Release Unknown Horizons

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
This is Unknown Horizons, previously known as FreeAnno.

preview4.png
This port default to SDL, OpenGL rendering is based on MesaGL for know, so it's very slow.
The game is quite slow anyway, even with SDL.

Most of dialog/screen have been resized (not very clean for some), smallest officially supported resolution is 800x600. 
There are still some menu/functions that doesn't work. Multiplayer is not functionnal for now, and Help menu in main menu crash.

Single player works well.

History logs
==========
Build 01
-----------

• Initial release
  • No multiplayer
  • No help on main page
  • No hardware acceleration with OpenGL, use SDL
  • Resize of many screen and menu.
(Note, I messed *again* the PXML file, goofing with the previews, so I'm reuploading build 01 with correct screenshot in PXML)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see this on the Pandora.

Before you start resizing everything by hand, you could try to let notaz sdl scale it down for you.

Might be more performant also.

I tried that, but it segfault, and I haven't been able to locate the source of that :(

The fifengine is not an easy piece to understand, especially the init phase.

Great to have this on Pandora.

Played Anno on PC quite some time with my brother.

I had this originally on my list to port, but after looking at the source and engine requirements, I decided it'd be more time than it was worth to get working like I wanted. Glad to see someone tackle it, even if it's still slow.

Iam interested in the changes that are done to the code to minify the interface. Where can I find the code?

Did you tried to use the OpenGle renderer together with atlas support to get more FPS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam interested in the changes that are done to the code to minify the interface. Where can I find the code?

Did you tried to use the OpenGle renderer together with atlas support to get more FPS?
I'll do diff and post it here. I've changed a few picture also..

This might be worth a try with libGL.
My SDCard is full, but once I have made some space (or by a bigger one), I'll try. It might give a good speedup if it work :)

You should just be able to mount the pnd and manually run it with my libGL in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of mesagl

I tried, but it seems I need to hack support for 800x480 for the OpenGLe (and mayby regular OpenGL also) renderer.

Yeah, but I'm fighting with fife engine... The SWIG pat need to be cross compiled now. It was barely compiling before, now I get a "killed" all the time, even with no optimisation... Need to set this up with cross compile (I started this a few time ago already, but it's not finished yet). And yes, my objective was to test the OpenGL part (but I still need to hack something to be able to run with the 800x480 screensize of the Pandora, as 1024x600 seems to be the minimum accepted screensize).

Back