Upgrade your old Pandora

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
You have an older Pandora and are interested in the Rebirth or 1GHz version?

No need to buy a completely new one - you can upgrade your old one!

In case you're interested, head over to the DragonBox Shop Upgrade Page

(In case you're wondering - the DragonBox Shop is my (EvilDragon's) shop :)

Recommended!

Classic → rebirth 113,45 € (~$ 149.55)

Classic → 1GHz   264,71 € (~$ 348.94)  ← EDIT: New lower price :)

Rebirth → 1GHz   151,26 € (~$ 199.39)

Edit: there now is a dropdown menu option of "keep old case" or changing case along with the upgrade for the low price of 12.61€ :)

Bonus:

Screen LCD ribbon cable will most likely be changed free of cost for the new and improved Japanese one

I suspect you could ask to have the exchanged cable and/or case added to your return shipment for sentimental value.

Also check out the replacement parts and accessories

Extra styluses 40% off, SD-cards 22-45% off, batteries 57% off and cases 50% off :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Proving once again that ED has mystical powers, my old Pandora arrived in Germany yesterday, and the upgraded model was despatched today!

Proving once again that ED has mystical powers, my old Pandora arrived in Germany yesterday, and the upgraded model was despatched today!
Lots of arms, my dear:

Chihiros_Reise-1.jpg

I want to do an upgrade however my pandora is not in the best of states, i've resolderd the jack plug and one shoulderbutton (the internal button on the pcb) fell of, as well as some cracks in the case. 

I was wondering if there is an option to do this upgrade with some extra costs?

Or do I have to go for a completly new 1GHz (this might be a bit outside of my budget since Im saving for the pyra aswell) :D

hello, I ordered a Pandora rebirth yesterday and very quickly realized there was some 1ghz left, I really want one  :D so I sent a email regarding my order (asking to change) needless to say they are already out of stock (and I never received a reply). I was wondering if this upgrade service is still available? the page link just gives errors D: 

thanks.

Recommended!

Classic → rebirth 113,45 € (~$ 149.55)

Classic → 1GHz 264,71 € (~$ 348.94) ← EDIT: New lower price :)

Rebirth → 1GHz 151,26 € (~$ 199.39)

Edit: there now is a dropdown menu option of "keep old case" or changing case along with the upgrade for the low price of 12.61€ :)

Bonus:

Screen LCD ribbon cable will most likely be changed free of cost for the new and improved Japanese one

I suspect you could ask to have the exchanged cable and/or case added to your return shipment for sentimental value.

Also check out the replacement parts and accessories

Extra styluses 40% off, SD-cards 22-45% off, batteries 57% off and cases 50% off :lol:

it is possible to upgrade my classic pandora to 1ghz now??

Unfortunately, not anymore as the Pandora is out of production and the few remaining PCBs will be used to create new units.

Any chance I will be able to part exchange my Pandora for a Pyra? I would sell it but there are a a few issues with it that I messaged you about, EvilDragon.

Would a new case for my Pandora fix the 'wobbly' shoulder button and is there any chance you will be getting any new LCD's (or a one-off order for me)? Mine has a few dead/stuck pixels.

Last edited:
Yes to both.
The wobbly shoulder button issue was only an issue with the very first (where Craig drilled the hole wiiide open).
There are better solutions now.

And we also get more new LCDs soon, yes.

Yes to both.
The wobbly shoulder button issue was only an issue with the very first (where Craig drilled the hole wiiide open).
There are better solutions now.

And we also get more new LCDs soon, yes.
Thanks for your reply and the support, EvilDragon. I will wait till you get some more LCD's then to save me sending it to you twice.

Back