What game or feature are you excited to try out on the Pyra?

Hey everyone! I had a great day spending it away with my grandparents, and to my surprise when I returned there has been 10 responses! Thank you so much for all your responses it gets me super hyped.

Do you guys think i should change the title to "What are you most excited about for the upcoming Pyra? (Games or Features)"
Well, I'm looking forward to using Pyra for drawing together with a Cintiq display/pen tablet. Running on Debian (or any other normal Linux dist) means it can potentially run Krita and should support the tablet (if not then I could compile the necessary driver).

Hey everyone! I had a great day spending it away with my grandparents, and to my surprise when I returned there has been 10 responses! Thank you so much for all your responses it gets me super hyped.

Do you guys think i should change the title to "What are you most excited about for the upcoming Pyra? (Games or Features)"
Well, I'm looking forward to using Pyra for drawing together with a Cintiq display/pen tablet. Running on Debian (or any other normal Linux dist) means it can potentially run Krita and should support the tablet (if not then I could compile the necessary driver).
If it's not game related:

I want to replace my 3GHz Intel core 2 duo with the Pyra.

Want to use it for everything.

Maybe not for some x86 games but everything else.

I want to replace my 3GHz Intel core 2 duo with the Pyra.
Will the Pyra be capable of runing at 3 GHz? That would be insane (in a good way)! f the Pyra can do that, I think it will replace everything for me too. I almost use my Pandora for all my gaming experiences. I don't even touch consoles anymore.

I'm mainly looking forward to to N64 and Dreamcast and to a small extent PSP emulation. I know it works on the GHz Pandora, but it will be nice to see how it does with more POWAH!

I'm hoping I will gain some motivation to code on the go as I can't seem to drum it up when at home (after being at work all day...)

Yeah for my it's about getting those all important L2/R2 buttons too :)

Oddworld games, so I can finally creep past that sleeping guard...

G-Police, because it's awesome and you really need all those buttons to just pilot your vehicle

I'm hoping that with these new screens, Oolite spacedust won't suddenly appear when the game freezes, or you stop. At the moment, it's nigh-on invisible as it wooshes past your windscreen on my Ghz's screen unless you decelerate to a halt or the game freezes momentarily (as it tends to do if you've a lot of OXPs installed).
Try setting the Pandora's Gamma setting to "Very Bright" before starting Oolite. The space dust wooshing past the screen is quite visible when I'm playing. :)

On Topic: I'd also have to say Oolite.. The additional gaming buttons will come in really handy there.
Very true. FWIW, I am setting gamma to 'very bright', but it doesn't make a lot of difference. I guess I have one of the inferior GHz screens or do you have the same, I forget?

Regarding the new nubs, it'd be good to get to play Super Geo Dust properly. I had to give up on my Pandora due to my R-nub getting screwy too often.

Yeah for my it's about getting those all important L2/R2 buttons too :)

Oddworld games, so I can finally creep past that sleeping guard...

G-Police, because it's awesome and you really need all those buttons to just pilot your vehicle
haha yeah I hear ya. Not having those R2 and L2 really can make things tricky.

Will the Pyra be capable of runing at 3 GHz? That would be insane (in a good way)! f the Pyra can do that,
Of course not :p The OMAP5 does not run at 3Ghz. It was a figure of speech, i.e. it will be able to do most things a laptop can do currently :p
Oh alright. I see. I guess I got a little too excited haha how fast will it be? I thought Ed said somewhere around 2 GHz.

Will the Pyra be capable of runing at 3 GHz? That would be insane (in a good way)! f the Pyra can do that,
Of course not :p The OMAP5 does not run at 3Ghz. It was a figure of speech, i.e. it will be able to do most things a laptop can do currently :p
Oh alright. I see. I guess I got a little too excited haha how fast will it be? I thought Ed said somewhere around 2 GHz.
http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/omap-applications-processors/omap-5-processors-products.page

Around their site I see it listed as "up to" both 1.5 and 1.7 GHZ.

http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/omap-applications-processors/omap-5-processors-products.page

Around their site I see it listed as "up to" both 1.5 and 1.7 GHZ.
Close enough :p

Yeah.  I am hoping that the default is around 1.7 and we can overclock to 2, maybe...

Was it ever stated how much RAM we should expect?

NVIDIA Shield got Half-Life 2 and Portal recently. It'd be awesome if we could find a way to run those on Pyra.

NVIDIA Shield got Half-Life 2 and Portal recently. It'd be awesome if we could find a way to run those on Pyra.
No sources for now, it's an exclusive release for Shield :(

Will be very difficult to have a native build on Pyra (or Pandora).

I heard other android devices have gotten the apk to work, but I believe they also had to be tegra equipped.

I heard other android devices have gotten the apk to work, but I believe they also had to be tegra equipped.
Yep, I read about that too...

I hope that some Win9x games may be playable (namely Interstate '76 and Outlaws), but I doubt it. Slipstream 5000 in DosBox or Qemu maybe, also Bleifuss (Screamer) should be full speed. For me it's mainly PC games.

Yeah.  I am hoping that the default is around 1.7 and we can overclock to 2, maybe...

Was it ever stated how much RAM we should expect?
I'm not completely sure what the final results are but in the announcement of the Pyra, Ed said he was aiming for 2 GB of ram because 512 MB just doesn't cut it anymore. I am not sure what the plans are now but I do know 2GB was the goal. Things could had changed in the last 6 months but i haven't heard much about it.

Back