What Should The Pandora App Store Be Named?

notyu1459

Still Fresh
Just for kicks:

What do you think would be a really cool name for the Pandora app store?

I have "OpenAppStore"

The Box
Pandorium
pndstr
Pappsto - wait, gruso said no...

Edit: thought of an even worse one - Pandstora

"Pandora's Box"
is kind of funny and so on, but not very practical. The first time you hear it, you think oh my f* god, this is so ingenius, the people who invented this name are so brilliant, I want to make children with them, etc.

After that it just gets annoying to explain what "Pandora's Box" is. You can't expect the consumer to spontaneously learn something. You will need to add a subtitle and the fun is gone.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Community Chest because It makes way for more jokes like it did with Pandoras Box ;)
In that case, why don't we go all out and call it Pandora's Chest?

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
The Open Pandora App Store

It's so simple :rolleyes:

This, or just the Pandora App Store.

It's foolish to name it anything else in my opinion, because that's what anyone who knows about it will call it anyway. The Android Marketplace is called the Android App Store probably half the time.

It's likely that the Pandora's app store will travel further than the Pandora hardware, as it will be a distribution mechanism for software that will work on an increasing number of devices (theoretically). So IMO, you might as well make sure "Pandora" is the featured part of the name of the store.

mali said:
"Pandora's Box"
is kind of funny and so on, but not very practical. The first time you hear it, you think oh my f* god, this is so ingenius, the people who invented this name are so brilliant, I want to make children with them, etc.

After that it just gets annoying to explain what "Pandora's Box" is. You can't expect the consumer to spontaneously learn something. You will need to add a subtitle and the fun is gone.
That applies to anything but "Pandora Application Store". Unless it also carries things that aren't Pandora applications.

But hey, the Pandora also has an unintuitive name – we already need to explain what it is to people who don't know about it. "OpenPandora Handheld Console/Ultraportable Computer" would have been a much better name by your metric.

As I expect the store to be referenced by the Pandora's online documentation I expect that users will learn very quickly what it is. If (later batches of) the Pandora comes with some kind of introductory application/setup wizard (which I really recommend), the app store will most likely be mentioned and explained in there so everyone concerned will know what it is.

Back