What Would You Get? A Psp2 Or A Pandora?

Different shits

• PSP2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandora

• I''ll wait and see

• Total voters

'Mithrildor' said:
Well the DSi is a real new handheld , it has 10x better specs (no joke)
I think this is a bit of a stretch, given that the CPU is only clocked at around twice the speed of the DS (133 MHz vs 66 and 33 for the original DS). Even taking into account possible architectural changes, nowhere near ten times. Four times the memory, and probably a lot more memory bandwidth, too, which is nice but still not that much better. Certainly still nowhere near the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
umm, sure, i would take a psp2.. does it come with an sgx and an open dev environemnt, though?

There is no actual PSP2, if it's anything at all it's just another revision to the old PSP, probably PSP4000 and there's not evidence that THAT is even really going to happen so soon after the PSP3000. It doesnt make sense for them to force a new version of the hardware when they've had a hard enough time getting developers to use the system as it is, they just got around to announcing a few more decent titles that should help sell systems too.

Honestly I kinda gave up on hacked PSPs, I might still put custom firmware on the downgraded PSP1000 I have to play PS1 games untill my Pandora comes but they're fine as is for their own intended purpose. Being second place to the DS I prefer to actually buy their games in support of high quality portable games. Meanwhile Nintendo has an easier system to pirate but they easily make millions just selling the system so they dont care as much.

Also the DSi has the same specs as the DS just a slightly larger set of screens and cameras, big deal.

Anyway to answer the question Probably Both since I alread order my Pandora and I'd support a new PSP as long as they didnt force download only gaming. Because then I'd need to pirate just to make sure I never lost a game.

'Mithrildor' said:
Well the DSi is a real new handheld , it has 10x better specs (no joke)
I challenge you to back these slanderous up with statistics.

Skeezix: well you're doing one hell of a job to help out.

What if Sony pulled a PS3 and allowed you to install Linux on the PSP2? Sure, they gimped the PS3 so you could only make use of limited cores on the Cell and no use of the RSX gpu, but they could allow the same on the PSP2, surely.

anyone who makes assumptions about a psp2 is an idiot
and anyone who makes assumptions about when or if the psp2 will be hacked, shouldnt even be talking to ordinary people

also DS a true handheld, dont make me laugh phones kick the DS ass, and thats how bad it is

also
"Why are so many investors investing in Apple game development? Trying to pitch a PSP game to investors right now is brutal."

he also mentions apple several other times, and sony has been saying theyre looking for homebrew, theyve recently launched the PS Store for psp

to me, you have to at least accept theres a possibility that the psp will beable to run "Homebrew"., or atleast make it easier to hit the store

anyway ill probably get both, but consider this i odnt think the psp2 will have a analogue, the previously provided sketches shows one, and even then sony has a habit of being ignorant.

It's not ignorance, they simply felt the first PSP didnt need a second analog because it wasnt supposed to be recreating exactly the same games that were on the PS2 at the time. The GBA and DS didnt even need a first analog.

Any sketches you see are all going to be fan made at this point and based on speculation. Although I think SOny would go ahead with dual analog just to shut people up who keep demanding it... the sad thing is once they do, all those people will start demanding analog L2 and R2 buttons.

'Alpha2' said:
It's not ignorance, they simply felt the first PSP didnt need a second analog because it wasnt supposed to be recreating exactly the same games that were on the PS2 at the time. The GBA and DS didnt even need a first analog.

Any sketches you see are all going to be fan made at this point and based on speculation. Although I think SOny would go ahead with dual analog just to shut people up who keep demanding it... the sad thing is once they do, all those people will start demanding analog L2 and R2 buttons.
well yes,
the more buttons the better, even if theyre difficult to reach

this is where the pandora fails for me, the shouldve split the triggers into two either horizontally or vertically, this way when needed the buttons could be split into doing separate commands otherwise either L1 or L2 = L

also yeah the psp was deemed hardcore handled yet FPS are bloody difficult or atleast good ones

'emcp' said:
anyone who makes assumptions about a psp2 is an idiot
and anyone who makes assumptions about when or if the psp2 will be hacked, shouldnt even be talking to ordinary people

also DS a true handheld, dont make me laugh phones kick the DS ass, and thats how bad it is

also
"Why are so many investors investing in Apple game development? Trying to pitch a PSP game to investors right now is brutal."

