Warranty?

I would like to have it perform as advertised at some point, though.
this is all i ask.

BTW: Regarding Warranty:

I'm having no problem replacing LCD Cables and broken nubs for free if you have one of the old units, even after the warranty time, as this is a common issue.

thanks for the reply ed, however i'm still unclear about my unit's coverage as i don't have either of those issues. I have no problem paying the shipping as i did the first time, however i still feel that the wifi never connecting properly & the case cracking for no reason are manufacturing issues & should be covered just the same.

in any case, i've sent you a pm. I know how busy you are & i don't expect a prompt reply, but i would appreciate it if you sent the rma information with it. I appreciate your time & i'm sorry that the majority of the burden of his project have fallen on your shoulders. Thanks for toughing it out for all of us ed.

Hi Consequence_9.

The only real solution those early wifi problems is board replacement. Even if that option is on the table, that's a queue you don't want to get into. You can also just grab a USB wifi adapter. You can get one that is tiny, doesn't need a hub and will give you a bulletproof wireless N connection for around $20. Recent info: http://boards.openpa...ck-for-pandora/

My personal advice: Get yourself a wifi stick, and just talk to ED about the case.

Last I read, ED had a backlog of PMs nearing 100, just so you know. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey gruso, glad to see you're still around.

thing is, i need both the wifi & the usb port free simultaneously so the dongle's not an option. Not to mention i'm not particularly keen on spending another $20 for what amounts to a band-aid. I mean if there's a problem with the board & the case then there's not much left of the unit, might as well just send another like they did the first time. I don't mind waiting (certainly no stranger to it ;]), and i don't mean to be obstinate, it's simply as stated above - i just want it to function as advertised (& as i waited 1.5-2 years for). I really do appreciate the suggestions, it's just not the ideal solution for me. I did read elsewhere that ed's severely backed up & that's fine; i know he's got some big fish to fry, so i'll just wait my turn again.

thanks again guys.

*IF* there's a problem with the board that is preventing wifi from working. There is a possibility that there is a fundamental flaw in the design which makes it so it just can't connect to some routers for reasons that no one has been able to figure out yet. We've seen some people complain they couldn't get it to work change routers and suddenly it starts working, or others that worked but suddenly got better with a new router, and some that messed with router settings that shouldn't have made a difference but did. There's currently no test for this because we can't figure out why it is doing that. It's just weird.

On the other hand, there were too many boards that managed to sneak out that do definitely have broken wifi modules so it's really hard to say.

Only thing I can suggest is to experiment with different routers. Visit some coffee shops, or anywhere else with free wifi and see how it behaves.

*IF* there's a problem with the board that is preventing wifi from working. There is a possibility that there is a fundamental flaw in the design which makes it so it just can't connect to some routers for reasons that no one has been able to figure out yet. We've seen some people complain they couldn't get it to work change routers and suddenly it starts working, or others that worked but suddenly got better with a new router, and some that messed with router settings that shouldn't have made a difference but did. There's currently no test for this because we can't figure out why it is doing that. It's just weird.

On the other hand, there were too many boards that managed to sneak out that do definitely have broken wifi modules so it's really hard to say.

Only thing I can suggest is to experiment with different routers. Visit some coffee shops, or anywhere else with free wifi and see how it behaves.
i'm almost positive it's a problem with the board, i've tested it on at least 10 different networks with the same results. I've not once been able to get a stable connection. I wouldn't be making a fuss about it without at least being through ;]

BTW: Regarding Warranty:

I'm having no problem replacing LCD Cables and broken nubs for free if you have one of the old units, even after the warranty time, as this is a common issue.

How does one make an RMA claim these days, and what would be the expected turnaround?

I have a very old "Craig" unit, and am in the USA (I just found an email that shows that it shipped 10/6/10). My right nub died, and the left one is erratic. The hinge of my unit is completely floppy, and my battery is starting to bloat and cannot hold a charge. Thankfully, i got a spare. Oh, and wifi has never really worked all that well, either :(

My LCD is great :)

The unit was lightly, but regularly used, and always in its official case.

ChairmanNow said:
How does one make an RMA claim these days, and what would be the expected turnaround?

I have a very old "Craig" unit, and am in the USA (I just found an email that shows that it shipped 10/6/10). My right nub died, and the left one is erratic. The hinge of my unit is completely floppy, and my battery is starting to bloat and cannot hold a charge. Thankfully, i got a spare. Oh, and wifi has never really worked all that well, either :(

My LCD is great :)

The unit was lightly, but regularly used, and always in its official case.
+1, still haven't heard back from ed

Mine also has a slight crack at the right speaker. Plus the case has some tiny flaws regarding the overall quality. It's too much of a hassle for me to get it repaired though. The crack is like a tiny hairline, and if it doesn't develop any further, I will just stay with the current casing. Maybe someday in the future there will be new high quality casings that don't have all the current flaws?

As long as my LCD cable doesn't break, I'm perfectly happy with my Pandora. That is basically the only thing that has me worried.

+1, still haven't heard back from ed

I heard back in a PM. Super helpful. I suggest that you reach out to him that way.
yes, i pm'd him on oct 29th, still shows he has not read it, when did you send yours?

also sent an email to openpandorasales over a week ago, no response as of yet.

Back