Pandoria

sswam

Advanced Member
Hi, I just registered the domain name pandoria.org.

I think Pandoria is a good name for the Pandora app store or a Pandora-themed site.

I put a little page there with a few pics and links for now.

Please let me know if you have some good ideas for what we could do with it, i.e. please reply.

My Pandora has shipped and should be coming soon... Excellent!!

Cheers, thanks and good luck to the Pandora Team.

This has been discussed so many times and I don't exactly think randomly adding letters to the name and then registering the domain is going to move things along. I see no issue with calling it market or app store or whatever it's called at the moment because that actually describes what it does. The name pandoria is in no way linked to downloading apps.

I registered the name because I like it. It sounds like the name of a country: Pandoria, land of Pandora; welcome to Pandoria, that sort of thing. Rather than a Pandora store or Pandora market, it's Pandora's realm! :) well, a good name for one at least.

It can be an independent Pandora domain, perhaps with apps, maybe a MMORPG or two?

Any help with this, ideas, etc. would be most welcome!

Not sure if my contact info is visible on the forums, anyway it's here: http://sam.ai.ki/contact.html

I registered the name because I like it. It sounds like the name of a country: Pandoria, land of Pandora; welcome to Pandoria, that sort of thing. Rather than a Pandora store or Pandora market, it's Pandora's realm! :) well, a good name for one at least.

It can be an independent Pandora domain, perhaps with apps, maybe a MMORPG or two?

Any help with this, ideas, etc. would be most welcome!

Not sure if my contact info is visible on the forums, anyway it's here: http://sam.ai.ki/contact.html
Agreed! Perhaps a Pandora news website with interviews, videos, a place to mirror downloads?

This has been discussed so many times and I don't exactly think randomly adding letters to the name and then registering the domain is going to move things along. I see no issue with calling it market or app store or whatever it's called at the moment because that actually describes what it does. The name pandoria is in no way linked to downloading apps.

iTunes?

Itunes existed years before the app store. Then apple attempted to make it the hub for all things idevice

I think he meant iTunes is a good example of adding a random letter! In fact it's the same letter, I hope Apple won't sue me.

I think you put the extraneous i in the wrong place.

I wonder if paindora.org is still available?

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will shut down this "pandoria" site, if anyone would like to take the domain please let me know.

I think I will shut down this "pandoria" site, if anyone would like to take the domain please let me know.
Don't shut it down, for big PNDs this is still the best option to download stuff in Asia. Download codeblocks from the repo, for example, takes forever, and is much faster on pandoria. I'm fine if you lose the domain name, but please keep the site active via IP or other subdomain :)

Back