Upgrade to IPB4

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you probably noticed it already - we upgraded to IPB4.0!

This was a huge upgrade, the forum software basically has been rewritten from scratch!
Let's hope we won't find too many bugs...

You can still choose between the Pandora Blue and Pyra Red theme on the bottom, I will restore all features and more within the next few days.

Let me know if you encounter any bugs! (and yes, I know I still need to restore the menus, etc.)

Thanks ED~ Loving it so far, looks awesome. A cleaner look.

Nice to see who's birthday it is too. Happy Birthday to quasist old pal :)

What's up with spacing?...and can we have a formatting on/off option, because there are hardly any options to chose from anyway? No insert image, no font or colour?

EDIT: disregard my request and questions lol

Last edited by a moderator:
garth.jpg

Yes, I remember how it was when we switched from IPB3 to IPB4 :)
However, IPB4 offers a lot more, so I can include the Pyra website easily into the system, etc.

Right now, it might be a bit slow as it is rebuilding ALL the posts... and that takes a while (as the site is huge), but we're getting there :)

So far I have to say I like the old version better.  :(    Hopefully that will change as bits and pieces get restored.

I'm also hoping the old colours of the Pandora theme can be restored.   It looks really washed out at the moment.

-Neelix

like the new style, looks sexy!

i'm noticing right now, however, that "Location" isn't working right in my browser.    For example, just under my avatar it reads:

• LocationPreviously in the Netherlands
instead of "Location: Previously in the Netherlands."

So far I have to say I like the old version better.  :(    Hopefully that will change as bits and pieces get restored.
Well, just let us know what you're missing :)

I'm also hoping the old colours of the Pandora theme can be restored.   It looks really washed out at the moment.

Did you switch to the blue theme? Those colors should almost be identical.

Tapatalk looks fine here, but I was just updating it about 1 minute ago, maybe you connected while it was updating :)

one other minor point -- the latency seems to be twice or more than the original, but maybe that is my internet connection...

Well, just let us know what you're missing :)

Did you switch to the blue theme? Those colors should almost be identical.
A text only mode for the editor might be nice,  I can't seem to find a way to split quotes.

I can't find anywhere to view liked posts.  (used to be linked off the profile page.)

There's only two themes  Pyra and Pandora.   The colours on the Pandora theme are nothing like what they were in the same theme under the old version,  the best you can say is for it is that it's still done in shades of blue. 

-Neelix

@ED

would it be possible to merge the two trading sections: "Pandora > Getting a Pandora > Trading" and "Offtopic > Trading" ? I find it a tad akward if I have to point people to two sections when they ask for place to buy a Pandora.

"Offtopic > Trading" is for everything else but pandora...

EDIT: does this mean we'll have more "likes" now ? :p

EDIT2: bug : I lost all my unread list... I guess it was to be expected

"Offtopic > Trading" is for everything else but pandora...

EDIT: does this mean we'll have more "likes" now ? :p

I know what the original intention was, but I still not see the need for two sections that do basically the same. The activity in both is really low so no need to have two seperate sections to give users more oversight - and if you still would want that you can always create subsections

Back