The Cases And The Boards

x68000 said:
kingoddball said:
Why should any of us just 'chill out'?
We have waiting patiently for a very long time, handed over large amounts of cash in good faith.
We now hear nothing about boards, random fixes with cases, other issues not working right (I don't mind the wifi) and with all the other delays...

It's just not cool, dude..
This is all positive in my view after a frustrating 18 months. I'm pleased you didn't get a preorder back in '08 or you may be ready to take away by now :p

+1 to the positive outlook. I preordered on that fateful day back in September '08, and I can honestly say that the only time I considered cancelling was during the credit card refund fiasco. But I thought "what the hell, it's only 250 quid" and it's cash I can say goodbye to if it comes to that. If it doesn't, then I have a new toy to look forward to :)

Things are accelerating now, by the looks of it - not that we've not been here before, but I have a pretty good feeling that this is really "it". The WiFi issue is a non-issue for me, as I'll be using the Pandora for games and transfer stuff to it via USB. That said, I'm not too keen on receiving a defective unit, but meh - I'll live with it.

It is pretty funny seeing all the people - who ordered in the last few months after the initial publicity surrounding the dev units hit the web - tearing their hair out and demanding progress reports. After I last butted heads with Craig I've learnt to develop a more relaxed attitude to this thing.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
shunun said:
mali said:
B0002MB7QW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
THE STATUE ISN'T THAT BIG, GET OVER IT AMERICA!
umm... have you seen it? I have, and it is actually pretty big... and from where it's at in in respect to new york city in that picture.... and the level of the snow in the picture and compared to the snow level in the backround of the picture.... I'd say it's pretty accurate ratio... it's just drawn from up close and from a different angle than most are used to. That's why she looks so monstrous.

If you don't like it, call FOX and tell them you are offended by your believed misrepresentation of the size of the statue of liberty, and you believe it should be much smaller... then they will send a group of large rednecks that will come to your house and repeatedly punch you in the testicles for saying such a thing about their beloved country.
new-york-statue-of-liberty-new-york-city-nyc005.jpg

7920095b15d.jpg

aerial-statue-of-liberty-l.jpg

as always I'm extremely unbiased on my opinion, but you seemed angered and wrong about what you were angry about... had to point it out.

Attachments

• B0002MB7QW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B0002MB7QW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 89
WizardStan said:
svs-57 said:
Why we havn't any information about current status of OP production?
Because you haven't been paying attention, because we do have information. A lot of information. We don't have ALL the information, but I don't think we need it.
The cases were delayed, again, while the manufacturer switches to a new machine that should give better results. It was only supposed to be a two day delay, so they should be shipping by now. We shall see what becomes of that in the next few days.
WiFi is turning out to be a bit more of a stumbling block than originally anticipated. The boards have temporarily halted production while they try to establish exactly what can be done about it. They expect the first thousand will still be shipped in the next couple weeks, but after that may be delayed. We don't know and I doubt OP knows either, until it can be established if the wifi problem is hardware or software.

That's what we know. What more could you need?
First of all thanks for information. It is not official but better then nothing.
Where are you get it?
There is no new on developers blog, no on developers twitters, no on official status page...
I have no time to read all forums messages.
Can somebody tell me why rest 3000 cases doesn't ordered?

mali said:
^ You can find the latest info by clicking on 'Latest Info' in my sig ;)
There is no any usefull information here. Keep your joke with youself

^ I'll ask a MOD to remove the recent off topic posts in that thread. Try the page before the last one. The important parts are marked red.

svs-57 said:
First of all thanks for information. It is not official but better then nothing.
Where are you get it?
There is no new on developers blog, no on developers twitters, no on official status page...
I have no time to read all forums messages.
Can somebody tell me why rest 3000 cases doesn't ordered?
The official blog is their voice to the world. They need to word things just right, especially bad news. You know, because they are a company and want to be able to keep doing this in the future, they need to be sure their official face looks as good as possible. That's why they only periodically post collections of updates. It's like a press release from Nintendo. The forum is where they post extra information, only because it's less visible. If the likes of Engadget were reading the forums and taking what was said as official, I would bet we wouldn't see nearly as much information as we have been. This is where the mess goes, where they talk about problems and triumphs and share with "the in group" as it were, the ones who have a stake in the Pandora of more than just money.
You say you don't have time to read the forums, but seem to suggest they should have the time to update the blog everyday? That's not nice. :(
All ten thousand cases have been ordered. Who said they haven't? Who said anything about 3000? The reason they only want 1000 cases first is because they want to be sure the finish is as good a quality as the factory keeps promising it will be. If they get ten thousand cases and find out the finish sucks, they are out those 10000 and will need to order more or ship with crappy cases. If the first 1000 suck, the are only out 1000 while they make it better.

I didn't write about everyday update blog.
Look at last message:
No post today...
Friday, 26 March 2010 20:29 EvilDragon

5 days pass but nobody have 5 minutes to update.
The official blog is their voice to the world?
Whole world laugh at us.
When I tell about OP everybody answer that we like see pictures and video.
They only feed with promises.

You might find the unofficial blog to be useful:
http://pandorapress.net/
In particular, for your question, these posts:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52711-is-everything-on-track-for-early-april-production/page__st__315__p__833752&#entry833752

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52680-ok-its-the-26th-can-we-have-an-update/page__st__90__p__834044&#entry834044

He's still waiting and discussing with the other devs before making a blog post, because as WizardStan says, it's their official voice, and they want to phrase things properly, not to mention have a full course of action planned.

mali said:
^ I'll ask a MOD to remove the recent off topic posts in that thread. Try the page before the last one. The important parts are marked red.

My apologies for leading the thread astray - I had limited time and thought that would likely be the quickest route to letting Gruso et al know of the problem :(

Back