Wondering About A Form-Fitting Leather Case For Pandora

cobaltage

I saw this post on Pocketables about PDair's leather cases for UMPCs:
http://www.pocketables.net/2010/03/great-cases-and-accessories-from-pdair-for-most-popular-handhelds.html

I kind of like the design and protection value. I was wondering whether there were any plans or previous thoughts about this sort of leather case for Pandora, or trying to get a case manufacturer to make one for Pandora, and if a case like this would interfere with the operation of the Pandora (like the triggers, etc). If there were sufficient interest, it might be possible to approach a company like PDair to see if they're interested and to get a price. (I can't imagine there are so many orders for Fujitsu UH900 cases, and yet they run about $55, which isn't so bad, considering.)

sehs33 said:
If I am not mistaken, I have one for PDair my HTC Magician and it adds A LOT of bulk to it...

That's true of leather cases, but they provide a lot of protection. Because they used to be the skin of an animal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very similar to the official leather cases for the ds, got one for my dsi-xl the other day too. I'd be certainly interested in a case similar to this. It's great, just flip and go. Stops your case from getting scratched to shit. I know a hard case with a zip on gives better protection but these are real handy round the house and you dont have to get it out and then put it back in every time.

DaMummy said:
but how many of those are actual leather?

There are a number of case companies that specialize in leather, including Noreve and I think Mistic Audio. I think the issue is not so much with whether the leather is real, but the quality of the design and the stitching. Noreve USA just closed down, though.

puppydee said:
Looks very similar to the official leather cases for the ds, got one for my dsi-xl the other day too. I'd be certainly interested in a case similar to this. It's great, just flip and go. Stops your case from getting scratched to shit. I know a hard case with a zip on gives better protection but these are real handy round the house and you dont have to get it out and then put it back in every time.

I have a leather case for my Cowon D2, and it looks like new. I've been using a plastic case for my iPhone, and it has hairline cracks and looks awful. Leather cases are great because you don't have to take them off most of the time. PDair's cases have magnetic enclosures, probably to prevent scratches from something like a zipper or a snap.

Make that four of us lol :) I would love to have a leather case for my :pandora2ut4: I have one for my E63 and although it does add a little bulk I think its a good trade off to keep it scratch free n looking great and until very recently I still had my screen protector film still attached :p Anally retentive??? Yes I guess I am lol

Beholder said:
What ever happened to Rob Halford anyway?

Got back with Judas Priest, made a few albums.

See? Form fitting leather works well enough to preserve Rob Halford, so it must be a good idea.

I'll send an email to PDair to find out what if they're interested, what sorts of numbers they require to make a case, etc.

cobaltage said:
See? Form fitting leather works well enough to preserve Rob Halford, so it must be a good idea.

I'll send an email to PDair to find out what if they're interested, what sorts of numbers they require to make a case, etc.

Haha! Awesome! :p

Back