Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

Nova said:
From ED twit:

Missed a few status updates of UPS it seems. Anyways, the most important (and current one).

Loc.: WINNIPEG, MB, CA --- Date: 05/02/2010, 5:46 --- Description: REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT

Ok, it is in canada. Maybe it will be delivered today. Where does mweston live again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Xenu said:
So close... but alas, still a monday delivery I guess.

It's only 8:34 in Winnipeg now - if it takes 7 hours we're still at delivery before 4 PM (assuming the weather doesn't slow things down too much), so Michael could give the green light tonight - not sure how that works out with the factory though, since I don't know the time difference there. Still, I heard somewhere that the factory keeps running on Saturday...
tongue.gif

Yeah, we need the update to read "Out For Delivery"! The current post means it cleared customs, and is on the way to the local UPS hub in Michaels region. Now if Ed got that update late last night, early, early am, it may get to the hub and go "Out For Delivery" today, it just depends on the time it arrives. If there stll processing packages, they may throw it on a truck, but if they have left for the day, monday for sure. Although, they do hold most trucks for the next day US packages, as they show up last to be processed in the morning(and have to go out period), but I'm not sure if express international falls in that catagory(i would say not, as customs, and other things can cause delay)! I worked there years ago unloading trucks in the morning, brutal work, but will keep you in shape, if you don't die first! :p

Chris

Tom` said:
Xenu said:
So close... but alas, still a monday delivery I guess.

It's only 8:34 in Winnipeg now - if it takes 7 hours we're still at delivery before 4 PM (assuming the weather doesn't slow things down too much), so Michael could give the green light tonight - not sure how that works out with the factory though, since I don't know the time difference there. Still, I heard somewhere that the factory keeps running on Saturday...
tongue.gif

The weather doesn't look that bad...
*hopes*

So close. If they green lighted it today, they may have been able to get out 2000 or 3000 cases before CNY.

Phawx said:
So close. If they green lighted it today, they may have been able to get out 2000 or 3000 cases before CNY.
If they greenlight today they might get 4000 before newyear. But I don't have much hope of that. I'm one of the last in line so I believe I'll hav to wait a few extra weeks for my Pandora.

Well, Today for us is more like Tomorrow for China. I don't know if they work on Saturday, So it would be like if they started on Monday.

Likewise, if they get it Monday, that means the factory starts on Tuesday. Which means *maybe* they could get out 2000.

New tweet from Craig;

Craigix
Looks like these cases might actually arrive today. 16 minutes ago from web

Does he have some info that ED hasn't tweeted yet? As jumpman said 'out for delivery' are the UPS magic words meaning it's on your local delivery truck right now.

Assuming Monday delivery, let's say best case scenario Michael gets it them early Monday morning local time. If he takes all day testing and says they are good by 5pm local time, that would be 7am Tuesday morning in China I believe. It's conceivable that the factory would start work on Tuesday (though Wednesday sounds a much safer bet) and actually get some completed cases out by Friday.

Phawx said:
Well, Today for us is more like Tomorrow for China. I don't know if they work on Saturday, So it would be like if they started on Monday.

Likewise, if they get it Monday, that means the factory starts on Tuesday. Which means *maybe* they could get out 2000.

China: "Welcome to the world of tomorrow!"

naples39 said:
Craigix

Does he have some info that ED hasn't tweeted yet?

I saw that too. No, I don't think that he has any information that we don't. I kinda wish Craig would stop doing that. I mean, I understand that he's excited, but he's clearly jumping the gun with those posts. He did the same thing yesterday, after MWeston had posted here telling us not getting too worked up about the change from Friday to Monday. If that package was 7 hours away from MWeston this morning at 8:30a, then I don't think there's much of a chance for a delivery this afternoon. Whenever I get something shipped to me, the farthest location I've ever had something listed as being 'Out for Delivery' has been within about an hour to an hour and a half from me. Any further away and it gets routed through a closer location.

That said, it is also possible that UPS has not updated their systems and the package really is closer. Although, that's not really something that you should count on.

You guys are assuming that they're going to be transported by motor vehicle.

Considering it's international, it's possible they're getting flown into the southern states from Canada.

Then again, I've never used UPS.

emil10001 said:
naples39 said:
Craigix

Does he have some info that ED hasn't tweeted yet?
That said, it is also possible that UPS has not updated their systems and the package really is closer.

UPS here in the states has suprised me more than once with a package that wasn't going to arrive anytime soon. I hope for the later first batchers that kind of speed happens also with the Winnipeg office crew. I am most grateful that Michael does not live in the Washington DC area.

I guess Craig is basing his assumption in ED's latest tweet:
Loc.: WINNIPEG, MB, CA --- Date: 05/02/2010, 5:46 --- Description: REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT

Sorry for the off topic, but..
MWeston said:
The major part of making cases isn't necessarily molding the parts, but carefully packaging up the parts for shipping. Final parts don't get shipped like samples do which is crammed into plastic bags inside one big box. Regardless of how many cases can be made next week, the limitation is on how many can be safely packaged and shipped. That is why Craig wants to pick a reasonable number to ship before the CNY.

Back