What CPU would you like to see?

This should be a poll?

Not unless you have a list of all even remotely applicable or otherwise interesting ARM based processors that will be getting released inside the next 12 months.

Note - this thread is trying to give us something to talk about -other- than card types.

The Samsung note 2 will contain a quadcore cpu, Exynos 4 quad version clocked at 1.4+ ghz, according to the latest rumors.

That 4 cpu cores, and 4 gpu cores (mali)

By 2013 the Exynos 5 is probably going to be availble with at least 4 cores, so maybe more, and clocked at 1.7 ghz.

But even better are the following Armv7~8:

Wayne

• Processor: Quad ARM Cortex-A15 MPCore + low power companion core
  • Improved 24 (for the quad-core) and 32 to 64 (for the octa-core) GPU cores with support for Directx 11+, OpenGL 4.X, and PhysX
  • 28 nm HPL[31]
  • About 10 times faster than Tegra 2
  • To be released in Q1 2013

Logan

• Processor: Quad ARM Cortex-A15 MPCore + low power companion core
  • Improved GPU core
  • 28 nm[31]
  • About 50 times faster than Tegra 2
  • To be released in 2013

Stark

• Processor: Unknown ARMv8 (64-bit)
  • Improved GPU core
  • About 75 times faster than Tegra 2[32]
  • To be released in 2014

My vote goes to the Tegra

The fact that it supports multiple 3D drivers sounds interesting to me (Geforce).

Maybe wait til early 2014 to really make the P2 a heavy hitter?

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell is this topic? there's no poll for such a question?!? how can we express ourselves...

I'm thinking that if Intel's new tiny Atom cpus (which have already been used in android phones) could get good enough, they would rock in a Pandora.

I'm thinking that if Intel's new tiny Atom cpus (which have already been used in android phones) could get good enough, they would rock in a Pandora.

I hope you're wearing your flame resistant undies.

Back