what i would like to know

essex boy

Still Fresh
as a long suffering batch 1 customer waiting for a pandora i was wondering what is the true cost of the pandora as from what i have read because of delays the price has sky rocketed, this is because i would happily pay the extra to ensure the pandora project does not run out money also this would ensure that software would continue to be developed for the pandora i have no interest in buying an extra pandora because i know nothing about programming so it would be wasted on me

my biggest fear is that the pandora would not be obsolete but outdated by the time i get mine this is because during the last two years we now have android phone and tablets which can play various media

the reason i bought the pandora is so that i would have a media player (for video) with a long battery life and so that i could re-play my childhood games eg mame arcade and snes and mega drive games while out and about as i do a lot of solo travelling during the time the pandora has been in production i now have a laptop with a grat batery life iubi blue also the psp2 is out this and will probably get a galaxy s phone, however this doesn't stop me watching my emails and this site too many times each day to find out when i will be getting mine

what were your reasons for getting the pandora

i have a 500gb WD hard drive loaded with dvd rips, mp3, games and pics connected to pandora usb host, it's hard to beat that

i know latest mobile phones feature on-the-go but i doubt it would be like an actual usb port

for videos, anything less than 800x480 is likely to play fine, maybe pandora is already outdated if you think HD content

having usb host, qwerty, wifi/bt3g connectivity and tons of retrogames make pandora still worthwhile

i have a 500gb WD hard drive loaded with dvd rips, mp3, games and pics connected to pandora usb host, it's hard to beat that

i know latest mobile phones feature on-the-go but i doubt it would be like an actual usb port

for videos, anything less than 800x480 is likely to play fine, maybe pandora is already outdated if you think HD content

having usb host, qwerty, wifi/bt3g connectivity and tons of retrogames make pandora still worthwhile

thats what i will be getting a wd 500gb portable hard drive so i have a real library of xvid type files on a small screen like the pandora hd would be nice but not essential as vids look great on 4" i have a few 8gb sd cards so this is fine for a tv series or 10 films your right about retro games playing captain comando (mack the knife) final fight street fighter 2 will be bliss

At the Moment, i have a Pandora folder on my PC whit 4,7gb stuff, quake 3 and 2, games for Scummvm (Day of the Tentakle, Sam and Max hit the road, maniac mansion, monky island 1 and 2, zack mc craken, some roms for n64 gba gb gbc snes nes, megadrive, mastersystem, atari yaguar, comodore amiga, payback for gp2x (playable via ginge), if i find some time i want to make 8 PS1 CDs to Iso, which means: Final Fantasy 7 (3CD) Road Rash (1CD) GTA 2 (1CD) Colin MC Rae Rally 2.0 (1CD) and Gran Turismo 2 (2CD)

4,7GB Roms and stuff + 5,6GB PSX Iso = 10,3GB

The Second 16GB Card, i wants to fill whit some Musik..

At the Moment, i have a Pandora folder on my PC whit 4,7gb stuff, quake 3 and 2, games for Scummvm (Day of the Tentakle, Sam and Max hit the road, maniac mansion, monky island 1 and 2, zack mc craken, some roms for n64 gba gb gbc snes nes, megadrive, mastersystem, atari yaguar, comodore amiga, payback for gp2x (playable via ginge), if i find some time i want to make 8 PS1 CDs to Iso, which means: Final Fantasy 7 (3CD) Road Rash (1CD) GTA 2 (1CD) Colin MC Rae Rally 2.0 (1CD) and Gran Turismo 2 (2CD)

4,7GB Roms and stuff + 5,6GB PSX Iso = 10,3GB

The Second 16GB Card, i wants to fill whit some Musik..
for ps1 i would have to put on civilization 2 xcom terror from the deep g police games i forgot about the quake games thanks for reminding me also the streets of rage games would also go on

You won't get 8-10 hours of anything off a Droid
i am pretty sure i would get video probably less on games plus galaxy s can play mkv

as a long suffering batch 1 customer waiting for a pandora i was wondering what is the true cost of the pandora as from what i have read because of delays the price has sky rocketed, this is because i would happily pay the extra to ensure the pandora project does not run out money also this would ensure that software would continue to be developed for the pandora i have no interest in buying an extra pandora because i know nothing about programming so it would be wasted on me

my biggest fear is that the pandora would not be obsolete but outdated by the time i get mine this is because during the last two years we now have android phone and tablets which can play various media

the reason i bought the pandora is so that i would have a media player (for video) with a long battery life and so that i could re-play my childhood games eg mame arcade and snes and mega drive games while out and about as i do a lot of solo travelling during the time the pandora has been in production i now have a laptop with a grat batery life iubi blue also the psp2 is out this and will probably get a galaxy s phone, however this doesn't stop me watching my emails and this site too many times each day to find out when i will be getting mine

what were your reasons for getting the pandora
I would not worry. Everything gets outdated and the Pandora is no exception. But remember what it is mainly to be used for and that is playing

all of the old classic games. It does that very well and will continue to do for as long as you take care of yours. It does everything well and

the only thing I think it will need upgrading on is the web browsing as that changes all the time. I am sure with firmware upgrades,it will do just fine. I am sure there will be a Pandora 2 coming some time in the future, but for now I gladly settle for this version as soon as I get mine.

Back