What Do You Plan To Put On Your Pandora's Memory Card?

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
I'm going to put these on the 16BG SDHC card I plan to purchase :)D).
  • 4GB: Wikipedia & search index
  • 1-2 GB: Music
  • 2-4 GB: Movies & videos
  • 1-2 GB: Offline web sites
  • Rest: Games, software, and ROMs
How about you?

I'm not sure I will be able to afford a Pandora, let alone a 16gb SDHC, but what I am sure of is that nobody is sure exactly what will be available for the Pandora. I hope there will be a way to use the complete library of GP2X software, the rest is gravy. Amiga would be great, I'm not too familiar with the Amiga but if the Pandora had good Amiga support, that would be all the incentive I need to bother learning more about the Amiga.

Oh yeah, also a Python interpreter.

Probably fairly close to what I've got on my 2x cards, with the notable addition of some office apps (if they aren't on the internal memory), and some PSX games (Breath of Fire 3/4 probably being my starting games, and maybe the psx version of MotoRacer).

Lots more Amiga/ST/Dos stuff, though - I've avoided playing a lot of stuff for all machines on the 2x due to the need to emulate a keyboard. But on the Pandora, there's no such need :D.

Oh, and definitely some variant of Quake, though whether I'll be playing 1, 2, or 3 mostly depends on how big each generation was and how much space is left over.

GLTron, if it gets ported. GemRB *when* it gets ported (I'd LOVE mobile Torment).

And some movies :).

Probably on an 8gb SDHC, although I might just get a couple of 4gb ones (7dayshop.co.uk still has silly prices on anything but the ultra-high end cards, so it's really a matter of whether £(8gb) is simply £(2*4gb) or not...

I've been playing with PortableApps on USB sticks, and have been thinking that they could be useful on the Pandora, especially if you also had Linux/ARM equivalents of the apps installed. Carry all your document with you, edit them on the small screen anywhere, or on the big screen if you're near any PC.

If you could integrate it with TrueCrypt in traveller mode, and you could minimize any potential problems of carrying important stuff with you, and as an added bonus, hide all your pr0n! (assuming TrueCrypt will run on Pandora)

I would also want every version of Street Fighter that the Pandora is capable of running (I do like gaming too) plus loads of MP3s and XviDs.

Transport Tycoon Deluxe, and Decent are two games that the GP2X just can't do right. I'm definitely looking forward to them being ported to the Pandora.
SCUMMVM and associated games will definitely also make it onto my Pandora as my GP2X is not the touch screen version.
Probably also Star Control II/Urquan masters. Though the GP2X does this quite well.
Flobopyuo or however you spell it. It's kinda addictive.
Doom or Quake just because it's required.
Oh and Heretic II as pictured here. This is probably just an example screen but it WAS ported to x86 linux so there may yet be hope. Yes? Please? Hint Hint!

Otherwise I'll want a tabbed web browser (firefox3?) and IM client (pidgin?). Good for using in bed, or while I have a full screen game running on my pc. 'cause my mobile phone really can't cut it there. :p
A python editor/debugger and libraries eventually too. Perhaps even the Wingware IDE if it will compile there.
I was going to buy an eeePC, but I'm definitely waiting for a Pandora now. It beats the eeePC in 10 to 1 for me.

SNES games.

The GP2X just can't hack it when it comes to SNES emulation.

This topic could be Pandora's slogan "What's in your box?" :)

edit: In response to Chip's statement, don't buy A-Data, they are shit.

Movies, fo' sure. Revision3 is a first target for me: I have my own custom script that once downloaded and re-encoded their videos automatically for my Palm Zire 71.
An SSH client, maybe VNC if I'm lucky.
A good set of games, homebrew and emulated.

After that it's about how much of a desktop can this become: Pidgin? Firefox? (Compiz? ;) )

2GB of DOS Games (Doom, Heretic, Fire and Ice, Loom, Blood, Duke Nukem, ROTT, Strife, MDK, Jazz Jackrabbit, Alien Carnage, etc.)
600MB of GBA Games (Boktai, Metroid Zero Mission, Megaman Zero, Astro Boy, etc.)
512MB of Industrial Music (Feindflug, Funker Vogt, Fusspils 11, etc.)
200MB of Genesis Games (Sonic, Splatterhouse, Vectorman, Ristar, etc.)
5MB of GameGear Games (Tail's Adventure, Tail's Sky Patrol, Mean Bean Machine, etc.)
512MB of N64 Games (Conker's Bad Fur Day, LoZ Majora's Mask, Banjo Kazooie, Tonic Trouble, etc.)
256MB of SNES Games (Axelay, Front Mission, Metal Warriors, Demon's Crest, Earthbound, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia, Cybernator, Seiken Densetsu, etc.)

And the rest is for homebrew, and maybe some games that I have yet to discover (I have never tried MAME before, so maybe that will be interesting).

Lets see, I'll have to re-rip my CD collection which is like 10GB(Oh how I hate ripping my CD collection.)
Ill have about 10GB of games.
Then maybe Studio Ghibli movies, no idea how much space that will take.

Back