• DaveC's Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DaveC's Dpad

• I made my own.

• Total voters

berighteous said:
that dpad looks cool. What's the mod cost? The joystick on the gp2x just seems really weak. I'm getting my new, new, new gp2x tomorrow, I hope 3rd time is a charm. The last two were both defective. grrr. The last one had a broken joystick. (broken in shipping?)

would love to know how to make or buy this myself too.. would MUCH prefer a dpad to a cap. but cant seem to work out the logistics of how it would work. guess it involved replacing the actual hardware under the case that deals with the controller

Last edited by a moderator:
Photo of my previous mod on sig. Worked great while I had an MK1 GP2x as it was awful to use the stock stick and have little directional control with the stick. I find the MK2 better, so tend to stay with this one.

Not played the GP2x for a while now, been working on the GBA mod (see sig - now completed!)

If we can output with far better composite than we have now, or better still, RGB on 640x480, I will do a mod like on my sig for the GP2x and post it!!

Does anybody have a link to instructions on the d-pad mod? Is it a much more complicated than just swapping out the stick with an nGage QD pad?

I have some moderate skills/experience with electronics and even gamepad mods in the past so if it doesn't look too complicated, I might give it a try myself. I have a couple of old nGage QD's lying around so I already have a doner pad.

Just to confirm, the d-pad mod is no longer offered by DaveC or Evil Dragon right?

Thanks

thefunkygibbon said:
lubidog said:
The dpad mod is wonderful! I love mine!

how did you get/make yours?

Dunno how I missed this but I sent it to ED a few months ago.

Shifty said:
Hey, just wondering if anyone has tried this cap right here. Is it any better than the standard MK 2 one?

That IS the standard MKII cap ... I ordered 2 of them. :)

I'm using a RetroCon Ps2 pad analog stcik cap. I lost my MK2 cap so I use this instead, it does the job but I really need DaveC's dpad cap. Damn you center push!

Back