What About A New Video?

cuetzpalin

It would be really nice if MWeston could upload a new video of the final Pandora incarnation, with the painted cases and everything running.

Just so we have something to stare at while waiting for our Pandora to arrive.

:pandora2ut4:
:rolleyes:

Gruso said:
One set of Pandora components laid out on a table would be a very nice touch.
A couple guys in the background assembling Pandoras might add a bit of ambience, as well. ;)
It would probably make the forums go down, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
When the cases arrive you won't believe the storm of media which will hit you :)
And the server load. I hope ED has a plan in order. With a single point of failure for so many sites... things can go badly if they all go down.

Why did you sign your post with your name, Trooper? We all know its you...

I'd like a video of the Panzer running a web-browser. :D I wanna see how well that works.

Namo said:

Not true, sometimes I browse the forum on my iPhone. In portrait the text is too small if you leave it zoomed out so I zoom in to just the text which cuts out the avatar and all the stuff on the left. You can't tell who's saying what unless they have a distinctive signature.

BackAssward said:
craigix said:
When the cases arrive you won't believe the storm of media which will hit you :)
And the server load. I hope ED has a plan in order. With a single point of failure for so many sites... things can go badly if they all go down.

Simply making the site static would be a good idea.

Spirit said:
BackAssward said:
craigix said:

Simply making the site static would be a good idea.
Yes, but that doesn't help the forums (which need to be dynamic).

Edit: And yes he hosts the forums.

Plus, I was talking about his service provider. If his server gets overloaded, all his sites go down, static or not. Everything goes down.

Namo said:

I'd like a video of the Panzer running a web-browser. :D I wanna see how well that works.

Habit, I`ve done it at the end of every post i`ve made on here since i joined way back in
April 03, Plus just like kaprikawn said, It does make it easier to see who the post is from,
As avatar`s can change quite frequently or a lot of users don`t have them and usernames don`t
exactly standout at you and can be difficult to see/locate sometimes.

Trooper :p

craigix said:
Exactly like it always was in the past: WHEN the cases arrive... :lol: I guess they are still in the Factory because of UPS and their Volcano Problems.
I'm sure MWeston can't wait to fly over the Ocean and finaly start with the resistor mod, better sooner than later. By the way, where exactly is the evil resistor on the Board?

Oh and because everything bad that can happen HAPPENS to the Pandora, please make sure to store the batteries onto a save place, far away from the rest, so when they start to burn, they don't destroy the other parts of the Pandora ;)

BackAssward said:
craigix said:
The Forum already laging heavy, I can't reach the english board for many minutes some times. :(
Should be really fixed when the storm starts. Would be very contra-productive if the masses out there want to read everything about the Pandora and can't do this because the Forums and Homepages are down.

Well, this gp32 might go down along with these forums but as long as twitter and youtube don't go down I'll at least get to see the videos and read what is happening. I don't think the Pandora will pull down twitter or youtube.

second exodous said:
Well, this gp32 might go down along with these forums but as long as twitter and youtube don't go down I'll at least get to see the videos and read what is happening. I don't think the Pandora will pull down twitter or youtube.
Yes, but not really the point. How can they be perceived as a professional company if all sites they host go down? Think about it.

If the forum, the official site, and any others ED hosts goes down. What will that look like to the outside world? It's not about how we would react... this project isn't just for us. They are a business, attempting to sell to everyone.

Just imagine what engadget or gizmodo would say if they all went down when the Pandora started shipping.

^ Ah, I did not think of it that way. Still, as an average internet user when sites go down I don't think much of it, I'm always clicking on sites that are down it seems and just try them later. Heck, even Microsoft has been known to go down, can't expect every site to stay up when a rush of activity hits it.

If engadget and gizmodo don't understand that sites go down then I think they are the wrong technology sites to be reading in the first place.

Back