What does the new case look like?

I'm still waiting for more colours to be released. B)

P1080975.JPG

I also think it would be awesome to have it in a darker silver... but within three tries, the company wasn't able to produce a sample with a proper color, so we didn't have a choice.
I remember that:

It was a sample with a slightly more silver black paint (bottom). Looked not that bad and was a nice compromise between pure silver and black. I wonder why this colour was not choosen.

Probably are, but are they are probably too expensive.
There are german Companies that also build their stuff in China for a fair price. Difference Is, that they have their own people there for QC that always make sure everything goes right. I've found some nice german (small batch/prototype) plastic molding companies a while ago. At least from reading on their Homepages, it sounded pretty good.

I also think it would be awesome to have it in a darker silver... but within three tries, the company wasn't able to produce a sample with a proper color, so we didn't have a choice.
I remember that:

It was a sample with a slightly more silver black paint (bottom). Looked not that bad and was a nice compromise between pure silver and black. I wonder why this colour was not choosen.

It's the same color, it looks nearly identical.

looks good! Its a huge relive. I usually dislike silver paint because it looks ceap but this does not ; )

EvilDragon said:
How about considering a German manufacture for the cases when the importent stuff is done? Would we need a new casting box? I know it will be more expensive but with all the problemes the Chinese company is causing it might be the best. Or you could still produce the ceap standard cases in China and sell the expensive German cases in different colours. Just the case of course! The costs for the casting box could be raised with kickstarter? same with special colour batches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it is answered already somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Will it be possible to upgrade my old Pandora to a new case + additional memory? If so, what will it cost?

looks good! Its a huge relive. I usually dislike silver paint because it looks ceap but this does not ; )

EvilDragon said:
How about considering a German manufacture for the cases when the importent stuff is done? Would we need a new casting box? I know it will be more expensive but with all the problemes the Chinese company is causing it might be the best. Or you could still produce the ceap standard cases in China and sell the expensive German cases in different colours. Just the case of course! The costs for the casting box could be raised with kickstarter? same with special colour batches.

It would take about 6 - 7 months and cost about 300 - 600K EUR. The mold would've to be redone completely...

Not possible with Pandora 1, but we're planning to do the Pandora 2 case in Europe (Craig has a good company at hand, we used them for the iCP).

Maybe it is answered already somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Will it be possible to upgrade my old Pandora to a new case + additional memory? If so, what will it cost?

Yes, I'll add that as well during the next few days into the shop.

Yes, I'll add that as well during the next few days into the shop.

Nice, will have to send my Pandora for LCD cable repair anyway. Might as well upgrade it too :)

Back