he also mentions apple several other times, and sony has been saying theyre looking for homebrew, theyve recently launched the PS Store for psp

to me, you have to at least accept theres a possibility that the psp will beable to run "Homebrew"., or atleast make it easier to hit the store

anyway ill probably get both, but consider this i odnt think the psp2 will have a analogue, the previously provided sketches shows one, and even then sony has a habit of being ignorant.
blarg

'emcp' said:
well yes,

this is where the pandora fails for me, the shouldve split the triggers into two either horizontally or vertically, this way when needed the buttons could be split into doing separate commands otherwise either L1 or L2 = L

also yeah the psp was deemed hardcore handled yet FPS are bloody difficult or atleast good ones
Deemed hardcore by who? default? I have to dissagree with the L2 & R2 regardless of comforn because that just gives people onemore thing to complain about, not to mention it risks making the device less comfortable to just stick in a pocket (especially if they're placed under the L1 & R1, it' be like trying to put a Dual Shock controller in your pocket, not good.) Splitting them makes them hard to use and could make them fragile in the long run.

I believe it was Sony's advertising squirrels who decided the PSP was a hardcore portable game system for gangsta muthafuckas who needed to watch some movies on tiny discs and play some hardcore sk8boarding games on the go.

You can never trust the squirrels.

As for the L2 and R2, it seems like overkill when you've already got two triggers. It wouldn't get enough use to really be worth it as far as I can tell.
Analog triggers would have been nice, but I'm not sure how you would work that into a handheld system.

About a year ago, I wanted to buy a PSP, then I found the first "leaked" info about the pandora. I was like: "A PSP, when I can have that cool thing in some months? No way!" So I waited and I waited and finally, last September, I was allowed to put my money in for a late-november batch or wait for the second batch. I was really unsure, but I did want that device and I didn't want to wait till march. Now we have nearly march and the first batch isn't even in production. Back in january I made a decision: If I don't have my Pandora till early may, I'll get out. If there are any signs I definatly won't have it till end of may, I might be out even earlier.
As soon as I would be out of the deal, I'd probably buy a PSP1. If there is a PSP2 by then, even better, I'll get the PSP1 cheaper.

'conso' said:
About a year ago, I wanted to buy a PSP, then I found the first "leaked" info about the pandora. I was like: "A PSP, when I can have that cool thing in some months? No way!" So I waited and I waited and finally, last September, I was allowed to put my money in for a late-november batch or wait for the second batch. I was really unsure, but I did want that device and I didn't want to wait till march. Now we have nearly march and the first batch isn't even in production. Back in january I made a decision: If I don't have my Pandora till early may, I'll get out. If there are any signs I definatly won't have it till end of may, I might be out even earlier.
As soon as I would be out of the deal, I'd probably buy a PSP1. If there is a PSP2 by then, even better, I'll get the PSP1 cheaper.
the article stated it was being released in the fall, but i doubt it
also your not missing anything with the psp, i would just forget it an wait out the pandora

emcp said:
well yes,

Disagreement! If there are buttons, game developers will use them in their game. If they're difficult to reach, that means you're required to use buttons that are known to be difficult to reach. That can't be good.
Reduce the usable buttons, force the game developers to find different, usually easier methods of input. To a point, of course: you could come up with an input scheme that involved just one button plus the D-pad, but that wouldn't work too well.

I have a PSP, a DS and a DS Lite right now. Out of all them, the DS/ lite is the best out of all in my opinion. The only reason I'm on hiatus with the PSP is that the games are always the same. PLus, its harder to play homebrew on the PSP. With the DS its easier. But anyway, I think I will like the pandora above cause it more powerful than all of them.

This poll's premise is moronic. The PSP, DS, and even the Wiz to an extent are aimed at a completely different market than what the Pandora panders to; gaming controls and touch screen aside, it's a cut above any mainstream gaming handheld in price, features (EXT/USB, SD slots, keypad, etc.), and performance. Even if the PSP's successor _is_ confirmed, we still know almost nothing of its specs, controls, price point, and so forth; such a direct, broad comparison as this poll's is silly.

HOW DARE YOU MOCK MY POLL!?

I was loling while reading your reply TLD and than I saw how many people have voted so far and lol'd again. <done loling> ..sigh, Good Pandora news needs to happen. Edit: HAHA five people voted for PSP2 and eight are going to "wait and see"

Back