Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

In terms of human communication and therefore how it's displayed I believe that DD-MM-YYYY to be the best.
If you only say the 15th, then the current month and year is assumed.
If you need to stipulate the month then you say 15th May, so on.
It may be logical to store it in the backend as YYYYMMDD but I don't think it's logical for it to be displayed that way, as most people don't speak to each other that way.
Sorry for OT.

Na-Noo said:
In terms of human communication and therefore how it's displayed I believe that DD-MM-YYYY to be the best.
If you only say the 15th, then the current month and year is assumed.
If you need to stipulate the month then you say 15th May, so on.
It may be logical to store it in the backend as YYYYMMDD but I don't think it's logical for it to be displayed that way, as most people don't speak to each other that way.
Sorry for OT.

+1

EDIT: also sorry for continuing OT

Last edited by a moderator:
From Evil Dragons twitter:

Rescheduled Delivery Date: 08/02/2010

Would've been nice before the weekend, but won't happen sadly.

It might bounce back to Friday once it hits the US border (Alaska). These China shipments change the delivery date once or twice along the route every time. Sometimes they change back to the original delivery date, sometimes they don't. We'll know by tonight.

MWeston said:
It might bounce back to Friday once it hits the US border (Alaska). These China shipments change the delivery date once or twice along the route every time. Sometimes they change back to the original delivery date, sometimes they don't. We'll know by tonight.
Hope - despair - hope - despair. I'm giong nuts. I'm getting out to drink something...

Xenu said:
MWeston said:
Hope - despair - hope - despair. I'm giong nuts. I'm getting out to drink someting...

this project will make alcoholics out of us all.... poor craig

MonkeyChops said:
Xenu said:
MWeston said:
Hope - despair - hope - despair. I'm giong nuts. I'm getting out to drink someting...

this project will make alcoholics out of us all.... poor craig
Oh, I'm sure he'll be fine once he downs a bottle or two of vodka... ;)

Here's hoping for the 5th, though!

Don't worry about the OT guys, when there's nothing going on its fine :), I thought that talking about the date was perfectly on topic as we were almost debating whether I should have included an American date to stop confusion.

MWeston said:

Let's hope for the best.

Craigix twitter update:

So, the final cases arrive on Monday. We hope. There are a lot of naked Pandora boards waiting for them!

Sounds like Friday is a no-go.

http://twitter.com/craigix

Defo said:
Craigix twitter update:

So, the final cases arrive on Monday. We hope. There are a lot of naked Pandora boards waiting for them!

Sounds like Friday is a no-go.

http://twitter.com/craigix

I don't think that this has changed from when MWeston posted above. I think that at this point, he has the same information that we do. That said, I never expected the cases to actually arrive on Friday anyways, it seemed way too fast. But, as MWeston said, we'll just have to wait and see if it changes again.

Online I always write months with 3 letters (like 5 feb 2010) because then nobody will missunderstand me. Same with using 4 numbers for years. If it's not online the the standard way in Sweden is 100205 (or 10-02-05, or 5/2-10). It really annoys me that my watch just says 2 5, which for me is backwards since we always use day/month when we don't write the years.

so... probably no mass production of cases till after the chinese new year?

I always used the format of the unix "date" command which is MMDDYYYY.

To me, if console does it that way, it's official!

@aesir:
That's kind of a leap mate, as long as the cases are received, reviewed, and green lighted by the 8th, we should still be good to go. Granted, that doesn't even give them 24 hours, but, they want these to ship probably as much or more then the rest of us. I can easily see them dropping everything else to green light these things ASAP.

I mean, if you want to assume Two Months to avoid the disappointment in the event of further delay, sure I understand, but this piece of info is not itself the delay we fear.

Two months is ambiguous on these boards. They lead to despair. They will from now on be referred to as, "the number of months we cannot talk about"

Mandated by Gruso's Law. Failure to comply and the CAT GETS IT!

Either way, whatever happens, by the time CNY rolls around, we WILL know whether or not we'll be getting the Pandora within the next 30 days or so. I find that comforting.

Blog
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51793-all-good-things/

From ED twit:

Missed a few status updates of UPS it seems. Anyways, the most important (and current one).

Loc.: WINNIPEG, MB, CA --- Date: 05/02/2010, 5:46 --- Description: REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT

Back