What To Make Next ?

That looks great, looking forward to the release. Sadly I can't help in building levels, I'm not creative enough for that. :p

joyrider said:
hey guys,

i made some things in the game, i can limit the viewport now based on the size of the level so u can't scroll beyond the level dimensions. i also added a freelook mode (Y+joystick) so u can freelook the bigger levels :)

and i made another wip movie to show off the 10 levels i have from the orginal game, the 11th level was something special and it doesn't work with my game i'm sorry for that.

here's the wip movie : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTCwDL6jtTQ

Oh yeah does anyone know if there is a game based on this that has more levels ? i couldn't find any or if someone is good at level creating and want to help me with level creating cause i'm just not good at it they are to easy lol :)

check out block man I and II here: http://www.soleau.com/dosgame.html

had them on a dos shareware cd a while ago

Last edited by a moderator:
ah cool goana check em out. At first sight doh the levels from blockman seem to be the same as on the Blockdude TI 83 game, perhaps the TI 83 game was a remake of the blockman game. I'm running the shareware version and have to solve all the puzzles to see if the later levels are still the same. wish i didn't have to play it to know lol :)

blockman 2 seems to be a completely diffrent game according to the description, i'll check it out as well perhaps i can make blockman 2 work with this game as well no promises doh have to test it all first & see what's possible

joyrider said:
ah cool goana check em out. At first sight doh the levels from blockman seem to be the same as on the Blockdude TI 83 game, perhaps the TI 83 game was a remake of the blockman game. I'm running the shareware version and have to solve all the puzzles to see if the later levels are still the same. wish i didn't have to play it to know lol :)

blockman 2 seems to be a completely diffrent game according to the description, i'll check it out as well perhaps i can make blockman 2 work with this game as well no promises doh have to test it all first & see what's possible

edit:

okay managed to be able to select any level i want in that blockman, not goana explain how doesn't matter :p
but it seems soleau software still sells this game even doh it's a dos game from around 1995. And the 1st 10 levels from the TI 83 Blockdude game are the same as the soleau blockman first 10 levels. This makes me wonder doh if the TI 83 blockdude game isn't a remake of this blockman game. So i got a little dillema here should i continue with adding levels even doh it's seems to be a complete ripoff of a game that's still exists.

decided i'll include the levels, since the ti83 game blockdude has the levels as well it still exists so i don't see a problem in it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys another update:

i've gotten approval of soleau software to use their levels of blockman ! pretty nice of them if u ask me. anyway it seems some of those levels use a few tricks which my game doesn't have, well i had them at first but i thought it couldn't be allawed so i removed them which means i'll have to do some more testing and reincorporate those tricks ! it's pretty nasty hehe, thank god i know the solutions to most of the levels otherwise i wouldn't have picked em up. So what i'm doing now is including those levels and making sure they are solveable as well ! like in the original blockman game. (Blockdude is actually a remake of blockman, it has the same levels & all, perhaps not the same game rules)

i'll keep u all posted :)

Hey great work! I have one question though. Is there going to be sound and music in the game? Sorry if you already said this in your previous posts but I was just wondering.

I can't wait to play this and if there is sounds or atleast music, it would be so awsome.

yup there is music atm there is just one music (mod) file made by donskeeto (thanks for that), More music is welcome by anyone. however u'll be able to play up to 25 music files of ure own liking either being mod or ogg music, u just place them in the music folder and it will pick the music up. just like with sokoban. the title music is being played everywhere in the game (level editor / menu's, level selector) when actually playing the game there'll be random number chosen for ure music u placed in that music directory. u can also change the music with the touch of the R button (=next music file). The L button will change to the next skin.

There are sound effects but only in the menu's, i'm not sure what kind of sound support i could add in the game itself except perhaps some walking /jumping / not being able to move sound (i'll try that out & see how it sounds) problem is finding those sound effects doh.

i think i already fixed those "neat" little trick stuff so all levels should be finishable now . I still have to redo the level design doh, cause i only used one similar floor tile to create the (later) levels. Will take some work I'm also going to test out every single level myself to make sure they are all solveable (i know the solutions ;)) and some more testing for bugs etc. It shouldn't take that long anymore before a release, could be next week already if all goes well !

update:
well i tried adding sound but it just woudln't sound so good so i decided no sound effects while playing, only music (which u can choose)

wow, i always thought that soleau was a nutjob because his dos shareware always had these ridiculously long nag screens. (i was a little kid and didn't have money to register stuff, so my only computer games were the couple dollar shareware disks and cds my dad would pick up for me at a store or whatever). so i'd get all german unreal kid (ok not really) whenever i saw the soleau logo.

but i guess he's a good dude after all :) anyway it's appreciated how much work you put into your puzzle games, lots of us are big puzzler fans, like me :D so thanks for that joyrider. i hope you're having fun making blockdude and i hope i get to play it soon!

Back