Height Of The Display On The Pandora

R

RedBaron

Out Of Curiosity what is the height of the display on the Pandora?

It's 4.3" diagonally with an aspect ratio of 5:3.

That makes it about 2.25" tall, confirmed with a measurement of my 605

Wow, a whole thread for a answer that can easily be found. I mean. It probably takes less time to search and find the answer then to start and write a new thread asking about it...

are you sure it is 2.25" I think it is 2.1" the same height as a 3.5" 4:3 ratio screen

why does it matter? you can see how big it is just by looking at the vids.
it's not like you've even ordered one anyway.

My point is that the wide screen is only useful for movies not games a 4.2" 3:4 ratio screen would be a better choice, and I will be order a Pandora

RedBaron said:
My point is that the wide screen is only useful for movies not games a 4.2" 3:4 ratio screen would be a better choice, and I will be order a Pandora
one day

Last edited by a moderator:
RedBaron said:
RedBaron said:
one day

Now why would you say that?
Are you trolling?

So you are nitpicking a crucial design point the week it's set to go into full production. It's not wide but taller than most screen. That gives it a vertical resolution of 480, perfect for most emulated systems which were around 640x480. Also enough room for a 720x480 DVD. On top of that it's an amazing screen, I assume cheapish for it's quality because of it's popularity, and fits the design of the Pandora very well.

RedBaron, you should design your own system.

RedBaron has ALREADY started this argument about the LCD in recent weeks!
Find a new part to gripe about..

Bah, the wide screen is awesome - for new games. From a developers perspective I'd prefer to have the wide screen than not ..

torpor said:
Bah, the wide screen is awesome - for new games.
+1

And for all those millions of uses apart from gaming.

torpor said:
Bah, the wide screen is awesome - for new games. From a developers perspective I'd prefer to have the wide screen than not ..
Agreed, for any sort of 3d games you want an aspect ratio that approximates the shape of human field of vision. Widescreen does this better than 4:3. (Which is why they use it for movies in the first place.)

besides, what's wrong with running games in 4:3 mode in... 4:3 mode? tbh, i don't think I've seen any recent displays that are 4:3 (that's not to say they aren't making them or they don't exist, just that they're not very common anymore)

I don't remember what model it is, (and Newegg doesn't sell it any more) but my monitor is 4:3. Gotta love me some 2560 x 2048.

Getting used to widescreen is going to be REALLY difficult.

Wolenber said:
I don't remember what model it is, (and Newegg doesn't sell it any more) but my monitor is 4:3. Gotta love me some 2560 x 2048.

Getting used to widescreen is going to be REALLY difficult.
imho widescreen is much more aesthetically pleasing, probably something to do with them being close to the golden ratio, shouldn't be too bad ;]

Back