What Do We Actually Need A Pandora For?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need pandora.
The **ich was born in heads of gp2x resellers when they smelled that reselling and supporting GP2X'ies are not feeding them enogh. So they created a pair of topics where some losers cried in their shoulders about problems of gp32 and gp2x... just a combination of exploiting technical and sexual fantasies of nerds ...

Recently I bought Eee 701 + bunch of USB gaming devices. And it launches almost evrything I'm playing (with neat control scheme). Also nice fullspeed PSX emulation :p

I on last "semester" in my university and I hope there will be a Wiz to write games for after I graduate :-|

My Gp2x is collecting dust for months after I placed it inside my Mame\Dos gaming cabinet

I purchased a GP2X about a month before GPH abruptly announced the demise.

I'm glad I did.

I want the Pandora to take the place of my iphone.
And more. Only issue is no Internet outside wifi zone. I'm hoping to tether to a phone via blue tooth for net access. Maybe that's not probable. Smart people here will point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Link

You complain about people splintering the community but intentionally egg people on?
Wow, congratulations, you have far surpassed any of the 'rabid fanboys' you talk about, at least in the 'cunt' department

quasist said:
We don't need pandora.
The **ich was born in heads of gp2x resellers when they smelled that reselling and supporting GP2X'ies are not feeding them enogh. So they created a pair of topics where some losers cried in their shoulders about problems of gp32 and gp2x... just a combination of exploiting technical and sexual fantasies of nerds ...

so they made the handheld that all of us want- i fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont trust craig with his "15+ hours" or other bits of wishful thinking he kind of throws in there from time to time. still, pandora battery life should definitely be good and better than either gp2x or wiz though wiz shouldn't be too bad.

as far as community goes it would seem that those who were fairly happy with gp2x would go for wiz while those who couldn't get past things like control and battery life and have a negative view of gph would go for pandora. most new to the scene seem to be going nuts over pandora and think its a completely new idea.

I actually am excited about both pandora and wiz. both will give those that think hacked psps are the only homebrew route something else to think about and further open linux devices in general further. having 2 open handheld devices gives people a choice depending on their budget and desired features.

maxSteiner said:
but its a start up company without a product to show, which is demanding bank orders as the only payment... I'm not doubting the integrity of the Pandora team, I'm just saying, that is not the sign of a successful project.

I think they would rather people with this POV to hold back for future batches, or to wait until they're readily available.

It's people expecting one in 3 weeks pronto from the pre-order time that got frustrated and vented on the forums.

maxSteiner said:
PoisonedV said:
at least in the 'cunt' department
Pot calling the kettle black perhaps?

of course I'm an asshole. doesn't mean i can't call other people out on it.

I suppose you're right, takes one to know one and all that.
Quite enlightening that both of us have well known assholes as our Avatar pics as well :D

Yay!...Flame wars starting! *eats popcorn*

Seriously though, this is an opinionated topic that really shouldn't have been started. You obviously knew what was going to come out of it. I'm all for the Wiz and want one when it's released. I also want a Pandora, but that's going to wait cause of price or the fact the Wiz will do what I want. However I want a Pandora for Amiga and DOSBox with a real keyboard. That is my opinion though. You might not "need" a Pandora, but some feel they do. Everyone wants something different. Now I don't know how your trolling is on the Pandora forum because I don't go there anymore. The speculation and everything has been getting quite old. God knows how many crazy topics are going on over in that section that were just started today, but that shows how many are really interested in the Pandora. Sometimes it's just better to keep opinions to yourself. The problem with opinion is that everyone's opinion is "right" Well to them anyways. Just enjoy what you have or want and let everyone else to the same.

The title was strange and the Topic was a nice discusion about who fills they need a Pandora and who don't so why do You think it shouldn't have been started one persone even wrote that even the Wiz is too powerful for him and that the GP2X is just good and fits his needs and the title really sounds agressive but the topic isn't :) :) And in my opinion everybody now that everyone need something else to be satisfied

peelie said:
two words - 'battery life' :)

i don't think i have used the battery in my gp2X for over a year now; i always use the power adapter when i use the device in classes.

with the pandora that will mean one less set of wires to carry with me :)

I want to know the size of Pandora box .How small ?

:) I want to know the size of Pandora box. How small ?

It will be interesting to see what the new systems are like in real life and if all the emulators can run full speed with no frame skip. The GP2x is a nice machine but battery life is quite bad and quite a few emulators need the GP2x to be overclocked to get good results, which isn't helpful to battery performance!

RajTakhar said:
I think perhaps, having chosen the Wiz over the Pandora - you may become a un-happy motherfunker!
Same for you for chosing pissdora over Wize

quasist said:
RajTakhar said:
I think perhaps, having chosen the Wiz over the Pandora - you may become a un-happy motherfunker!

LOL pissdora.
Quasist, you're a card! Truly the greatest treasure of both Gp32x, and more importantly, the pandora section.

quasist said:
RajTakhar said:

Why the name change for the Pandora? Do you think that since both handhelds are going to be part of the same general community, they should both have urine-themed names? Wiz and Pissdora, two great tastes that taste great together... if you like electronics and golden showers.

Ravnos said:
quasist said:
RajTakhar said:

Why the name change for the Pandora? Do you think that since both handhelds are going to be part of the same general community, they should both have urine-themed names? Wiz and Pissdora, two great tastes that taste great together... if you like electronics and golden showers.

Holy shit.

I just noticed why the WiZ is called the WiZ!

Wii. WiZ. Holy shit.

It's the urine, kids.

(naw)mcx posted on Feb 4 2009 at 08:07 PM said:
Holy shit.

Wii. WiZ. Holy shit.

It's the urine, kids.

Yeah. English is a language of filthy dogs.

quasist said:
(naw)mcx posted on Feb 4 2009 at 08:07 PM said:
Holy shit.

Wii. WiZ. Holy shit.

It's the urine, kids.
Yeah. English is a language of filthy dogs.

Ah, no wonder it's in Russia's standard curriculum.

Ravnos said:
quasist said:
RajTakhar said:

wow. great post. I mean who doesn't like electronics and golden showers these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back