Upgrade to DM3730

That's right, as everyone in this thread knows, computers are made out of megahertz.

If only the Pandora had more of them, we could emulate bigger computers! I could probably run Rock Raiders on an 800 MHz Pentium III, so once we're above that we should be good to emulate it.

I am being sarcastic. There's an article on Wikipedia called Megahertz Myth, you should read it.

A NDS emulator would probably run on the pandora, but would be pushing its limits. On the PSP the last I tried it's NDS emulator was getting 4-8FPS on most games, with a Dynarec.

There's an NDS emulator for PSP with a dynarec?

A NDS emulator would probably run on the pandora, but would be pushing its limits. On the PSP the last I tried it's NDS emulator was getting 4-8FPS on most games, with a Dynarec.

There's an NDS emulator for PSP with a dynarec?

That was a typo on my part.... I meant to say "without a dynarec" ... Changes the meaning a bit.

EDIT: Gah... I made a typo on the word "typo"....

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love these boards. This is actually the closest I've seen these last years to a civilized place on the 'net. Where else is there this latitude in topics and behaviour and, actually, general tolerance. I mean, we have threads that derail even into politics or religion, that - completely unheard of on the rest of the internets - potters on for a few posts, people state their opposing opinions, and...then they agree to disagree, and get on with stuff?!? It is amazing.

Yes, we (I) throw hissy fits every now and then. But they, too, usually just pass. Amazing. :wub: :wub: :wub:
+1, this is one of my favorite places on the 'net :)

I wonder how long that will last once people get their Pandoras.

Hm... Maybe this was all just a social experiment by Craig and the others. Get a large group of people who are strangers in a single place and give them all a single point of (known) commonality, make that common point be something they really long for and see how they behave. Then fulfill that common desire as suddenly as possible.

Worth it.

oh dont get me wrong, i plan on killing each and every single person on the face of this earth the day i get my pandora, though i might have to hold off until i get my video out cable as that can take till end of march at least

I wonder how long that will last once people get their Pandoras.

[...]

Heh. But actually, I include the gp32x boards in this too, which also has been a marvellously civilized place, even though it got a bit on the bitterer side lately. So unless GPH is in on the social experiment too, I doubt it.

Hm...On the other hand, that might explain their complete refusal to design a useful joypad... :blink:

oh dont get me wrong, i plan on killing each and every single person on the face of this earth the day i get my pandora, though i might have to hold off until i get my video out cable as that can take till end of march at least

Then let this be our final battle!

I heard that someone tried a quick port of a DS emulator on the Pandora, but it only got about 5FPS.

Great and since I live in Akron and you will likely receive yours before me, now I know I'll never see mine, unless they delay the cable a long time. Thanks a lot. Just know now, I will be ready when you arrive, as I do plan to have mine...at whatever cost. :D

for my size, i strike quick! btw, does akron really hate lebron?

I can't fathom why anyone would want to emulate an NDS, I don't even play the real one I have.

Golden Sun runs fine on a GBA. So does Advance Wars... Have any new games come out recenty? I thought the DS was just random hardware revisions and Barbie fashion games.

^ The DS is the best-selling console to date, if my memory serves me correctly. And you appear to have missed out on the new Golden Sun title. ;)

^ The DS is the best-selling console to date, if my memory serves me correctly. And you appear to have missed out on the new Golden Sun title. ;)

Also those new Pokemans games. I mean, who can survive without owning a mutatedseal-o'mon?

I can't fathom why anyone would want to emulate an NDS, I don't even play the real one I have.

Golden Sun runs fine on a GBA. So does Advance Wars... Have any new games come out recenty? I thought the DS was just random hardware revisions and Barbie fashion games.

There are a few NDS games that are worth playing, but in my opinion they're few and far between. FF3 remake (as it was never officially released in English before)... and umm... I'm sure there's some others I'm not thinking of at the moment. But you're right most of the better games are GBA ones.

Retro Game Challenge, Scribblenauts, a lot of the best DS games aren't exactly well-known.

Retro Game Challenge, Scribblenauts, a lot of the best DS games aren't exactly well-known.
You really liked Scribblenauts? I have to fully agree with Yahtzee on this one.

Yes. Granted, it DID get old (and I have reached that point ages ago), but it was fun while it lasted. The sequel's supposed to be better, and not much different, so if you didn't get it the first time, get Super Scribblenauts instead.

I'm suprised scriblenauts was released. The controls suck so much. I haven't played super scriblenauts because I bought the firsrt one at full price. If only I waited for Yahtzee . . .

Back