Beta Uae4All Additions

(Re-)Added Cyclone
-----------------------------

Here's now a release including the UAE M68K-core and the Cyclone core:

http://www.filefront.com/17009469/uae4all.zip

The Cyclone-version has all the features of the latest release - except Savestates (menu is changed appropriately and quicksave/quickload-button combination deactivated).

When starting runme.sh you now get to decide between 50Hz and 60Hz, then between doubled and softstretched mode and finally between UAE M68K (with savestates) and Cyclone (no savestates).

I've noticed that with UAE M68K core some games need 550 or 600MHz to have clear sound at frameskip 0 (no big deal, but for Cyclone 500MHz is sufficient for more games).

Note Cyclone doesn't work well when overclocked - e.g. sound becomes stuttery at 750MHz. Cyclone seems to run best at 500 or 550MHz.
With UAE M68K core there is no such effect (so if sound isn't perfect at frameskip 0 press F12 to switch to windowed mode, overclock a bit and return to fullscreen mode by pressing F12 again).
Also there's slightly less tearing in 2D scrolling games with UAE M68K core (probably due to timing-luck as stated by notaz).

Unpack the above archive with "unzip -e uae4all.zip" somewhere on your SD-card.
Add your kickstart 1.3-file either named "kick13.rom" into the "kickstarts"-subdir or put it in the same dir where uae4all is and name it "kick.rom".
Put some ADFs into the "roms"-subdir.
Finally call runme.sh (from terminal or filemanager or create a shortcut to it).

And here is your new PND

You can now select the UAE Core or Cyclone core.
Aditionally, it asks you if you want to use the left or right nub as mouse (only on first startup).

john4p: Some things I still find weird :)

* I always try to select menu entries with X. This starts the Amiga... bit weird, do we need it like that? :)
* Mouse Speed doesn't work. Neither for DPad nor for nub mouse. And both are way too slow to be really usable :D

Some tests with Cyclone / UAE - Core:
Couldn't get more games to run with UAE Core. Wizkid and Rock'n'Roll still crash.
AND UAE Core runs CLOSE to fullspeed on 500 MHz, but not 100%. You get a short sound stutter each 5 - 10 seconds using FS0. So it's good we kept the Cyclone in there. :)
Interesting though that there was neither a sound stutter nor graphic hang on Autoframeskip.

Hey thanks for the PND ED

Is it working for you? I cant get it to run. It prompts me for the mouse/core/screen but then doesnt do anything?

I have tried blowing away the uae4all appdata folder and old pnd and redownloading - still wont do anything after the prompts.....

jonlad1 said:
Hey thanks for the PND ED

Is it working for you? I cant get it to run. It prompts me for the mouse/core/screen but then doesnt do anything?

I have tried blowing away the uae4all appdata folder and old pnd and redownloading - still wont do anything after the prompts.....

Oh, crap, I know what's wrong... permissions again :)

Just wait a sec, I'll update!

Last edited:
Redownload.
Don't have a Pandora here for testing, but should be fixed now.

I always forget that stupid ZIP archives don't keep Linux file permissions.. I originally made the new version with the UAE-Core version only - then realized there's a new release... so I just replaced script and binaries... and those binaries were missing the executable flag. :)

I didn't have any problems with Wizkid on the GP2X with either core, sure it's not your disk? The crack might cause it, also there is a version of Wizkid which takes a LONG time to load out there (like 2 mins).

craigix said:
I didn't have any problems with Wizkid on the GP2X with either core, sure it's not your disk? The crack might cause it, also there is a version of Wizkid which takes a LONG time to load out there (like 2 mins).

Might be. It takes ages to load and when the game starts, the graphics is scrambled :)

Last edited:
Is there a version of batman the movie out there that doesnt take 10 minutes just to get to the title screen?

I've tried three and all of them take donkeys....

jonlad1 said:
Is there a version of batman the movie out there that doesnt take 10 minutes just to get to the title screen?

