What Do You Plan To Put On Your Pandora's Memory Card?

Stewie2280 said:
Im gonna buy 2x16GB SD cards off eBay
Seriously, don't do that. Manyfold are the poor souls who thought they'd done a deal on eBay, only to find out they were sold a 16 MB card for a 16 GB one, and unless you live right next door to the seller (which kinda negates the advantage of eBay) there's absolutely nothing you can do that will get you your money back.

Go buy a card in the shop. It won't be that much more expensive and you'll have a place to go yell at someone if your card turns out a booyum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobriand said:
To those of you planning on putting entire libraries of games on the console: How do you plan to eliminate the dirth of plenty?

By which I mean, the situation where you have so much available to you that either you choose one game and play that (the name stands out or something), or you play no game for more than 5 minutes and get bored of gaming itself very quickly. And of course, have nothing new to put on the card ever.

Personally, I tend to think anything over 30 games to a system is asking for trouble - that way, you've nearly always got the ability to go back to the library and take out more, as it were, once you're bored with or have finished your previous selection.
Yeah I have thought about that myself before, depending on the system I try and pick 50-100 titles i really like and for others i havent tried that much i will put aload on jot down which ones i really want and not just thats ok, otherwise like you say you have too much choice and end up not playing much, just like Sky tv for example...too many channels and i sometimes end up switching off because i cant decide!

BSOD Emulator/Screensaver W/ Keystroke protection to freakout anyone who trys to use my Pandora

Emulators-
Snes
Genisis
GBA
N64 (Hopefully)
Roms for all

Apps-
Advanced/Graphing Calculator App
Word Editor
Animation Studio utilizing touch screen (kinda like a flip book or Flash)
Synths
Wave Editors (Like Nero Has)

Media-
Music Files
Movie Files

Karel Jansens said:
Seriously, don't do that. Manyfold are the poor souls who thought they'd done a deal on eBay, only to find out they were sold a 16 MB card for a 16 GB one
I've got a 1GB card with a 2GB label sitting next to me. I use it, but I definitely won't buy from eBay again. Listen to Karel; he knows what he's talking about!

NeoGeo games.
Megadrive games.
Arcade games.
PS1 games.
PC games as possible (I'm looking about Duke 3D and Blood using DOSBox, and possibly Quake).
IM, VoIP and IRC soft.
Light text editor, like Abyword.
Graphic calculator.
MP3 and movies.

Tobriand said:
To those of you planning on putting entire libraries of games on the console: How do you plan to eliminate the dirth of plenty?

By which I mean, the situation where you have so much available to you that either you choose one game and play that (the name stands out or something), or you play no game for more than 5 minutes and get bored of gaming itself very quickly. And of course, have nothing new to put on the card ever.

Personally, I tend to think anything over 30 games to a system is asking for trouble - that way, you've nearly always got the ability to go back to the library and take out more, as it were, once you're bored with or have finished your previous selection.
I'll only put my favorite games for each system which isn't much. Luckily I'm more of an arcade fan so I'll mostly be playing MAME, FBA, Neo Geo emulators and hopefully some new ones. For some reason, playing an arcade game you've beaten over and over doesn't get boring. I think it's the competition of trying to get the highest score or beating the game without dying.

NES, SNES, GBA, PS1, Mega Drive, Master System, MAME, etcetc
A lot of Kyattou Ninden Teyandee episodes or all of them depending on my memory card size
IRC program (irssi in other words)
mp3s
web browser
ssh so that i can remotely access my linux box <3

Back