Uni Coursework

C

chrisnic0

Can anyone help me out with this assignment ive got 4 2morrow.
Or else im screwed
lol

Journal Entry - 500-600 words max
Explain how 3D video and animation works. Give one example where using 3d video gives an advantage over 2D video. You may use images and links within the document. Please ensure that you credit all sources used in the bibliography at the end of this document ( the Bibliography is not included in the word count).

Thanks
Nico

IS this how you spend your life in uni? Fucking hell.
Anyway erm think about an animated film or game you've played. You oviously know about these things otherwise the assignment wouldn't be set. What's your trouble, can';t be arsed? Or do you have no idea?

WTF? It's 500-600 words. That's child's play, most Uni essays go about 1,000 or so at least. Or in my case, about 2 hours of programming a week :D

Rico posted on Dec 2 2004 at 09:15 PM said:
WTF? It's 500-600 words. That's child's play, most Uni essays go about 1,000 or so at least. Or in my case, about 2 hours of programming a week :D

Man! 1000???? My essays were all 2,500-3,500 words!

Bloody 500-600!

Man!

Last edited by a moderator:
kknd_cf posted on Dec 2 2004 at 08:26 PM said:
IS this how you spend your life in uni? Fucking hell.
Anyway erm think about an animated film or game you've played. You oviously know about these things otherwise the assignment wouldn't be set. What's your trouble, can';t be arsed? Or do you have no idea?

What do u mean is this how I spend my life at uni?
Yeah i cant be arsed, oh btw it only 500 words plus the other 2500 ive already done. Its a journal entry.

Nico

all 2d work is mostly done by hand in a way, whether it is flash,gif, anime, it modified usually on a frame(s) by frame(s) basis. With 3d animation you can get full motion captors, change 'sets' backgrounds everything really quickly...

Try www.3dbuzz.com
redvsblue is a good example of 3d animation
killer bean if it is still around...

Now try doing that in 2d..

Note: 2d is better at doing some things then 3d

If you can't be arsed to do this, go and tell your teacher. Probably he/she will understand. Nobody should force you to write 500 words all on your own.

I would consider a "Multimedia Learning Environment [MLE]" approach to this. For example Microsoft Encarta predominately has 2D videos and theres no direct interaction between the user and the video. Whereas a proper 3D MLE (for a historical event for example) would give the user more viewpoints and understanding on how people would act given the environment they are in.

The example link is from Google and tries to illustrate what I'm saying VRoma it is a virtual 3D representation of Rome 150AD.

If I could help more I would, but I'm hungry and more importantly need a beer :p

thanks for your help guys, bar spray who is a cock munching gay.

chrisnic0 posted on Dec 4 2004 at 12:56 AM said:
thanks for your help guys, bar spray who is a cock munching gay.
Aggg... Don't you start. <_<

Back