Its called WHDLoad and you can forget it on UAE4ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
* I always try to select menu entries with X. This starts the Amiga... bit weird, do we need it like that? :)
I can change that.

EvilDragon said:
* Mouse Speed doesn't work. Neither for DPad nor for nub mouse. And both are way too slow to be really usable :D
You can set "mouse multiplier" higher in the menu - then the dpad controlled mouse should be faster.
But I felt the mouse is quite fast with the analog nubs.

EvilDragon said:
Some tests with Cyclone / UAE - Core:
Couldn't get more games to run with UAE Core. Wizkid and Rock'n'Roll still crash.
Then the reason for the incompatibility is probably FAME/C which both UAE core and Cyclone additionally use (on the other hand FAME/C is probably the reason why the emu with UAE core is still fast).
Maybe you could really try all of the available ADFs in TOSEC. For example out of the 10 available Lotus II-ADFs only 1 works with UAE4All (but this one works flawless).

EvilDragon said:
AND UAE Core runs CLOSE to fullspeed on 500 MHz, but not 100%. You get a short sound stutter each 5 - 10 seconds using FS0. So it's good we kept the Cyclone in there. :)
Interesting though that there was neither a sound stutter nor graphic hang on Autoframeskip.
At 600MHz these stutters should be gone with UAE core at frameskip 0 (and 600MHz isn't even overclocking our Cortex A8 ;) ).
Depending on the game 550MHz or even 500MHz can be sufficient to get completely stable sound at frameskip 0.

jonlad1 said:

Just load it once and then create a savestate at the title screen. Then you won't have to wait again.

Last edited by a moderator:
john4p said:
EvilDragon said:
You can set "mouse multiplier" higher in the menu - then the dpad controlled mouse should be faster.
But I felt the mouse is quite fast with the analog nubs.

Now that's interesting. Mouse speed didn't change for me (at least not in the UAE-core version released before you put both into the package).
And the Nub mouse took about 5 - 6 seconds to move from one side of the screen to the other one with the nubs...

Why is that so different here? :eek:

Last edited:
Just tried Hunter - with the nub the mouse takes slightly less than 1 second from the left to the right border of the screen.

With dpad mouse emulation mode at "Mouse Speed 1x" the mouse moves very slowly. At "Mouse Speed 5x" it's quite fast.

I haven't installed Hotfix Pack #3 yet (only #2). Maybe that could make a difference for the nub control?

You should try dpad mouse control emulation again with "Mouse Speed 5x" - I don't think a Hotfix pack could make a difference for that...

Btw., could you please add to the changelog in the file archive that Savestates have been added (even if they only work with the UAE core)?

Hm, nope, Hotfix 3 hasn't changed anything for the nubs AFAIK.

Tried again: Yeah, Mouse speed changes something (tried 1x and 2x last time - difference was so minor I didn't even realize it :))

Fired up Workbench (standard old 1.3 one with normal resolution).

Moving the mouse pointer with DPad from right side to left side: 5 Seconds
Moving the mouse pointer with the nub from right side to left side: 2,3 Seconds.

Both seem slow for me :)

Grab the new version here: http://www.filefront.com/17014643/uae4all.zip

Changes:
  • added horizontal adjustment
  • faster mouse movement
  • slow mouse movement with (Y)-button
  • (X)-button is now confirm-button in menu ((A) still works, too)

Mouse moves faster now.
Hold the (Y)-actionbutton to move the mouse at slow speed (works for both nub and dpad mouse emulation mode).

Horizontal adjustment: L-Trigger + dpad left/right to move the displayed area horizontally.
(Since vertical adjustment was implemented previously you can now move the displayed area in any direction.)

Have you got a link to the latest source? The link in the source thread seems to point to a no-cyclone version, whereas I think it is now an option?

Had a very quick look at drawing.cpp, which includes the profiling/frame limiting code. Are we compiling with auto_framerate or auto_profiler configured?

And has anyone tested this stuttering when overclocked with auto framerate on/off? not sure what options you get in the gui (no pandora yet, sigh).

The spanish doesn't help either.....

Back