Watch This, Report Back.

Now I'm not completely familiar with the show she was on, but what kind of disgrace to the field of journalism behaves the way he did to her? If the show is the kind where some tit who used to be a journalist goes around telling people they are being twats then thats one thing, but no journalist worthy of the name should even consider saying the things he said to her.

Journalism is about factual, informative news reporting, not talking heads telling the public what its reaction should be.

Its fairly obvious the woman protesting at funerals was a dickhead, if she has serious grievances there are other ways to bring them to the fore. You can find that kind of stupidity anywhere you go. Thats why that part of the video didn't affect me that much.

What scared me is that someone presenting a show to the masses could be allowed to get away with presenting himself and his ideas in that manner. Thats scary.

:ph34r:

I am appalled by some of these reactions here. Such as by semyza. Does it really seem that any religion is better then any othe? Going back on what telcolou is saying, you have to find your own notion of god. Whether it be the christian god, wiccan, whatever. Bickering on what christians did, what muslims did, what pagans, jews, and every other practitioner of any religion did is useless. Do they represent the entire population of that said religion? Do they embody all the virtues, morals, and values of that said religion? Who's keeping total, yelling "You christians killed ______" and "You muslims are _________" back and forth? As I see it, religion is not a flaw in this world. A good portion of the world believes in a god. Why? The fundamental question is why do we need guidance, a divine figure to look upon us? Religion is our way to find that missing answer to that question. But then again, religion can be used for all the wrong reasons. Such as by jihadist fundamentals, the Inquisition, human sacrifice by the Aztecs, and etc. But the main point isn't the religion of the person, but the intentions. Their can be a person who does generous acts for society and be Christian, and one who does evil and still call themselves Christian. The focus should be on the content of their character and their actions, not their religion.

Wow, that was alot...

Now I'm not completely familiar with the show she was on, but what kind of disgrace to the field of journalism behaves the way he did to her? If the show is the kind where some tit who used to be a journalist goes around telling people they are being twats then thats one thing, but no journalist worthy of the name should even consider saying the things he said to her.

Journalism is about factual, informative news reporting, not talking heads telling the public what its reaction should be.

What scared me is that someone presenting a show to the masses could be allowed to get away with presenting himself and his ideas in that manner. Thats scary.
:ph34r:
Holy crap, calm down. It was an editorial show. Fox shows these between normal reports which are of the more unbiased variety. Then these particular segments display their own opinions on the matters. Generally people will choose to listen to the one they agree with, I imagine, since there are usually shows regarding multiple viewpoints...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am appalled by some of these reactions here. Such as by semyza. Does it really seem that any religion is better then any othe? Going back on what telcolou is saying, you have to find your own notion of god. Whether it be the christian god, wiccan, whatever. Bickering on what christians did, what muslims did, what pagans, jews, and every other practitioner of any religion did is useless. Do they represent the entire population of that said religion? Do they embody all the virtues, morals, and values of that said religion? Who's keeping total, yelling "You christians killed ______" and "You muslims are _________" back and forth? As I see it, religion is not a flaw in this world. A good portion of the world believes in a god. Why? The fundamental question is why do we need guidance, a divine figure to look upon us? Religion is our way to find that missing answer to that question. But then again, religion can be used for all the wrong reasons. Such as by jihadist fundamentals, the Inquisition, human sacrifice by the Aztecs, and etc. But the main point isn't the religion of the person, but the intentions. Their can be a person who does generous acts for society and be Christian, and one who does evil and still call themselves Christian. The focus should be on the content of their character and their actions, not their religion.

Wow, that was alot...
Somebody steal your password? ;)

Wow, that was alot...
Somebody steal your password? ;)

Huh?

I'll translate:

"Loubear, your post was very well thought-out and intelligent ... perhaps it's your smarter, older brother who stole your password and logged it, and posted under your name."

BTW:

Going back on what telcolou is saying, you have to find your own notion of god.

What did I say? When? Where? :blink:

I'll translate:

"Loubear, your post was very well thought-out and intelligent ... perhaps it's your smarter, older brother who stole your password and logged it, and posted under your name."

BTW:

Going back on what telcolou is saying, you have to find your own notion of god.

What did I say? When? Where? :blink:

Well, ok. But truthfully, I don't have any older siblings. Oh no, that was alex. I thought it was you due to the bald guy in his alex's avatar. It's strange how I tend to identify people here by their avatars...

with the kids

roper on Tyra banks part 1

roper on Tyra banks part 2

my gosh this bitch can talk ....part 3

final roper tyra video part 4
isnt that neo natzi skinhead on mythbusters?

My mum is a jeahovahs wittness and i must say that they seem like the most likely real religion.
No, it makes no sense at all. They keep telling me that the dinosaurs are a test from God, as is Evolution. They need to stop knocking on my door. I am not the right man to debate science with, well, not if you want to win, anyway.

Yeah as soon as people stop arguing over which religion is the right religion, the world will be a better place...
This is just one reason I don't follow a particular religion... they all more or less say something along the lines of: "Follow this religion and believe in this God/these Gods otherwise you are going to a bad bad place for all eternity"

It doesn't add up to me at all. I just try my best to live a decent life and try to make other around me happy. It makes much more sense to me than following what it says in some very old literature that has been passed down the generations and translated who know how many times...

My mum is a jeahovahs wittness and i must say that they seem like the most likely real religion.

"real religion"? There is no such thing. It is all a bunch of bullshit. It basically amounts to a bunch of monkeys making up shit to control other monkeys and get them to do what they want. No matter how many monkeys you get in your "cult" to parrot back the same nonsense it will never be real.

Go read some science books about the true origins of life on earth (sorry Christians the earth really is billions of years old, not 6000 ;) ) and the universe. This is supported by FACTS and EVIDENCE not a moldy old book that doesn't even make much sense and contradicts itself. Religion should be banned from all government and public institutions like school.

"real religion"? There is no such thing. It is all a bunch of bullshit. It basically amounts to a bunch of monkeys making up shit to control other monkeys and get them to do what they want. No matter how many monkeys you get in your "cult" to parrot back the same nonsense it will never be real.

Go read some science books about the true origins of life on earth (sorry Christians the earth really is billions of years old, not 6000 ;) ) and the universe. This is supported by FACTS and EVIDENCE not a moldy old book that doesn't even make much sense and contradicts itself. Religion should be banned from all government and public institutions like school.

Amen.

I smell a jew!

Excuse me? I don't happen to believe that the Earth is 6000 years old, even though I am in fact Christian. Now on the subject of evidence, can you provide a link to the above facts and evidence please?

I smell a jew!

What? Jew? That is another religion. I am obviously not religious ;)

Excuse me? I don't happen to believe that the Earth is 6000 years old, even though I am in fact Christian. Now on the subject of evidence, can you provide a link to the above facts and evidence please?

Well your Bible points to the earth being only 6000 years old, so you are telling me you don't believe your own Bible?

Oh I guess you just pick and choose the parts that you like or the parts that they drum in over and over in church.

Evidence is everywhere, the 'net, the library. You just need to come out of the ether and investigate for yourself. Yeah I know it is more work than just sitting in a big room full of stained glass while some goof spoon feeds you a bunch of non-sense. But if you really want to know it is there.

Back