imagine the makers of the Magiceyes chip would supply to a company endangering a large client

fx-man posted on Oct 13 2005 at 05:05 PM said:

Initial reaction :blink: :angry: :unsure: :rolleyes: :lol:

Back