Release [Upcoming] Pandora Clock

24-Hour-Mode would be cool, not the whole World has AM/PM:

So it would ne nice, wehn I can use fpr 2pm -> 14:00

Please see the first post, this is already supported :) I do not use AM/PM myself, I prefer a 24 hours clock.

So you can select or unselect the AM/PM mode,

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Sorry, than this app will be great!

Would you be interested in new features such as :

- Pomodoro function (having a 25 mins countdown timer to monitor your time spent on tasks while keeping efficiency ?)

- Countdown timer for any duration ? (could be useful if you are cooking, for example, and need to wait for a while)

Countdown timer?

WANT IT.

Stopwatch would be also great then :D .

Countdown timer -> easy.

That can be done and finished in a few days.

Stopwatch -> that, I dont know, in terms of performance. Currently I refresh the display every 1/2 sec, so I'd need to go to a much faster refresh rate in order to enable a stopwatch function. It can be done, I guess, I just need to try it :)

Refresh rate is not that important for a stopwatch, reaction speed to start/stop button presses is more important (and of course accurate time keeping in between, but that should be easy enough)

Refresh rate is not that important for a stopwatch, reaction speed to start/stop button presses is more important (and of course accurate time keeping in between, but that should be easy enough)

True, but its better if you have both, right ? :)

Major bugs fixed, interface relatively polished....

it's PND time !

Will be available shortly unless I face issues to make a PND :) ( __wb__ stay around just in case!)

Allright, I have an issue... nothing happens when I run the application... maybe my run.sh has an issue ?

#!/bin/sh

export PATH="$PWD/bin:${PATH:-"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin"}"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PWD/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-"/usr/lib:/lib"}"

export HOME="$PWD" XDG_CONFIG_HOME="$PWD"

export QTDIR="$PWD"

export PYTHONPATH="$PWD/lib"

python ./essai.py

Here it is :

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/PND.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : ISO

APPDATADIR : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/pandoraclock-app

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : run.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/pandoraclock-app"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/pandoraclock-app=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/pandoraclock-app=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/pandoraclock-app"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 546: ./run.sh: Permission denied

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/pandoraclock-app': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 2

It seems like it is a permission problem...?

Allright, simply had to do a chmox +x on the run.sh

Done, the app works now.

Last problem to solve: the app creates a profile.txt to save the preferences, but somehow when I make the PND the profile.txt is not created and is not visible in appdata folder either... how do I fix that ?

dude, awesome stuff! looks very professional.

will totally use this once my unit finally gets here.

thanks for developing this in python, as i will eagerly study your code and learn.

Allright here is the PND for testing ! Thanks __wb__ for the tricks for the profile.txt :)

One known bug: the internet connection is somehow not detected when you connect after launching the app... so you'd better launch it first.

Otherwise the rest "should" work :) [crossing fingers]

EDIT: attachment removed, PND is stored in first post of this thread.

Would you be interested in new features such as :

- Pomodoro function (having a 25 mins countdown timer to monitor your time spent on tasks while keeping efficiency ?)

- Countdown timer for any duration ? (could be useful if you are cooking, for example, and need to wait for a while)

Yes that would be nice , everything seems to work very nice , only suggestion I have is to make the weather able to show Fahrenheit (°F) as a option...

Thanks Bud....

Some things that came to my mind when I took a brief look

• I don't think Network is an appropriate category (maybe see here for an idea)
  • the clock seems a bit lost on the Pandoras Display -maybe increase the text size slightly (10% ?)
  • Fullscreen Mode should be saved via profile.txt too
  • interacting with it the feels real nice and intuitiv
  • bottom bar is a real nice idea (sensible idea to dimm it after a certain time)

All in all for me its a valuable addition to the Pandoras software collection. If a proper alarm system would be implemented, it could see this replacing my iPod touch as a alarm clock.

Edit:

Something I forgot:

• as there is no real mouse interaction possible, hiding the mouse cursor would be nice
  • is there a special reason why the up/down buttons of the bottom bar aren't dimmed with the rest of the elements on screen ?

Back