Beta Uae4All Additions

Ah, using the touchscreen like a notebook-touchpad. No, I don't want to drag the mouse pointer around with the stylus - that's what the nub (and dpad) in mouse-mode is for (and which should work for USB mice/trackballs, too).

Note you can also drag the mouse pointer around with the stylus now - only the pointer will always be beneath the tip of your stylus.

smoku said:
Project X works fine on FAME core.
Project-X Special Edition 93 works fine.

But Project-X doesn't work.
It doesn't start the first level (neither with Fame nor Cyclone).
Menu and Intro works but after the loading text for level 1 the screen stays black.

Last edited by a moderator:
john4p said:
But Project-X doesn't work.
It doesn't start the first level (neither with Fame nor Cyclone).
Menu and Intro works but after the loading text for level 1 the screen stays black.

This is what happens with Cyclone core on N900. It prints a message of unsupported branching or something. That's why I dropped Cyclone.
With FAME core it works fine on N900.

How do "Cannon Fodder" and "Cannon Fodder 2" play with this new fangled mouse implementation? I'd love to play CF1 again, and I never completed 2 so I'd be very excited if it's possible to play nicely using mouse emulation. Thanks for checking these games (assuming you are kind enough to do so).

Heh :)
That touchscreen/mouse solution was also one of my suggestions of how it could be solved.
A lot of people said this won't work and isn't possible.
Nice to see it working now :D Thanks a bunch :)

Will wrap a new PND up tonight.

Hmm... now the only issue is the one with the touchscreen messing up when you have a fullscreen app that either uses its own mousepointer or is not running in 800x480 fullscreen.
notaz and / or DJWillis mentioned to me that's something the game / app needs to take care of, as far as I remember.
I wonder how hard it would be - can the touchscreen simply be limited to that area? Then it should work properly.

If this is the case, I wonder if such limiter could be implemented in SDL, so that it simply limits the touchscreen to the size of the opened fullscreen... then it should work with all SDL apps out of the box.

Hmm... another solution would be running the game maximized in a window without decorations. Or opening an 800x480 fullscreen and only render part of the screen there...

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be better rendered to a fullscreen target texture and scaled to the pandoras fullscreen with OpgeGLES ?
You would probably have to scale the touchscreen pointer co-ords but if the pandora just handed app a scalled coord when requested (application profile / pnd?) the the end app wouldnt care if would just take its native resolution for input and output...

EvilDragon said:
Heh :)
That touchscreen/mouse solution was also one of my suggestions of how it could be solved.
A lot of people said this won't work and isn't possible.

I still stand by it not being possible to do it perfectly. It's still just dragging the mouse about. It's not true touch screen and I'm certain it won't work on all Amiga games, you will see it go out of 'sync' sometimes and other games just won't work right with this method. It depends totally how they interpreted the mouse input.

Some options to adjust the way it 'fakes' (+1,+2) the movement and some kind of way to limit the screen range might help with some software.

Well, sure, you can never make the standard Amiga recognize it as touchscreen, as it doesn't know about it.
It's just a mouse simulation.
But if it lets you play Lemmings 2, Vermeer, Ports of Call, Nuclear Wars, Dune 1 and Dune 2, Populous 1 & 2, etc. with the touchscreen, then that's more than enough.
And since most of these games use standard DOS mousepointers, it should work :)

Thanks muchly, ED (and of course, john4p and smoku). Now I can add this to my main SD Card, ready for when my replacement Pandora arrives tomorrow morning. :D

NickLoTurco said:
Does Walker work now? Also, I know Goal!, Project X and Jimmy White don't work but is there any chance they might one day as they are three of my faves? Thanks for looking into the touchscreen issue by the way.

:(

Project X is shown running fine in this video:

[media]http://www.youtube.c...ayer_embedded#![/media]

Bum

SteveM said:
Ian_J said:
Project X is shown running fine in this video:
At 0:38 is says Project X rolling demo.

Does that mean it's just a video then? I thought that most if not all game demo's on the Amiga used the actual game engine.

@Ian_J: The revised version, Project-X Special Edition 93 - which btw. got better reviews than the initial version of Project-X, works fine with our UAE4All.

smoku said:
john4p said:
To get Goal, Project X and Jimmy White to work some emulation-features of newer (Win/E-)UAE versions would have to be added.

Project X works fine on FAME core.
Just tried it again - nope, level 1 doesn't start. Same behaviour with FAME/C and Cyclone.

So Cyclone isn't the reason it doesn't work.

If it works in the N900-port then that's because you have some other more recent sources from Chui's Dingoo-updates. Maybe his newer disk.cpp makes it run. When you took his stuff (Savestates with FAME/C) you got this as well.

I'll see what sources I can replace in our version to further improve our compatibility (which is currently at ~92% success rate).

john4p said:
So Cyclone isn't the reason it doesn't work.

I will repeat very slowly: ;)

1. UAE4ALL ME (for N900) with Cyclone core - Project X does not work. Cyclone prints "unsupported branching (or something)" to console and hungs.
2. UAE4ALL ME (for N900) - the same exact code, but with FAME core (the only change) - Project X works fine.

The only difference is the CPU emulation core. Nothing else is changed.
Cyclone is very specific about the problem encountered - I just don't remember the exact message.
If you want I will rebuild the Cyclone version and check the error message.

Back