What would you like to see?

Can you try KDE? Not sure if there's really much to "see" (unless you wanted to fiddle with some of the desktop effects), but was interested to see what options we had

I would be interested in that too, just to see how the performance is > used a KDE Edition from some Debian derivate some weeks ago, just to test some things out on a C2D ~1.8GHz/2GB RAM/1.8" SSD - subnotebook and it was surpisingly slow.
Really? I run it on my EEEPC 1025CE, and it works pretty good for me
Specs:
Intel® Atom™ N2600 (Dual Core; 1.6GHz) or N2800 (Dual Core; 1.86GHz) Processor (not sure which mine has)
2GB RAM
Normal platter HDD (can't remember capacity)

I thought the earliest devboard videos were all running KDE anyway, weren't they?

I don't know, I can't remember seeing anything, but that's not saying much

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still interested in seeing how many browser tabs it can really handle at once.  Just start a fresh browser, right click bookmarks, and open all in tabs.  Try 20, 30, 40, see where it finally eats up all the RAM and what happens when it does.

JA2 seems to play fine, although I haven't played it before so I haven't got through the introduction stuff, luckily enough actually had the game in my GoG archive of things I never get around to play.  I plan on making a video of games I've played with and will include that one.

Some more very quick videos, was going to combine these into one combined video, but decided against it:

EDIT: One last one for tonight....

OMG you played Neverwinter Night, Dungeon Keeper 2, and Unreal Tournament!!! It run really well for 3D games without hardware acceleration! I'm so eager to have the Pyra! :lol:

Many thanks Trashy!

I've other games to try if you want to, I can give you a list. It's mainly games that running on Windows. Well, I don't think you bought all of them.

Fighting: Little Fighter 2 (Freeware on http://www.littlefighter.com/download_links_en.html) really fun and multiplayer.

RPG/ Hack&Slash: Dungeon Siege 1, great with 3D world, there isn't any other game like this one.

RPG/Adventure: Might And Magic VII, Outcast, Morrowind

Platform: Hunter Hunted

RPG: Lionheart, Arcanum, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, 

Space Opera:  Freelancer,

RTS: Warlord Battlecry, Warwind, Red Alert 2, Black&White, Populous 3, Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40.000

FPS: Soldier Of Fortune, Serious Sam: the First Encounter

Racing: Re-volt

Wow Trashy. Exagear really shows some potential, do you think performance on 3D games will improve if we get a working 3D driver, or there is a CPU bottleneck?

Thanks for your videos it really helps to have an idea of what we will get on the pyra.

I'm glad to see you have NWN going.  I played this fairly regularly using the Linux native client.  The Linux native client can be a pain to set up the first time, but it's worth it to loose the WINE overhead.  

All of those reinforce the theory that PC gaming really could be the Pyra's 'killer app'.

So - all of this begs the question...  Where are things at with getting the 3D drivers working on the Pyra?  The rest of the development appears to be going so well - but this one piece has me concerned.

Where are things at with getting the 3D drivers working on the Pyra?  The rest of the development appears to be going so well - but this one piece has me concerned.

I was scouring the boards last night for a possible update on this...

Hey Trashy, sorry for bother you again but, is there any chance to see now if MDK works? And what about Carmageddon?

Wow Trashy. Exagear really shows some potential, do you think performance on 3D games will improve if we get a working 3D driver, or there is a CPU bottleneck?

Thanks for your videos it really helps to have an idea of what we will get on the pyra.

Yeah in the cases of like NWN I'm fairly certain once 3D acceleration is working that will be fully playable, the CPU can handle a bit. I'm just not sure were the threshold is gaming wise.

Hey Trashy, sorry for bother you again but, is there any chance to see now if MDK works? And what about Carmageddon?

Carmageddon is playable in DOSBOX there is just an odd rendering issue causing odd lines most likely an odd FPU precision problem... Maybe a recompile of DOSBOX may fix the issue, but it's hard to say.. 

I'll see about making an MDK and Carmageddon video tonight or later this weekend.

Still working on MDK as I'm still finding my CD, but here is a General DOSBOX video, including Carmageddon: 

just uploaded so HQ version may follow in a few minutes.

Back