What Are You Playing?

I just started

legend of zelda link to the past (snes) this might take me a while

Mario vs Donkey Kong (GPSP I finally got it running right)

I also just modded my wii so the Pandora games only get minimal love at the moment :(

I'm giving wordwarvi a lot of love on the trains, but I also installed Homeworld and need to get into it some more, so I'm switching between the two for my fun these days ..

Finished Mega Man X 1-3 (SNES), Street Fighter II new challengers (SNES) and Zelda aLttP (SNES), halfway through Kirby (NES) and a couple of levels in Donkey Kong (GB) still left.

Powder - Lots of it. I can tell I'm a bit addicted to this. Alas loading savegames does not work and the game won't unmount properly after quitting.

Contra III/Super Probotector (SNES)

Vagrant Story (PS)

Frogatto - My girlfriend likes it a lot

Duke3D

I also started trying out a few Amiga games, first here is Dreamweb.

Super Mario War (Homebrew)

Goldenaxe Warrior (Sega Master System, amazing Zelda-clone btw check it out if you've never played it)

Chex Quest (DoomRunner)

I'm still playing through Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes (I'm close to the end now, though), and I'm also currently playing Rockman Mega World (the Japanese version of Mega Man - The Wily Wars).

Many thanks to notaz for PicoDrive's support for Serial EEPROM saving; Mega Man - The Wily Wars uses this (a great many games use battery-backed SRAM instead), and it's often a pain to play under emulation as a result of this. Thankfully that's not so here, so thanks, notaz!
grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if he didn't allow support for it, there's a patch on ROMHacking.net to make the game use standard SRAM saving.

^ Indeed, but that patch is only for the European release of the game - I own the Japanese one, for which there is unfortunately no such patch. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe she just pwned you, nooby. SHAZAM!

I'm playing Front Mission 3 still, but rearmed keeps crashing on me :(

^ If it's crashing at random, try reducing how much you've overclocked it (if you have done so at all) - PCSX-ReARMed uses NEON, which isn't massively overclocking friendly (i.e., you have to overclock less with such apps).

Bugger, overclocking really improved the framerate in fm3

Bugger, overclocking really improved the framerate in fm3

As Prometheus said, don't stop overclocking, just find the right speed. It's possible that it will play even more smoothly with slightly less overclocking (sounds counterintuitive, I know), and at the least it probably won't crash.

Back