Updates in all areas

My personal preference - natural, complete with inconsistencies in coloration from mold stress, no paint.

I really want to know what the official case colour is going to be... has it been decided yet? ... :)
Not yet, and it looks like it's not likely to be decided any time soon...

Color / Plastics decision is still months off, you know... that would be AFTER the molds are finished which will happen AFTER the design is finished and tested with the PCB design...
- Neelix

Are the keymat backlight and LEDs designed to avoid "leaking" in undesired directions? With an opaque case it doesn't matter if light leaks as it would be contained by the case, but with a transparent one it could be an issue.

Speaking as someone who does like to look inside and see the innards of his gadgets I have to say that I really don't get the appeal of transparent cases... the cool factor of being able to see what's inside is completely counteracted by the fact that it just looks really really tacky... :rolleyes:

To each their own I guess. :)

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally love clear cases. I've modded several of my handhelds with clear cases. I still own my DS Lite clear case mod, as it is my all time fav, especially since I did it myself. It turned out really nice. 

Chris

I personally love clear cases. I've modded several of my handhelds with clear cases. I still own my DS Lite clear case mod, as it is my all time fav, especially since I did it myself. It turned out really nice. 

Chris
You mean something like this:

m05619.jpg

Or something like this:

76T2WNXC.jpg

-Glyph Reader

That's my DS case exactly, minus the light mod. I thought the lights would annoy me, so I decided against those. My buttons and d-pad are actually a dark grey and they match the bezel on both screens. If I get the chance I'll post some pics.

Chris

Back