What Should The Pandora App Store Be Named?

I like

AppBox
PandorApps

How about

OpenBox
App Store --> it is the classical name that everyone likes.
I'm suggesting this because alot of Linux distros have ambigious and vivid names for Applications that do the same job but made by another bloke, so when you are trying a new distro it makes your head-fry trying to understand what that Application does. Or like the ka-billion different skins on an Android phone. When you get a new Android from different company, it takes you some time to adapt to it, and may make you miss some of the features from another skin. This is why I think Windows is much more successful than it should be because it has uniformity, MS knows people are always going to be scared to try new things.

I like "Appbox"... it helps to differentiate from other similar sounding services.

That being said I hope the name get decided one an for all by the team.

Just use the already mentioned Add/Remove programs. Keep the Pandora sterile and boring! ;)

MattF said:
"AppBox" would be my suggestion, if nobody's mentioned it.
I have, in both threads :D

If it wasn't for the facts that it reminds me of hardware more then software and it also indicates limited space, it would be my favorite too. It's my 2nd choice after AppSpace.

Last edited by a moderator:
torpor said:
"The Box", guys. Done. End of thread.
yawnee.gif

The very word 'app' comes close to making my ears bleed at times.

I would really appreciate something like 'The Box'

Anything to dissociate myself from the iPad toting mumbltyfucks that I know are going to start roaming the streets anytime soon.

Personally, I like dots.

Pandora.Download for the app store.
Pandora.Wiki for the wiki.
Pandora.Shop for the Pandora shop.
Pandora.Forum for the forum.

You get the idea. Dots are hip and cool and would make OP seem like they're down with all the youngsters.

I think the "The Box"/"Pandoras Box" idea is good. At least it's distinguishable from all the other AppStores.

For all the people who want to have "app" in the name, i suggest "appEnd" ;)

aesir911 said:
Pleng said:
Got it!

AppLand

yeah... that's not michael jackson creepy (neverland).

Um How on earth did you think of Michael Jackson and neverland (which, of course, was affiliated wiht P'Pan long before M'Jackson was around) before Santa Clause (LapLand)

Creepy stuff going on inside your mind, it would seem.

Back