Release I Have No Tomatoes

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is the native OpenGL -> OpenGL-ES port of I Have No Tomatoes.

I Have No Tomatoes Funny name, funny game, huh?  It’s designed to be enjoyed in short breaks, when you just have to waste ten minutes of your time. With Tomatoes, you can have some fun while at it! Released in 2004, with nice isometric 3d graphics and cool music. Try it!

preview5.png
 It's running well, on Gigahertz (with very few graphics artefacts) or C.C. No slowdowns.

History logs

==========

Build 01

-----------

• Initial release
Build 02-----------

• Added automatic MipMap generation (less artefacs on gigahertz Pandora?)
  • Added (Shoot) and (Special) button to validate menu.
For those interested, here are the modified sources. I have used #ifdef HAVE_GLES and #ifdef PANDORA, so it should be compilable on other GLES plateform with not much effort (update sources, with automatic mimap generation, thanks to Pickles).

Attachments

• tomatoes-src.tar.gz
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
This is great :)

From the screenshots it looks even better than the LibGL version I did some time ago.

Now everyone can enjoy this fun little game.

I had to deactivate mipmaps, because it use some GLU function to calculate them, but it seems to still work well. There were some glList also, but I found some workaround and a few tricks, so I didn't have to create full implementations.

I had to deactivate mipmaps, because it use some GLU function to calculate them, but it seems to still work well. There were some glList also, but I found some workaround and a few tricks, so I didn't have to create full implementations.
You know there builtin method in opengl to generate the mipmaps?

glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP, GL_TRUE );

glTexImage2D (GL_TEXTURE_2D, blah );

Hum, I haven't tried that. It use some gluBuild2DMipmaps that doesn't exist in GLUES, I haven't looked at substitute and just deactivated mipmap. I'll try reactivating them using automatic mimap yes.

Oh, and thanks again for eglport, I used it every time, great stuff really !

Hum, I haven't tried that. It use some gluBuild2DMipmaps that doesn't exist in GLUES, I haven't looked at substitute and just deactivated mipmap. I'll try reactivating them using automatic mimap yes.

Yeah building them manually is outdated, especially since you can do it with one line.

Thanks, it good to hear its useful for others.

Yeah building them manually is outdated, especially since you can do it with one line.

Thanks, it good to hear its useful for others.
So, I build the game with automatic mipmap, and It works well.

The interesting point is that *I think* I have much less artefact on the gigahertz Pandora than without mipmaps?! I make an update PND (and sorry for the bandwith on the repo). Please those who tried this game with a gigahertz pandora (and have notice the artifacts) try the build 02 (when it's on the repo) to confirm or not this. Could be usefull.

So, updated build on the repo

Build 02

-----------

• Added automatic MipMap generation (less artefacs on gigahertz Pandora?)
  • Added (Shoot) and (Special) button to validate menu.

Using the Archived button on the repo, you can also grab the build 01, and see if automatic mipmaping reduce or not artefacts on Gigahertz Pandora.

I love this game . Mindless fun with slick graphics and audio. Very nice d-pad control too.

Whoever created this game must of loved creamed tomato soup  :D

Last edited:
Back