Welcome to the new OpenPandora / Pyra / GP32X Boards!

My first post ever in thise community.
Seems like I didn't even introduce myself back then, just started posting :D
What's the easiest way to find your first post? I tried going through my list of posts under this account, but when I click 'view older messages', it works the first time, showing me pages 11-20, but clicking on it from page 20 takes me back to page 11. Searching for posts by me lets me search for posts newer than a set date, but not those older.

Snappy? Not with Konqueror, but that's probably Konq..
I too lost interest after craig's wonderfull bussiness plan/sting
Worse, I ordered (and paid) a spare bat and vid cable
I have become a LOT more suspicious
One of these years I should get the one I bought on ebay fixed, purple screen
The RMA still does not have the address, I haven't found the right search terms....
But now I am on the other side of the world

Last edited:
woohoo i can login now too!
thanks ed!
the new xenforo-board really rocks, thanks alot! :)

Hmm? I can easily download it.
What problem do you have, any error message?
[doublepost=1451176777,1451176566][/doublepost]
Snappy? Not with Konqueror, but that's probably Konq..
I too lost interest after craig's wonderfull bussiness plan/sting

Sad to see :(
I can imagine a lot actually lost interest because of that, which caused quite a bit of damage to us.

Worse, I ordered (and paid) a spare bat and vid cable
I have become a LOT more suspicious

You are aware we can send you that for free?
Well, battery not anymore (as shipping via normal post doesn't allow batteries anymore), but the video cable.

Are you on the huge list I got from Craig that you're still missing your Pandora?

One of these years I should get the one I bought on ebay fixed, purple screen
The RMA still does not have the address, I haven't found the right search terms....
But now I am on the other side of the world

Easy: Download the RMA from here:
http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/RMASheet.pdf

And send the unit (without battery) back to:
OpenPandora GmbH
Schäffbräustr. 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

I should really create an RMA information page!

OK, I can download it now. But if you click the link under the second image, it gives a file not found error.

Ah, that's a leftover from IPB board attachments. Nothing serious, it's the same link as the attachment.

Thanks for address, when I get back to canada (april) I will get ebay pandora into mail

>You are aware we can send you that for free?
News to me,, no
>Are you on the huge list I got from Craig that you're still missing your Pandora?
I should be ,, dthompson@.........., but the new board email got to me so I must be on some list

The Resources

As mentioned, the full classic File Archive has been included in the Resource-Section.
You can also use it to upload new stuff for those systems.
You can also upload Pandora or Pyra stuff which do not go onto the repo (i.e. documents, etc.)

I'll add the Pandora files (Case data, Gerber files, etc.) to those resources soon.
Have you thought about matching file owners on File Archive and imported resource owners on boards (based on email, ...) ?
At least for the sake of completeness, I'm not sure if there's really a need for it.

And just out of curiosity, why didn't you import the Pandora File Archive ? Maybe not the .pnd files, because most of them if not all are already on the repo, but other files.

Have you thought about matching file owners on File Archive and imported resource owners on boards (based on email, ...) ?
At least for the sake of completeness, I'm not sure if there's really a need for it.

Hmm, not sure if that's an easy task to do, as the way the original archive was setup, it didn't save the email address in the entry, just in the user profile.
So I'd need to cross check each file with the user and then email.

And just out of curiosity, why didn't you import the Pandora File Archive ? Maybe not the .pnd files, because most of them if not all are already on the repo, but other files.
[/quote]

Still planned, I also plan to put the PNDs from the archive into the repo as well (the missing ones).

Got your email, decided to try the boards again.. looks pretty good. Admittedly I haven't been visiting the old boards for years now. It just got too late before the Pandora finally arrived that it was just in time to be obsolete. Soon after it was time to move on to later hardware. And to top it off I never received that video cable either. But I'll probably not going to use the Pandora again, so I have basically written off the hole experience as a loss.
But I'll hang around here for a bit just to see what's going on.

-Tor

But I'll hang around here for a bit just to see what's going on.

-Tor

The Pyra is in the later stages of development, perhaps with release sometime during 2016. Depending on your definition of "obsolete", it might be worth looking into.

I know many people here (myself included) are still frequent users of thier pandorae, since it fills a gap in the market that has been left untouched by other manufacturers.
When the Pyra is released, it will have a weaker CPU and lower-resolution screen than contemporary smartphones, but far more flexible and capable hardware and software in nearly other respect.

Headline differences when compared to the Pandora are:
  • 4x faster CPU and 4x more RAM all on easily-upgradable module
  • Additonal µSD card slot
  • Additional USB port
  • Even more buttons
  • Optional GPS and 3G
  • 2x as many display pixels
  • eSATA
  • Digital video output
  • Competent production team
Along with various minor improvements.

My Pandora is what I take on holiday. It's feeling a little outdated in web browsing, when I first got it so many years ago I had no problem keeping 5 to 10 tabs open. Now it struggles if I open 3, maybe 4. I blame it on ads with their trackings and fancy formattings and dynamic web pages with their clicking and popping. Back in my day http served up static pages and if you needed to change something you'd have a redirected iframe and that's the way we liked it.
Anyway, the important thing to know was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time...

• All Facebook, Twitter and Google+-Share links are only activated once you click on them. So NO privacy issues here, those sites will not know that you're surfing here until you click the button!
Is that a default feature of XenForo?

This forum does connect to ajax.googleapis.com (and bootstrapcdn.com, possibly others). I'm assuming that this is being done for caching, load-balancing and such, but the benefits of this approach aren't anywhere as pronounced as it tends to be commonly believed.

ajax.googleapis.com is mostly referenced for website layout macros and suchlikes, but most sites will render somewhat okay without it, including this one. I suspect bootstrapcdn.com is only used for fonts for the icons you see if you go to the forum front page.

Is that a default feature of XenForo?

No, that's an addon :)

This forum does connect to ajax.googleapis.com (and bootstrapcdn.com, possibly others). I'm assuming that this is being done for caching, load-balancing and such, but the benefits of this approach aren't anywhere as pronounced as it tends to be commonly believed.

It's just loading the jsQuery from there. I could host them on my own server, but it's a bit faster and saves some server load here.
It only grabs the Javascript files from there, but I can also switch them to my server, if that's more to your liking :)

I use to login with Twitter and that option seems to be gone now, what can I do? I had that account since quite a while, I kind of miss it :(

It's just loading the jsQuery from there. [...]
It seems that you aren't aware that in terms of how this allows for tracking, it's not very different from regular social media buttons. More details: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/06/third-party-resources-nsa-leaks

I'm inferring from your remarks concerning the two-click buttons that you don't want this, which means that you need to put the files on your own server. (If possible, put any references to local Javascript files right before the closing </body> tag.)

Back