Release [Upcoming] Pandora Clock

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
NOW OPEN FOR TESTING ! See PND attached in this post (Updated 28th of July 2012) - Please report bugs :) And impressions!

Screenshot from 2012-07-20 22:38:48.png

Screenshot from 2012-07-20 22:40:35.png

Screenshot from 2012-07-20 22:41:01.png

Features:

- Simulates old LCD-style alarm clock for time display

- Can display AM/PM time

- Enable color change of display / Red / Green / Blue / WHite

- Displays the day / month / date / day of the week

- Get weather at your location for today / tomorrow -

- Gets current temperature and tomorrow's temperature range

- Alarm clock with ringing sound

- Can add up to 3 different cities/countries to check the time difference

- Detects internet connection and updates weather information on regular basis

- Correction of time zone for US / Australia / China / Russia (several time zones in same country) (Just implemented)

- Display city in other geographies (just implemented)

- Sleep mode diming the screen after a while (just implemented AND working now)

- Catching internet errors in data request (should be mostly done)

- Automatically saves any change in settings (just implemented)

- Automatically loads your latest settings at start (just implemented)

- Fullscreen mode (just implemented)

Requested Features: (not yet implemented)

- Removing seconds display

- Custom mp3 for alarm

- (exotic) : scanlines

- (exotic) : binary clock display

Let me know if you have any other requests, but I'm mostly done with this.

I'll release when fully operational.

Screenshot from 2012-07-20 22:41:01.png

Pandoclock.pnd

Attachments

• Pandoclock.pnd
    7.5 MB · Views: 205
Last edited by a moderator:
One feature I would like: Sleep mode.

If you go into sleep mode screen goes black until you press any key. Also the Pandora LEDs go black.

I would really like this feature because I can't sleep well with any light in my room.

sleep mode or an extremely dim mode would be perfect also this looks really great I have benn wanting a clock with weather updates for a long time cant wait to try :lol:

Hopefully this runs fullscreen and doesn't really have that awful titlebar stuck on the top?

D.

Looks great!

Suggestions:

- make the "status bar" not in reverse, or make it less bright - now it probably emits more light than the clock itself.

- use more screen area: the Pandora screen is not big (probably much smaller than those screenshots when seen on a computer monitor), and it has quite big non-screen borders around it, so you want to use as much of it as possible

- make seconds optional: the constant change can be annoying if you're trying to sleep with the clock on, and battery use should be slightly lower if you only redraw the screen once every minute

Feature Request: Optionally the alarm clock plays mp3 not a ringing sound and offers an option to fade the mp3 in by a specified amount of seconds.

The sleep-mode should be canceled by a two-button-combo (fn+q). So that you can blindly touch the keyboard and hit any key to activate the display.

And: scanlines!. :) Sorry but I'm so retro. ;)

If you go into sleep mode screen goes black until you press any key. Also the Pandora LEDs go black.

I would really like this feature because I can't sleep well with any light in my room.

Thanks for the feedback.

This I can do (making the screen progressively black or go black after x mins), but that will probably not be the sleep mode with power saving.

For the Pandora LED that should be feasible, too.

I keep this as a future feature - will probably first launch before with the current ones, but these are good ideas.

Hopefully this runs fullscreen and doesn't really have that awful titlebar stuck on the top?

D.

I still have to implement the fullscreen but that should be no issue.

Do you think it should be fullscreen when it starts or should it simply be an option when you hit a key ?

Looks great!

Suggestions:

- make the "status bar" not in reverse, or make it less bright - now it probably emits more light than the clock itself.

- use more screen area: the Pandora screen is not big (probably much smaller than those screenshots when seen on a computer monitor), and it has quite big non-screen borders around it, so you want to use as much of it as possible

- make seconds optional: the constant change can be annoying if you're trying to sleep with the clock on, and battery use should be slightly lower if you only redraw the screen once every minute

Ok, one by one :

- the status bar is only bright when you launch the soft, it dims itself after a few minutes.

- More screen area: this is, of course, possible, but would actually take a lot of work since I hardcoded the digits of the main clock in coordinates instead of vectors. I'll keep this as a future update, but I realised this is something people may want when I was half done with this project :p

- seconds optional : should be no problem. I'll work on that.

Feature Request: Optionally the alarm clock plays mp3 not a ringing sound and offers an option to fade the mp3 in by a specified amount of seconds.

The sleep-mode should be canceled by a two-button-combo (fn+q). So that you can blindly touch the keyboard and hit any key to activate the display.

And: scanlines!. :) Sorry but I'm so retro. ;)

I may offer a few different ringtones, but no custom mp3 at the beginning. But I can keep this in mind.

Fading the ring is possible, I think... but i'll need to check how to tune the output volume, I havent looked into that.

Sorry for the sleep mode I did not really get what you wanted to say : fn+q to cancel the sleep mode, and if you touch other keys, it displays the screen for a short time and goes into sleep mode again ? Is that what you mean ?

Could you please add a binary clock display mode to this program?

Haha, I dont even know how to read it :)

Answer: Maybe... but not priority right now.

fn+q to cancel the sleep mode, and if you touch other keys, it displays the screen for a short time and goes into sleep mode again ? Is that what you mean ?

Yes, that's exactly what i meant. Sorry for being unclear.

Thanks for the feedback.

This I can do (making the screen progressively black or go black after x mins), but that will probably not be the sleep mode with power saving.

I keep this as a future feature - will probably first launch before with the current ones, but these are good ideas.

That's great.

It isn't ment to be a sleep mode for Pandora but for me :D .

Please remember to turn off the Pandora LEDs even it it charges. I want to use it as a clock and charge it over night.

I also wouldn't make it progressively black but turning black after 10 seconds after going into sleep mode. If you then touch any button light goes on for other seconds. That's the way I use my mobile phone for now. Hopefully the pandora will replace it soon.

Custom MP3 as alarm would also be nice but it's already in "requested features" :) .

If you want a further idea: Wake up mode

If used as an alarm clock you could also add light.

So you'll hear your favourite song in the morning and get waked up with some light.

Just some idea.

Thanks for the feedback.

That's great.

It isn't ment to be a sleep mode for Pandora but for me :D .

Please remember to turn off the Pandora LEDs even it it charges. I want to use it as a clock and charge it over night.

I also wouldn't make it progressively black but turning black after 10 seconds after going into sleep mode. If you then touch any button light goes on for other seconds. That's the way I use my mobile phone for now. Hopefully the pandora will replace it soon.

Custom MP3 as alarm would also be nice but it's already in "requested features" :) .

If you want a further idea: Wake up mode

If used as an alarm clock you could also add light.

So you'll hear your favourite song in the morning and get waked up with some light.

Just some idea.

Custom music playing will need be programmed differently than currently - because that would mean threading the music and the rest of the program so that they execute simultaneously. This will probably come last :)

I can only second the requests that have already been made.

Other than that: looks really cool !

Thanks thatgui !

Update: progressing well, profile save function just implemented, now moving to loading function... and fullscreen mode.

Just a few more hours (i.e. days) before a PND for testing.

Back