Watch This, Report Back.

My mum is a jeahovahs wittness and i must say that they seem like the most likely real religion.

"real religion"? There is no such thing. It is all a bunch of bullshit. It basically amounts to a bunch of monkeys making up shit to control other monkeys and get them to do what they want. No matter how many monkeys you get in your "cult" to parrot back the same nonsense it will never be real.

Go read some science books about the true origins of life on earth (sorry Christians the earth really is billions of years old, not 6000 ;) ) and the universe. This is supported by FACTS and EVIDENCE not a moldy old book that doesn't even make much sense and contradicts itself. Religion should be banned from all government and public institutions like school.

Finally something that DaveC said that I agree with...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I guess you just pick and choose the parts that you like or the parts that they drum in over and over in church.

i've never understood why the church does this. they take the new testament almost entirely as fact (ie, jesus dying for our sins and other related stories), and kind of look past the old testament.

maybe it's down to personal belief? it's just, when some people take something literally and some people as a metaphor, you have ripe ground for disagreement.

My mum is a jeahovahs wittness and i must say that they seem like the most likely real religion.

"real religion"? There is no such thing. It is all a bunch of bullshit. It basically amounts to a bunch of monkeys making up shit to control other monkeys and get them to do what they want. No matter how many monkeys you get in your "cult" to parrot back the same nonsense it will never be real.

Go read some science books about the true origins of life on earth (sorry Christians the earth really is billions of years old, not 6000 ;) ) and the universe. This is supported by FACTS and EVIDENCE not a moldy old book that doesn't even make much sense and contradicts itself. Religion should be banned from all government and public institutions like school.
I smell a jew!

What? Jew? That is another religion. I am obviously not religious ;)

Excuse me? I don't happen to believe that the Earth is 6000 years old, even though I am in fact Christian. Now on the subject of evidence, can you provide a link to the above facts and evidence please?

Well your Bible points to the earth being only 6000 years old, so you are telling me you don't believe your own Bible?

Oh I guess you just pick and choose the parts that you like or the parts that they drum in over and over in church.

Evidence is everywhere, the 'net, the library. You just need to come out of the ether and investigate for yourself. Yeah I know it is more work than just sitting in a big room full of stained glass while some goof spoon feeds you a bunch of non-sense. But if you really want to know it is there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

That up there is what you're referring to. The bible is a complex book, made by many authors writing while guided by God. You cannot apply one single way of interpretation to all it's volumes. Of course that leads me to my view on Genesis, which is Day-Age Creationism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-Age_Creationism

Does it seem logical that we would be made in 7 days? Possible, but not logical. God could have made it that way, but scientific evidence would say that it is not true. Now being the sentient being that he is, what reason would he have to purposely contradict our findings? Null. These events described in Genensis are metaphors, symbols for events in the timeline of our universe.

Now on the topic of books, there are many books written by many authors in favor of Creationism. There was recently an article in time magazine about the argument between Richard Dawkins (atheist) and Francis Collins (christian). If you were to do a search on it, you can easily find just as many books defending creationism as there are attacking it.

I would appreciate it if you would stop blatantly insulting my religion's followers as "goofs" or "monkeys" and so forth. It's quite easy to call anyone an idiot, but is there anything productive to come out of it? Calm down and try to show some tolerance for everyone else.

Back