What Would You Get? A Psp2 Or A Pandora?

Different shits

• PSP2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandora

• I''ll wait and see

• Total voters

'Phawx' said:
Edit: HAHA five people voted for PSP2 and eight are going to "wait and see"

1. quasist
2. Chad W. Smith
3. GRNDSLM (or whatever his name was)
4 and 5: GPH employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Tom' said:
'Phawx' said:
Edit: HAHA five people voted for PSP2 and eight are going to "wait and see"

1. quasist
2. Chad W. Smith
3. GRNDSLM (or whatever his name was)
4 and 5: GPH employees.

haha, nice one :)

And seriously, ppl that hang around here are here mainly here for the pandora. Why would a psp lover vote here? some might buy the psp2 AS WELL, but it's probably not a choice between the two.

or maybe if you are incidentally dropping by when you just heard about the Pandora this day and the topic is not moved to another section or closed yet :p

edit: clarification

Just to reiterate:

There's nothing in the article that has any validity yet. There is no concrete evidence of a PSP2 or even a PSP4000 yet so placing a date on it's release is ridiculous when there's not a shred of quantifiable evidence that it exists beyond the fantasy realm of a bunch of people who heard a rumor from someone else, especially when rumors run wild as dogs about anything playstation related.

this has to be the shittiest poll ever. what kind of result do you expect to get on the pandora forums?
Go on a mac forum and start a poll asking if people would prefer getting snow leopard or windows seven.

If they get SFIV in the PSP2 I'll get one, otherwise I'm not interested.

Well, the words 'digital downloads' put me off straight away, i like to hold the media i buy thanks very much, the sell on value kinda drops if its digital only!
(For the thickos, there is no sell-on value as you can't swap digital media with DRM!)

You'll probably be able to get ahold of a PSP2 before the Pandora, eh?

'-Ace-' said:
You'll probably be able to get ahold of a PSP2 before the Pandora, eh?
Fortunately Sony are not known for their time keeping either.

craigix said:
What if the PSP2 contains an OMAP3? :ph34r:
Yanno... Even if it did, craigix, I'm not interested. I really only have a PS3 because my GF bought it for me and her kids for Christmas. :D

Besides, PSP would be DRM infested, and moreover, it doesn't dovetail with my plans for Global Domination!... Er...did I say that with my outside voice?

Seriously, though, it doesn't work with my way at getting access to port titles as a "hobby" and most of the AAA titles right at the moment aren't fun to play. They've got great production values but they're not terribly fun to play in comparison to the stuff we're doing/seeing/porting over to the Pandora.

craigix said:
Fortunately Sony are not known for their time keeping either.
No, they're not. :D

If Sony want the PSP2 to be backwards compatible with the games on PSP1, then the hardware is going to be the same type, just higher clocked and more memory if anything. Highly doubt the PSP2 would emulate PSP1 games :p

The only reason I would get a psp2 is if it had a keyboard, two analog knobs and was able to emulate PS2 and Gamecube, but I doubt that will ever happen even if it's able to be cracked.

So I'll stick with the Pandora for now. I'll more than likely get the Pandora on it's next batch. I just wanted to see how other people liked it first.

Get both? If the money's there that is.
I've ordered a Pandora, and while it is a wonderful piece of machinery, a more powerful version of the psp would kick ass enough to at least warrant a look. If it could eventually play homebrew, all the better, but even if not, there could be some awesome games on it.

'Gruso' said:
OMAP, oh snap. Pretty sure it'll be x86 though.
I can't think of a single reason why it would be x86 that doesn't involve Intel bribing Sony with hundreds of millions of dollars (or more). They wouldn't want to run PC apps and it'd hurt chances of backwards compatibility with PSP, plus the battery life probably wouldn't be competitive, plus SSE isn't really industry leading in vector performance (PSP's VFPU and PS2's VUs are much better at it).

Back