What About The Boards?

VRAndy

Before the latest cases were deemed unfit, there were plans for the first 1,000 to go out before Christmas?

Allowing time for assembly, packaging, etc, the boards must be due by now? Are there photos of a thousand Pandora boards laying about waiting for cases? Any word?

It is very difficult to get factories to send photos. They are not used to such requests and sometimes it seems unprofessional to them.

If anything it is absolutely outlawed to take cameras on to the factory floor. Look at some of the scandal with photos of apple PCBs/Cases sneaking out.

But yes, the boards are waiting for cases, we will just continue with the other 3000 now WHILE Michael starts review number 2.

craigix said:
we will just continue with the other 3000 now which Michael starts review number 2.

This confuses me

Last edited by a moderator:
swap which for while (or whilst?) i dont know

and by review, they mean review of the new cases

Alec  said:
dschroeter said:
craigix said:
we will just continue with the other 3000 now which Michael starts review number 2.

This confuses me
+1. What? The 3000 other boards will start being made while Michael reviews case revision number 2? Thats what I got out of it, but still not clear.

craigix said:
It is very difficult to get factories to send photos. They are not used to such requests and sometimes it seems unprofessional to them.

If anything it is absolutely outlawed to take cameras on to the factory floor. Look at some of the scandal with photos of apple PCBs/Cases sneaking out.

But yes, the boards are waiting for cases, we will just continue with the other 3000 now WHILE Michael starts review number 2.
Oh. Awesome. Thanks for the update.

dschroeter said:
This confuses me
Easy. He means that out of a total of 4000 boards, 1000 are finished and they will begin work on the remaining 3000. Meanwhile, the 1000 boards cannot be used yet because the cases are unfinished and waiting for Michael's (MWeston's?) review after having failed their first review.

I think Craig meant "while Michael", not "which Michael".

craigix said:

so the cases arrived at mweston already on saturday?

ZoxFox said:
craigix said:

so the cases arrived at mweston already on saturday?

i bet not. this would certainly have been posted.

i think there are two things:

a) the board job needs to be finished. 4000 ordered, only 1000 sequenced-into-production, so its a GREEN light on this.

and

B) the cases are going through a SECOND REVISION so it will get sequenced-into-production at the factory soon'ish, but there is a possibility to just say 'enough is enough, we'll take these cases now with the tweaks" and let us roll with it. If you have 4000 to make because 4000 are sold, let the first 4000 have the 'uniqueness' of having maybe a few cute flaws, yet.

Who *cares* about 4000. Be prepared to make 25,000!!!

torpor said:
Who *cares* about 4000. Be prepared to make 25,000!!!
Ok, I let this pass as you opinion, but personally I wouldn't want to open up a can of those worms again ;)

So if only a 1000 boards are finished how long will it take to do the other 3000? I thought all the boards where supposed to be finished by now and that the 1000 figure was just for the amount of cases the chinese could do before christmas if the case would of been right? that's what i thought anyway. I've probably got my wires crossed but i thought i'd ask :)

Back