Uae2x 0.1alpha Wip

Got uae2x working by extracting directly to the SD card.

will mess around with it now, seems the speed slider is gone though.

Also there is some flickeron the menu screen on te selected icon, not a big thing I know. ;)

Got uae2x working by extracting directly to the SD card.
will mess around with it now, seems the speed slider is gone though.

Also there is some flickeron the menu screen on te selected icon, not a big thing I know. ;)
no speed slider :) it's cpu wise..
flickering is due to mmu hack, will be fixed..

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good...
Although I did use the tweak version ,went into the speed settings.. didn`t change anything... pressed B to come out/confirm and it faded out like Criticals version did before the o/c thing was fixed.

Also seems the screen is shifted downwards?
Floppy access seems slower than before?

Awaiting instructions :)

I have also noticed many options on the config screen dont remain when you go back in so i am unsure if I actually changed them. Speed, CPU type seem to go back to max and aga everytime. I am also finding it difficult to switch btween joystick and mouse and the on screen keyboard seems missing.

I also tried to do a save state but it didnt seem to work, saved a game of stunt car racer with the save state menu then restarted and went to load but nothing happened just the amiga restarting itself.

I will keep fiddling and get back to you.

Looks good...
Although I did use the tweak version ,went into the speed settings.. didn`t change anything... pressed B to come out/confirm and it faded out like Criticals version did before the o/c thing was fixed.

Also seems the screen is shifted downwards?
Floppy access seems slower than before?

Awaiting instructions :)
1) B is apply, use SELECT to return to main menu.
2) can you give a game name?
3) floppy should be faster actually.. again, can you give a game name for me to test?

I have also noticed many options on the config screen dont remain when you go back in so i am unsure if I actually changed them. Speed, CPU type seem to go back to max and aga everytime. I am also finding it difficult to switch btween joystick and mouse and the on screen keyboard seems missing.

I also tried to do a save state but it didnt seem to work, saved a game of stunt car racer with the save state menu then restarted and went to load but nothing happened just the amiga restarting itself.

I will keep fiddling and get back to you.
1) as i mentioned:
cpu/chipset/cpu speed prefs are disabled and will be removed in next version, but you can change floppy emulation speed, chip/fast/bogo mem size etc..
2) i'll check mouse/joystick/keyboard switching..
3) and:
if loading a savestate crashes the amiga (not the uae2x), try loading the savestate again.

Thanks GnoSTiC, this is great!

Haven't tested a lot yet, but I noticed Paradroid 90 took a lot longer to load than before on the "Loading Droid Library" screen. In-game was excellent though.

Awesome work, GnoStiC! A great many of us are excited about your progress. Love that you're taking the time to move sound to the second core. Can't wait to see what kind of improvement this brings, speed-wise.

I will echo what some others have said, that emulation speed based on a stock A500 is the holy Grail in my books. Your first release was very impresssive. I've been playing Populous for a few weeks with it, with solid performance (a few skipped frames, otherwise perfect).

Good luck with the magic convention.

Mac

Hi GnoStiC,

Would love to hear if you've made any progress on Uae2x. Your plans for the next version sounded tantalizing indeed. Any luck with the sound going over the the 2nd core?

Mac

Testet the wip2 release, the added disksupport for up to 4 drives is a nice feature.
Also the status line is useful so you can see whats going on.

But I still havent figured out how to make the keyboard pop up in this release, or how to swap between mouse and keyboard. Is this removed in this release or how does this work ?

i don't recall removing the mouse/keyboard switching and/or keyboard.. but it had transparency issue..

hmm.. it's really been a while, i guess it's about time for a wip3 :)

has anyone tried worms directors cut on uae2x ? does it work with mouse emulation ? or would i need to use a mouse :S ?
(i cant get to my 2x for a couple of weeks so i cant test myself, hence the questions)

i don't recall removing the mouse/keyboard switching and/or keyboard.. but it had transparency issue..

That would be great. It would be a shame to let this die, as i bet it could run alot faster/smoother with some more optimising.

Well, something have been changed from wip1 to wip2, at least on my GP2X.
In wip1 pressing Start would toggle mouse/joy, but pressing Start in wip2 will bring me back to the startup screen, and pressing start again returns back to the emulator.
And in wip2 whatever key I press I can not change from mouse to joy, or bring up the keyboard.

Also I notice in wip2 there are some minor flickering on the startup/config screen.

I also want to test the hardfile support. I have a 10MB hardfile with wb31, but not sure how to mount it.

By the way, I just testet the superb racing game Vroom on wip1-tweak, and it runs amazingly smooth.
Only thing is that the trottle method is a bit hard to use on the small gp2x stick. You have to push the joy forward all the time while stearing.
So if there was a way to reconfigure the buttons it would be helpful. Even better if this was done so that you could save a particular config for every odd game.

I'm pretty sure Vroom as an in-game option to change throttle to a button (mouse or stickm can't remember exactly).

However, a button remapping feature would be excellent, especially for old platform games that require up to jump.

Does anyone else find this too slow to use?

I loaded up SCR and it was really slow. Then I loaded up cannon fodder and the sound was choppy and at the wrong speed.

Luckily I have an Amiga 3000 on the desk next to me (in terms of the argument about who has the most amigas, I definitely win :)) but people look at me strange when I lug an amiga 3000, monitor and car battery onto the train to play cannon fodder on the way to work :)

Should I be overclocking or something?

I'm pretty sure Vroom as an in-game option to change throttle to a button (mouse or stickm can't remember exactly).

However, a button remapping feature would be excellent, especially for old platform games that require up to jump.
I tried the mouse option in Vroom and then the throttle is ok, but the stearing not so easy.

Back