Upgrade to IPB4

Sounds more like waiting and hoping. ^_^   What's wrong with using a simple BB code editor where you don't need fancy scripts or plugins to make it work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds more like waiting and hoping. ^_^   What's wrong with using a simple BB code editor where you don't need fancy scripts or plugins to make it work?

Give me that simple BBCode editor ready to be included into the boards and I'll gladly do it.
Sadly, there is no BBCode editor available for IPB anymore, and it doesn't look like they'll code one (even though I try to talk that into them).

I might hire a coder to code such a plugin...

2 questions:

1. Could we please bring back the option for previewing posts before submitting?

2. Why are YouTube vid images so big?

1. According to IPB, that doesn't make sense with a WYSIWYG-Editor. In v4.1, the quotes look exactly the same as they will in the real post, so the preview basically will be your editor.
2. I've tried to find a quick fix with HTML / CSS, but it was a bit more complex. Doesn't mean I have given up on it! 

Excellent stuff.  I hope ED can swap out that PYRA font for the one he's currently using though.

Personally, I think the font on the current banner is ugly, and does not go with either the product or the logo.
However, I would be heppy to use that one instead, if I knew what it was called (and had access to a copy)

Give me that simple BBCode editor ready to be included into the boards and I'll gladly do it.
Sadly, there is no BBCode editor available for IPB anymore, and it doesn't look like they'll code one (even though I try to talk that into them).

I might hire a coder to code such a plugin...
Hm, switching to vBulletin or so? Never had issues with these boards, our 3DCenter board is orck solid and has a simple editor that always works. ^^

P.S.: Link insertion function is still bugy I notice suddenly. ^^"

From what I read in the internet, vbulletin 4 and 5 is even worse than IPB4 and I found more people wantint to migrate FROM vbulletin to IPB than the other way round.

Ah, OK. I can't say anything about the "backend" site (security, etc.). I just mentioned vBulletin because it was the first kind of forum type I entered ages ago. So I basicly grew up with these Forums. ^^  This board type here is not that bad but it needs further tuning for sure. Well at least I got it working under Opera 12, that's alone is almost a miracle. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back