Beta Uae4All Additions

The addition of the "extra halfbright"-mode fixed that (see screenshot on previous page).

smoku said:
TitanUranus said:
[...] it really shows there is interest in developing stuff on the pandora.

Actually these were implemented for N900 :lol:

Turbo loading is available in UAE, but how easy would it be to add to UAE4all? Also, any chance of emulating more memory? And my final question - are hard drive files ever likely to be supported?

I have plans for porting more features from E-UAE to UAE4ALL ME, so they will eventually land on Pandora's version too :)

P.S. Chui is reachable via e-mail and did help me a lot answering questions and pointing things. He has no time for developing stuff anymore, but is glad to help.

would having Pandora hardware endear you to doing more work on the emu for the pandora or even generally?

Last edited by a moderator:
N900 is not really fitted as a game console. Arcade games are horrible to play without using PS3 DS controller.
So for now I am more interested in porting and improving ports of mouse (touch screen) based games: Widelands, Bos Wars, Freeciv, LinCity, etc. as this is what I play while commuting to work. (N900 resistive screen with stylus is perfect for that).
Since most emulated games are arcade ones, I have less interest in improving emulators. With one exception - I do like to play Tekken3 on TV using dualshock.

I guess this is general point missed by most non-coder community members of all open source based communities.
We (mostly) do not code, port and hack software because we like the process (it's tedious and mostly boring), we want to make world better (well... maybe the closest one), or seek community appraisal. We do this to fulfill our own needs. To scratch the itch.
I ported PCSX and PSX4ALL because I love Tekken3. I ported E-UAE and UAE4ALL because I wanted to watch SOTA whenever I want. I ported Widelands because I loved to play Settlers and still love it. Etc. etc.

So yes. If I would buy Pandora this would naturally incline me to work on software for it.
But since I already own N900 I do not really want to spend money on another gadget which I may or may not find use for.

But since it's the same hardware and software basically, you may enjoy my improvements on Pandora and I may enjoy Pandora improvements on N900.
It's pity though that GP2X and Pandora developers do not share the habit of sharing the (even GPLed) source alongside with binaries, like we Linux folks do and we (maemo people) need to resort to begging GP2X/Pandora devs for the sources.

What you said holds true for me, too. I did the "UAE4All additions" because the main reason I've bought the Pandora was to be able to play Amiga games fullspeed on a handheld.
Since 99% of my favorite Amiga games are OCS/ECS-titles not having AGA-support isn't a big deal currently.
Of course it would be nice to be able to play Banshee or Slam Tilt, too...

I'll upload the latest sources today (had no time yesterday and there were still some bugs I've fixed today anyway).

smoku said:
So yes. If I would buy Pandora this would naturally incline me to work on software for it.
But since I already own N900 I do not really want to spend money on another gadget which I may or may not find use for.

i asked as my interest is amiga (to a1200 / WHDload level) on Pandora and elsewhere there is discussion about what to do with a Pandora that is to go back to "the community" somehow. This may well end up as a poll as to who to donate this to on the understanding they work on something the community vote for.
I'd happily nominate anyone for this free machine who could work on the amiga emu to this level. i'd also happily chuck into a fund a to support this ongoing (i doubt my contributions alone would "motivate" anyone, but it'd get a night out on the beer once a month)

Hires-mode is fixed now (again).
Button (B ) is a shortcut to "more options" in main menu.
In mouse-mode (A) was "arrow right" and (B ) was "arrow left" - that's corrected now ((A)=left, (B )=right)
In mouse-mode (=pinball-mode) dpad left and dpad right fired LALT every frame (in quasi autofire-mode) when pressed causing annoying sound in Pinball Dreams/Fantasies - that's fixed (LALT is now constantly pressed as long as you press dpad left or dpad right).

Updated text in runme.sh-script (UAE core => FAME/C and "Mouse mode = Pinball mode").

New version: http://www.filefront.com/17158942/uae4all.zip

Sources: http://www.filefront.com/17158887/uae4all_pandora_src.zip

Here's a UAE4All-binary with UAE-core for testing purposes (release above only has FAME/C- and Cyclone-cores): http://www.filefront.com/17158888/uae4all_uaecore.zip
(Copy to UAE4All-dir and execute test.sh.)

@mosschops: I agree smoku would be a good Pandora donation-target...

Wow, these updates are very exciting. The elusive HAM mode looks amazing; I will be ready to put this emulator to good use once the new Pandy arrives. Thank you for all your efforts!

Another Bugfix:

Mouse-pointer in Workbench was only half as wide as before and could only be moved in the left half of the screen.
Using the changes from smoku's commit "Removed misported sprite collision handling" fixed this again.
Also Pinball Fantasies' menu wasn't displayed correctly before (some gfx on the left were missing) which was also fixed by this.

Download new version here: http://www.filefront.com/17164714/uae4all.zip

Sources: http://www.filefront.com/17164715/uae4all_pandora_src.zip

Hi john4p could you pnd these up for us other wise us linux noobs have to wait for someone else to pnd it up :) thanks.

milkshake said:
Hi john4p could you pnd these up for us other wise us linux noobs have to wait for someone else to pnd it up :) thanks.

Isn't the reason he is releasing it as a zip because he himself was having trouble making correct pnds? And anyways, if you're so desperate to try it out, you don't have to make a PND. You can just run the executable in the directory wherever you extract the archive to.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
milkshake said:

Isn't the reason he is releasing it as a zip because he himself was having trouble making correct pnds? And anyways, if you're so desperate to try it out, you don't have to make a PND. You can just run the executable in the directory wherever you extract the archive to.

-God Ginrai
Just never bothered to do it. Now I wanted to but then noticed that someone else already uploaded an updated PND today (ED?):

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,72,74

@NickLoTurco: Well, Jimmy White Snooker currently doesn't work at all (Archer Maclean's Pool does though).
Touchscreen-support should be definitely possible - don't know if I can do it (also not much time these days).

Actually touchscreen support is widely touted as virtually impossible in Amiga emulation. There are various topics on the subject.

Pleng said:
Actually touchscreen support is widely touted as virtually impossible in Amiga emulation. There are various topics on the subject.

If someone has managed to do it I'd love to hear how it works and if it works in every game.

Back