Guy Who Wants To Sue Gamepark, Gph, Me & Ed

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
OK, Ed was sent this link and passed it to me and, well, you kind of have to read it to believe it.

It all starts here (as far as we know):

http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/32623.html

Where he allegedly claims he invented the GP32 / GP2x and all the publicity and it was stolen from him.

He then follows this up with a few more posts, the best one being this:

http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/37176.html

And more on his blog here: http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

He even allegedly claims I stole all the stuff on the UK site from him.

I've never met or heard of this guy until today.

Maybe there are just one or two little errors in his claims ;) take a look.

See here Craig.

If you like I can try to get you in touch with the person I spoke with.

Edit: I actually don't know what UK site he is referring to since he calls it a pirate site.

Last edited by a moderator:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy moses..is he suing for the basic idea of a pmp? Send him to endgadget.com and have him find 12356 more 'targets'. No question that he will find more 'copyrighted' ideas. I would like to know what exact text he is refering to..by the way he speaks it seems to be most everything on most of the gpxx based sites..which seemingly is the goal of many many pmp's.

Does he have a patent or something? I want to know how specific his ideas really were that he could target craig, evildragon, gph, gamepark etc. Also, was this the reason we don't have gp32z.com anymore?

So many questions.

Oh ya, this guy is a dickbag.

His latest threat:

'If the people involved want to contact me before the end of the week, we are willing to work out a license deal. If not, we'll go forward.'

craigix posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:33 PM said:
His latest threat:

'If the people involved want to contact me before the end of the week, we are willing to work out a license deal. If not, we'll go forward.'
You must be terribly scared :rolleyes:

Hm. I didn't know I got any copyrighted material from GPH.
To be honest, I don't remember getting ANYTHING from GPH, that's why I built the German site myself from scratch.

AFAIR it took craig and me a LOOONG time of getting any detailed informations from GPH.
Not the case anymore, thank goodness :)

lol... I actually told my dad about this guy today. We were sitting in a cafe in Hannover and drinking a beer or two, and I explained the phenomenon of fanboism and people looking for attention with false sueing claims or "I made an xbox emulator" claims. I thought it was interesting for him since he is a psychotherapist. I also told him about this guy and he says it sounds like the guy suffers from a typical case of paranoid neurosis. He had to deal with something like 3 cases already of people who had some screws loose and really sued companies because they believed they had the rights to some patent. The problem is, he says, that they are mostly not so far off that attorneys will actually take over cases like that!!! I think we will hear a lot from this guy in the future... probably it will end in a lot of work because this idiot will file lawsuits that have to be payed attention to by all people involved but he will never ever succeed...

Goity posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:35 PM said:
craigix posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:33 PM said:
His latest threat:

You must be terribly scared :rolleyes:
I think that his son stole the money & spent it on crack whore's <_<

Jeebus posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:01 PM said:
Well I gave him my opinion on what he has written ;)

lol, so did I. But it seems he censors the comments (he needs to aprove them maybe) since mine didn`t appear. Probably due to the high count of swear words and random insults. Also, I told him, he may proceed to sue me aswell at his liking, I provided my name on the board so he can contact me by sending a PM for further legal babble... :blink: gaga? :blink:

I think this guy stole the plans from ME! So that is what he did with them! I originally got them from an alien from a galaxy far, far, away. :huh:

nickspoon posted on Sep 12 2006 at 05:27 PM said:

Agreed. Here's the best bit, IMO:

Anonymous: As a commercial device the GP32 failed at first.
Then they opened the device to allow everyone to develope games for it.
This was a completely new idea and the GP32 got many fans and developers all around the world.
It had and has a big homebrew scene.
That's the idea around the GP32, and the GP2X.
It existed long before your son developed anything.

The Idiot: That's an outright lie. The took their device, which had no success as you said, and use our marketing and business plans, both of which were copyright, confidential works, and used them to make the GP32 and the GP2X the commercial success that you claim they are.

.. he's stealing our oxygen.

Back