German TV channel discriminates against game-players

Fuck them. It's so full of shit within the first 30 seconds, I didn't even watch the whole thing.

People complaining about stuff they don't understand, what else is new?

There seems to be a large group of people who consider themselves to be non-gamers with a passion and would rather die than being caught playing a game. Typically they are the ones complaining about games making people aggressive, being for kids only and that kind of bullshit.

Their loss.

It's typical german TV, gamer are all potential Amok runners, and "killer games" are the cause for everyting evil in the world. ;)

After massive critics from gamers as well as cosplayers, RTL sent a short excuse. Animexx.de started this and they could bring alot of people in motion against RTL. :)

Anonymous also want to 'take care' for RTL, as revenge for dissing gamers, so this story could get much more interesting. :D

I have heard that they have been DoS attacked, and that some high-up quite rightly said that their report was clearly not wrong...

Their heads are so far up their asses, I'm surprised that they're not speaking American English.

Ahh... the things the media can really get away with is astounding. I can believe they can pass this crap off as news.

you nerds are making too big of a deal of this. How often do we mock the superstitious, spoiled, plastic surgery, materialistic, "beautiful people" for their ways? How often do we talk down on the lady gagas, the justin biebers, and so on? Two wrongs dont make a right. Treat others the way you want to be treated, right?

you nerds are making too big of a deal of this. How often do we mock the superstitious, spoiled, plastic surgery, materialistic, "beautiful people" for their ways? How often do we talk down on the lady gagas, the justin biebers, and so on? Two wrongs dont make a right. Treat others the way you want to be treated, right?

The difference is, these people are capable of forcing stereotypes onto people and changing their mindsets. We're not, really.

The difference is, these people are capable of forcing stereotypes onto people and changing their mindsets. We're not, really.
o so thats why the hipster fad is huge right now?

I don't know how well-respected RTL is in Germany, but I can't see that this is doing their reputation any good.

I suppose I can't take them too seriously either, but not so much because I do the same thing they are, as much as because what they're doing just seems petty and mean-spirited - it says more about them than about anyone at the convention.

(Also, I'll give you Bieber, but Lady Gaga, however bizarrely she may dress and act, has some good stuff - look

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7iM_d70u6yo?feature=oembed or here or even here - and she writes all her own stuff, and never lip-syncs during live shows, which I think is pretty neat. :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how well-respected RTL is in Germany, but I can't see that this is doing their reputation any good.
RTL group is the biggest private Free-TV Company, including alot of TV Channels. Respected? Not really, they often make just stupid TV shows, idiotic celeb reports, non-funny Comedy Shows and so on. Perfect TV for the ground layers of the society. :D

But in Germany, nearly every TV channel bashes against gamers. Especialy the public broadcasting like ARD and ZDF usualy smash against "Killer Games" every time, supported by supid Politics that never played any game in their life. someone makes an Amok Run - and this doesn't need to be in germany telf. ;) Of course, the Amok Run in Norway was caused by Worl of Warcraft and so on. In Political Talkshows it is not unusual to bash against Violent Videos and Videogames without a single Gamer in the discussion round. Makes me really angry and sad at the same time.

It was a real miracle, that last week in the overhauled new "ZDF Kultur" Channel, a E-Sport show aired (in german public state owned broadcasting!!! ), including Counter Strike matches. ^^ I guess the hell was frozen or so, otherwise I just can't explain how this could happen. :D

I wonder how many viewers a gaming channel would draw in Germany or the Netherlands. Something like the korean Starcraft channels.

Their heads are so far up their asses, I'm surprised that they're not speaking American English.

And what is the matter with American English? That is quite the slur you just spouted....lol. :blink:

How often do we talk down on the lady gagas

You gamers and your 8-bit music, you couldn't tell a good singer if she fed you her penis!

( listens to 8-bit music )

Haha, I watched the video with ED... really brilliant moment there:

It's not as if anyone would use pirate copies!

No?

No!

No!

No!!!

The kids have a word for this: awwwkwaaarrdd.

I wonder how many viewers a gaming channel would draw in Germany or the Netherlands. Something like the korean Starcraft channels.

We had an entire Computer/Console/Internet/Multimedia/Gaming Channel over many years in german TV, galled "GIGA". Some of the hosts are still around in "Game One" on MTV but the GIGA channel itself was shut down a while ago, only the Website is still alive AFAIK.

Giga was not bad, it had weak and strong parts and the hosts are mainly cool and funy guys. :D I enjoyed shows like "Giga games" and "Telespiele", last one was a great retro-gaming show, they played and talked about old Games and Computer Hardware, I really wish this show would be brought back to life some day.

Back