New Unofficial Blog Feature: Live Chat

For some reason the applet doesn't work in Opera 10 (at least for me) - Perhaps a direct link on the chat page would be useful, like irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/openpandora (with url tags) - which would launch an already installed IRC client. It also automatically opens the IRC client built into Opera, which is much more preferable to the applet.

Gruso said:
Good point. That's maintained by Screeny, unofficial German blogger. Might be worth bumping the toolbar thread.
I'll bump the thread here, hope he comes by to see it. No idea how to find him on the unnoficial German blog, nor any of the German websites/forums.

If any other German members want to track down Screeny, I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.

Edit: Screeny was last here on the 8th, so he's still active frequently. I PM'd him on this site with reference to this thread and specifically your post #53.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ We exchanged PMs last week, so he should get yours ok. :)

Rightio, time for a new blog header. I probably should have done this before the move, but anyway. The aim of the new header:

- Stick with the same base image so we don't freak anyone out
- Incorporate the word "press" to reflect the new URL
- Keep the word "unofficial" in there. To be honest the word "unofficial" reminds me of lame fan sites, but it's important that we leave it in.

OLD:

pandorahdrold.jpg

NEW (proposed):

pandorapresshdr-1.jpg

Thoughts? Shuffle some stuff around?* Add 30 layers of lens flare?

* By "stuff" I mean "the unofficial blog" and "press". The rest has to stay where it is.

Gruso said:

Rightio, time for a new blog header. I probably should have done this before the move, but anyway. The aim of the new header:

- Stick with the same base image so we don't freak anyone out
- Incorporate the word "press" to reflect the new URL
- Keep the word "unofficial" in there. To be honest the word "unofficial" reminds me of lame fan sites, but it's important that we leave it in.

Thoughts? Shuffle some stuff around?* Add 30 layers of lens flare?

* By "stuff" I mean "the unofficial blog" and "press". The rest has to stay where it is.

Hmm... seems you also left the "community" out. If you don't like the sound of "unofficial", you could always use "The community blog", in my opinion it sounds implicitly unofficial. Otherwise, I agree about keeping the general appearance the same and adding the "press".

B-ZaR said:
Hmm... seems you also left the "community" out. If you don't like the sound of "unofficial", you could always use "The community blog", in my opinion it sounds implicitly unofficial. Otherwise, I agree about keeping the general appearance the same and adding the "press".
Community instead of unofficial would be a nice choice.
Unofficial makes it sound like the blog's run by a bunch of yahoo's and that's just not true. Everyone knows your a bunch of smart arses ;)

The rest is top notch work as always guys. Nice one :)

If you don't like "unofficial" you could always go for "Unauthorised" for that hint of revealing skeletons in the closet... but "community blog" works pretty well for me :)

IMHO it's time to leave the unofficial out of it, it's a community blog... nothing unofficial about that.

edit: oh yeah, nice work dudes!

There isn't a link to the chat page anywhere I can find, besides the original blog post. Is it getting a side panel icon?

^ It is, but a wee bug is preventing me from editing the sidebar widgets. I'll have to speak to my webmaster. He's been tireless in dealing with my endless support emails. :D

Trip: Never fear, it's not just you. I've been thinking about how to adjust text opacities for the right emphasis. Comparisons:

All text 100% opaque (for reference):

pandorapresso1.jpg

Emphasis on "press":

pandorapresso2.jpg

Emphasis on "community blog":

pandorapresso3.jpg

I'm leaning towards the last one.

Gruso said:

I actually meant PM'd him here. Anyway, he replied and said he updated it. Looks good from my testing except the name under [pages about the pandora] -> [blogs&news] still is "openpandora.wordpress". I'll let him know, I'm sure he'll update it.

I like the batman banner btw.

Gruso said:
Emphasis on "press":

pandorapresso2.jpg

I think that the second one would make more sense, since the name of the blog is (going to be) Pandora Press. That would be like Microsoft having a logo that said "Microsoft".

atomicthumbs said:
Gruso said:
Emphasis on "press":

pandorapresso2.jpg

I think that the second one would make more sense, since the name of the blog is (going to be) Pandora Press. That would be like Microsoft having a logo that said "Microsoft".
Agree. Can't see any reason why the press should be darker than the Pandora part??
Looks great too btw :)

Back